Author Topic: Shiney Happy people  (Read 1841 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Shiney Happy people
« on: September 17, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »
I remember while in college I used to spend hours on campus chatting the Moonies  and also the hari krisnas who set up tables on the university of Florida,and three doors down from me was a house the moonies rented. I was fascinated with the some of the things they did and the singing coming out of the house and their recruiting techniques. It all rang a personal note and got me thinking about my own private experiences.

One thing that really struck me was when you asked them how they were doing they always answered "Great!" with a big smile and how that was so reminiscent of my own experience in the seed.

Then I got to thinking about how emotionally draining it was to always have to continue to not only have the appearance of feeling "great!" but to actually force my mind to go there, to not think about anything negative about my situation and how if I didn't feel "great" I would have to explain myself to and be confronted by the group. That not feeling "great" was even a cause that could get your program started over, cause you to lose your family and the freedoms you had gained.

Recently I spoke to a real scientologist in the airport (not a celebrity scientologist) and he told me he "felt great!"

The techniques of cultic mind control are often very subtle things that go unnoticed by those around you and even  by yourself.

Right now   I do not feel "great".

Thank goodness.    :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-09-17 07:49 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Shiney Happy people
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
I know what you mean!

Yesterday I went through the postings here and read almost all of them, some for the first time. They tell the most amazing story. When I left the Seed, I thought that was the end. But reading other postings about Straight and Elan and Kids and CEDU - it continues to this day, in one form or another.

I hope to hear more from the people who have posted here over the last 3-4 years, I am learning so much.
ally Gator

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Shiney Happy people
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »
By the way, the journalist named Evan - he's my brother! He's been busy with his new book, but we managed to speak by phone yesterday, and talked about this site and you and ginger. Cool!
ally Gator

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Shiney Happy people
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »
On 2004-09-17 07:47:00, GregFL wrote:

That not feeling "great" was even a cause that could get your program started over, cause you to lose your family and the freedoms you had gained.

Hard as it may be for some people to believe, that was absolutely the worst of it for me. As a kid, I had my share of things to not feel great about. But I couldn't let on or I knew I'd land up on front row.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins; all of them imaginary.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679728953/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> H.L. Mencken, 1923

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Shiney Happy people
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
On 2004-09-17 10:32:00, cleveland wrote:

By the way, the journalist named Evan - he's my brother! He's been busy with his new book, but we managed to speak by phone yesterday, and talked about this site and you and ginger. Cool!

No kiddin'? Well say hi to him for me.

May your days be joyously challenging and your words artfully true.
--Ginger Warbis

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Shiney Happy people
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »
HA!  Evan speaks highly of you Cleveland. we got real close a couple years back and corresponded often, and when he was working on a story stayed at my house for two weeks. Him and I had a ball talking about our experiences and I made a new friend. Recently I read his new book "Generation Kill" and anyone who hasn't read it should. Evan is a tremendously talented writer.

You are lucky to have a brother like him. Please give him my regards and tell him when he gets time to please Email me or call me.

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Shiney Happy people
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »
Yeah, except he's the bastard that got me in the Seed in the first place! Oh well, it all works out.

He is a talented writer, too!
ally Gator