Author Topic: ever wonder how much these schools cost PER MONTH??  (Read 8724 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
ever wonder how much these schools cost PER MONTH??
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »
Far be it for me to tote the line that one needs to experience something firsthand in order to make a valid obervation about it,  but in this case, I will.

I think that the only people who would be able to accurately make an assesment about whether or not CEDU was better or worse than prison are people who have both been to CEDU and prison. In addition, there are several variables that come into play. 1. When they were at the CEDU schools, and 2. What type of prison they were in.

Probably the only other people who could make a valid assesment who weren't actually there would be people who have done exhaustive sociological research on both environments. Maybe someone like Maia Szalavitz. I'm not sure how much resarch she has done on prisons, but she sure has done a lot about behavior mod institutions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »
If what you say about coked up little bitches pre and post CEDU is true, then you are basically proving that CEDU is ineffectual at best.

And truth be told, I would say most of the girls I knew at CEDU were NOT coked up sluts.  But for you, I guess those were the only ones worth remembering.  

AS for your crazy wish that I am some coke crazed whore, well, keep dreaming.  You're not the first guy to tell tales about girls in an effort to bolster a poor self image. I don't even smoke pot, dumb ass.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
On 2006-01-12 17:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

I don't even smoke pot, dumb ass.

"

Sounds like you should.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »
Sounds like I should, huh?  Funny, I thought the same thing about you!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »
I went to CEDU 15+ years ago and there were no fucking ski trips no fucking trips anywhere.  I got to go to the dentist once and wilderness challange and quest in two fucking years. No wonder you liked cedu YOU GOT TO DO THINGS. I didn't.  And no I wasn't a bad kid. I tried to fall through the cracks but then when you get indicted in a rap because you don't yell at people and "partcipate" then what does that say?  It was fucked up.  Perhaps Brown changed Cedu but I was still there when Mel owned it.
IT WAS A PRISON (and a cult) with less rights then a real prison that was my point and I said if I had done something to deserve to get thrown in prison then I would have deserved it but I didn't do anything to get thrown in there, just normal teenage stuff.  

I knew you would attack that.  Nice cedu tactics and all blowing things out of porportion.  Cedu taught you well.  

On 2006-01-12 12:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"B-O-O- H-O-O. Fuck you. Get over it. Maybe you didn't like CEDU because you had your head up your ass. Me, I kind of enjoyed my time in Idaho. I have more fond memories than shitty ones. Let's see here: Camping trips at least three times a year, skiing 4,5,6, times a winter, snowboarding trips, a kyaking trip, a trip to Yellowstone, a trip to D.C., more trips to Spokane than I can count, and probably more shit that I'm leaving out. I wasn't a dumbass at CEDU. I followed the rules and didn't get fucked with very much. I behaved and slipped through the cracks. I was the fucking poster child for christ's sake. I happen to think that CEDU only fucked with the kids who needed to be fucked with. It was just a boarding school with group therapy. So shut the fuck up already. You and everyone else who can't quit complaining about CEDU years after the fact.

And CEDU's abuses and inefficancies went only as far as they needed to. Hey guess what? CEDU is back! "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »
personally...I doubt the guy even attended CEDU...why you ask?...well...because people who went to school in Idaho NEVER referred to their school as CEDU...sure...CEDU was the parent corporation...but if you went to school there it was RMA or BCA or whatever other repackaged renamed garbage that it is. And frankly...kids did NOT get that many "cookies" as they were called as this guy is referring to...even the biggest "look goods" as they were called.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »
On 2006-01-12 18:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sounds like I should, huh?  Funny, I thought the same thing about you!

"

Well I'm glad you thought that. I'm about to take a drive and twist one up right now. Suck my balls.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »
Sorry man, but you're just plain wrong. True, I never referred to BCA as CEDU when I was there. But when I post on this site I refer to BCA as CEDU. Why? Just so as not to alienate "alumni" of the other schools. CEDU is one big piece of shit, so the bad shit that went down at BCA also went down at RMA, NWA, CEDU High, wherever. So if I want to call attention to something general like, say, the way we were treated in raps, I'd rather say "...at CEDU they fucked with our heads in raps" than "...at BCA they fucked with our heads in raps". Just so people who got their heads fucked with at RMA don't feel like "well what the fuck, it happened to us, too".

As for the "cookies", if you're referring to the ski trips and such, well, unfortunately you're wrong again (no offense). Again, I don't know what it was like back in the day. But in my time, I went on at least 12 ski trips, 5 larger trips, countless trips into town, shit I got my fuckin' drivers license while I was there. BCA was god damn cushy. Sure, they'd fuck with you, but bullshit them a little and they'd hook you up. For a little while at least...then they'd catch your game. By the time I was a challenge student, I was going into Sandpoint once a month with two of my buddies who were also in challenge, with absolutely no staff accompanying us. They'd just drop us off, hand us our money orders, and tell us to be back there in a few hours to get picked up. Calling bullshit on the "cookies"? I'd check into it a little first.

Also, I think that last example may help old school CEDU victims appreciate how lax the place got. Apparently they kept you on a tight leash, and I have been called a liar by you guys in the past when I mentioned the ease with which I snuck weed on campus. Well how hard is it to get a sack in a hippie town like Sandpoint and then stuff that shit in your boxers and waltz back onto campus like the "upstanding challenge student" I was. Ha!

Anyways, peace out homies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2006, 05:23:00 AM »
my apologies...I had heard that you guys were "getting away with murder" or so to say...but when I was at RMA things were COMPLETELY controlled.  The only knowledge of the outside world other than the dentist or a few cookies was that the space shuttle blew up...obviously things did change as you say but 20 years ago it was way harsher...and I consider myself one of the lucky fortunate ones. I was more of a pet and a lookgood but that was more to keep from building retaining walls out of large boulders.  If you looked at some of the walls around there and realized that they were built by ONE student it's really pretty mindblowing the Gulag style labor that fulltimers and work detailers went through.

Again my apologies and now I understand why you referred to it as Cedu.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »
If you looked at some of the walls around there and realized that they were built by ONE student it's really pretty mindblowing the Gulag style labor that fulltimers and work detailers went through

Ha ha. I still have pictures of me proudly posing in front of my retaining wall with my parents. That whole wall in the driveway that led up to the house. Took me 14 days to build that thing. And a fine fucking job I did of it, too. To add insult to injury, my full time was during a parent visit, so I got to watch all of the kids run up that driveway to meet their parents, while I worked on that wall. Secretly, that was fine by me. I got on the full time so I didn't have to see my parents to begin with. It was only a few months after I had been sent there and I was still pissed at them.