Author Topic: muddled thoughts that dont make sense  (Read 1567 times)

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
muddled thoughts that dont make sense
« on: August 21, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »
I discovered this site a few months back through a link sent by my brother. It was strange because I have never once been ashamed or embarrassed by being in Straight and I have pretty much let anyone who has come into my life know about. Not always in depth more often in a joking manner. As far as I was concerned the only lingering crap I had held onto from there was the ability to over analyze and talk anything to death that had to do with my emotions or actions. After reading and remembering I had a sense of loss of my teenage years??? No I didnt have good ones before Straight I was a mess a rollercoaster of new suicide attempts...and just hating me. After Straight the loss has been of people I cared about in there and a sense of failure that I didnt rise above the crap and not be a Straightling but I succumbed I kissed ass I yelled screamed berated put down taunted and tormented am I proud no do I regret yes. So I make my apologies to those who i walked over in my wake to be at the top of the pile. I graduated I hung out in AA and NA I married a man from their who killed himself. That whole relationship was based on the things I was taught in Straight...The desire to "SAVE someone" then yell scream and fight with them to show them you loved them...Several failures later.And many years of feeling different and alone I sit here wondering if my thoughts make sense and they may not but I needed to say them. I am not that teenager in Straight I still carry the scarring the habits I still at times have to reel in the screaming and yelling. I dont think you ever fully get over tragedies or loosing parts of who you were for me its like the movie Butterfly Effect. I just dont want to go back and change anything because I dont want my outcomes different than what they have been. I have my kids who are the greatest tiny terrorists to walk this planet that love my no matter how scarred or broken I am and for that little piece of my life I guess in a way I am grateful for Straight and those people who I got a chance to know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »
I AM ONLY ME

I am their mother
But they scare me
They are both so small and impressionable
I am only me
I trip over my own feet
I hurt those who care
I am not sure how to love unconditionally
I look at them both
And I am scared to hold them
I am only me
No big shinning star
I trip over my own feet
I falter alot I even fall
I look at them both
I am filled with love and fear
I am not a great person
Of grand accomplishments
I am only me
I trip over my own feet
I am their mother and I love them both

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »
I yelled screamed berated put down taunted and tormented am I proud no do I regret yes. So I make my apologies to those who i walked over in my wake to be at the top of the pile. I graduated I hung out in AA and NA I married a man from their who killed himself. That whole relationship was based on the things I was taught in Straight...The desire to "SAVE someone" then yell scream and fight with them to show them you loved them...Several failures later.And many years of feeling different and alone I sit here wondering if my thoughts make sense and they may not but I needed to say them. I am not that teenager in Straight I still carry the scarring the habits I still at times have to reel in the screaming and yelling. I dont think you ever fully get over tragedies or loosing parts of who you were

Getting past this stuff gave me a sense of control and choice back into my life. It took years of therapy, and learning how to take away those buttons that made me switch over to "Straight Mode." That which you described is one of the most destructive traits I took from them, besides the self hatred they also gave me as my second skin. Always destructive and abusive, never helpful.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »
sounds like  mom to me!

Offline future.air

• View Profile
    • http://elizabethhuey.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »
Hi Gina,
I completely understand.   I suffer from the same rage.

Last week I looked up borderline personality disorder.  Nine characteristics that frequently arise from physical, verbal and or sexual abuse.  Especially abandonment or neglect.

Do you think Straight might have caused borderline symptoms?

Check out this link.
http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/psych ... pd-dsm.htm
pringfield VA 88-90

Offline future.air

• View Profile
    • http://elizabethhuey.com
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: future.air on 2004-08-24 20:59 ]
pringfield VA 88-90

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
Losing confidence in everything. You know how Straight passed that on with the abuse it dished out?  Completely stripped of any decision-making skills? Doubtful of every single thought you made? That has been one of the most damaging things to live with. How was it that we were forced into having razor sharp consciences that we slit our own wrists with?  I?m not even by far one of the worst head gamers, but I know I have a problem with it.

Confrontation is a word that to this day only means something terrible. Hearing that word makes me cringe. Learning to ?confront? someone was another one of the worst skills I?ve ever picked up in my life thanks to Straight. Screaming and yelling relentlessly is not what real confronting is supposed to be. They take this perfectly healthy word, and turn it into a plague. It?s like forcing abandonment. I guess that?s what we were trying to do, or, trained to do. Force people to abandon themselves.

Shaming myself to death for no reason. Something disappoints me and suddenly, it?s my fault in my mind. I feel guilt and shame. That?s what leads down the road to suicide thoughts. Like I can finally understand that I?m useless, and the world will be ?better off? if I?m gone. I?m not saying it?s an intention, just following a thought all the way to, ?Your nothing! You?re a worthless piece of shit!? Why do those voices from almost twenty years ago still echo in my ears? It could be fine, and all of the sudden it hits me like a sledgehammer, and I?m no one all over again.

There?s a lot of things that are imbedded in me like traits that I have to do a daily check on, and have a tendency not to always have the best control over my emotions. I lose patience, or get upset and I?m in tears. I know I?m borderline, but I also have a better handle on it than I could have. We (Borderlines) are very sensitive, overly sensitive , but with the right direction, it can actually be one of our most appealing traits. I?ve always been admired for seeming to have a very passionate nature. I?ve also been called dramatic. I hate being labeled, but acceptance grew to understanding. Understanding gave me a choice, and I know what the right thing to do is now usually, but definitely not always. Sometimes I wonder if any of what I write actually conveys the message I?m trying to get across at all. (Losing confidence in everything again.)

The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions.  The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": 1. fighting;  2. fleeing;  3.feeding; and  4. mating.
-- Psychology professor in neuropsychology intro course

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »
I understand I feel abnormal to people and different and the looks I get at times when I am in parenting groups or at the school with my kids only in my mind confirms it. I am scared to leave any little thing out of place in fear of being in trouble. I am constantly searching my actions and words to make sure they are coming out with " HONEST" reaction and reason.

I think if one went through alot of abuse in Straight in could change and lead them to formering personalities to cope. I didnt have that abusive of a program I think more abusive is watching what other went through or knowing in your heart some of the little girls who sniffed hairsprays would never again lead lives of any normalcy due to Straight wanting money.