Author Topic: ever wonder how much these schools cost PER MONTH??  (Read 8669 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ever wonder how much these schools cost PER MONTH??
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »
I think the problem here is everyone wants to be validated for their experiences. We all have an opinion and experiences of that place and we are all right, at least in our own minds.

Cedu was a good experience and worked for some and for others it was terrible and made thier life worst.

If it worked for you great - your lucky.  If it didn't that really sucks and I'm right there with ya all.

I personally think that if you beat a dog down enough it will cower in the corner and eventually do what you tell it to do - so it won't be subject to further abuse. Then the dog will still follow you around because you feed it and if it does what you want it to do, it thinks that it won't be abused anymore and somewhere in there the dog finds a warped but loving bond.  A disturbing conditional love that isn't really love but a need for love and the dog takes what he can get, after all its all the dog ever knew.  <<< by the way I would never do that to any living soul.  Its just mean and not a good way of life.  But an simply an example.

By the way I personally viewed CEDU as a prison.  Prisoners had more rights that I did when I was there.  I would have loved to had solitary confinment and be lefted alone, recieved letters from all family AND friends, not have anyone confortationally yell at me, not having to do any manual labor, or be able to watch tv or go to the internet and find out what was going on in the outside and even get an actual educational degree there believe that or not but you actually can, so I have heard.  Sure being in prison would have bad times but a least you knew why you were there - you committed an actual crime - an entire jury also thought that was bad and you had to pay the price.  I didn't do anything to get thrown into cedu but my experience was worst then prison and I still have side effects and problems now because of cedu.  

That's my personal opinion, go ahead attack that because that is the pro-cedu way.  Oh by the way if you didn't comply that cedu was good while you were there, you did get punished.  But now we are all out and we can really think what our true thoughts and feelings are now.  We did our time and now it's okay to free your mind of that place.  It is okay to hate something that you personally didn't approve of and felt abused and just completely invaded by, after all people are entitled to thier own feelings.  

And if Cedu helped you out of a worst situation then great for you.  If you had fond memories and it was a postive experience than that's great, I just wish I felt elated by the experience - it just might have made life a little better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »
What redeeming qualities? If they practiced unethical, experimental "therapy", abusive and isolationist tactics, fraudulent academics, untrained fucked up staff, then why would you send your kid there? Good friendships, a few sincerely caring staff and a few good memories don't justify the bullshit.

Just because you left CEDU and didn't royally fuck yourself, it doesn't necessarily mean that place employed sound practices. Maybe you simply grew up. Maybe they cowed you into compliance. Maybe you were never really fucked up to begin with.

The list of grievances are corroborated, specific and long.  I'm not talking about an attitude of "CEDU sucks because I can't screw, smoke, or slag off" but completely COMPLETELY unethical practices. Out and out misrepresentation of therapy, academics, and accreditation, along with isolation, coersion, and heavy handed manipulation, as well as rampant, persistent verbal/psychological  abuse.

So what SPECIFIC tools/therapeutic technique merits trusting your child to that place?  Just call it what it is. A GROUP home that allows you to subsist at elementary academic level and promotes heavy doses of screaming and accusing as therapy, along with mind bending, highly contrived experentials where you better fucking go by the script already written.  

Again, I am NOT attacking good hikes, good friends, a few good staff (who were fucking raked over), and the Neil Diamond weekend marathon.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2006, 02:30:00 AM »
arguing with yourself... thats sad dude

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
On 2006-01-11 20:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  

By the way I personally viewed CEDU as a prison.  Prisoners had more rights that I did when I was there.  I would have loved to had solitary confinment and be lefted alone, recieved letters from all family AND friends, not have anyone confortationally yell at me, not having to do any manual labor, or be able to watch tv or go to the internet and find out what was going on in the outside and even get an actual educational degree there believe that or not but you actually can, so I have heard.  Sure being in prison would have bad times but a least you knew why you were there - you committed an actual crime - an entire jury also thought that was bad and you had to pay the price."

I have to think that is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Would you rather have gone to prison than CEDU? Have you ever been to prison? It's not a good place. CEDU is like fucking heaven compared to prison. So don't go lecturing me about how prison is SOOOOOO much better than CEDU, you fucking dumbass.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »
No, he probably would prefer prison. It's more socially acceptable there to get fucked in the ass. Enjoy!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
whatever that means.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »
Obviously you're a bit slow.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »
CEDU was no prison. Quit your fucking whining! "ooohhhh Mommy, the staff yell at me. They tell me that snorting cocaine at my age is a bad thing. Please take me home so I can keep fucking random boys and die from AIDS."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
On 2006-01-12 10:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"CEDU was no prison. Quit your fucking whining! "ooohhhh Mommy, the staff yell at me. They tell me that snorting cocaine at my age is a bad thing. Please take me home so I can keep fucking random boys and die from AIDS." "

I'm not the one who compared CEDU to prison, but fuck you for continuing to treat CEDU's abuses and inefficacies as a mere case of whining. God I hope you have no children.

What an ass you are! Do you know how many people had very traumatic experiences at CEDU and were not Sluts on Drugs.  Maybe their parents were spoiled assholes who hired CEDU to do the job they couldn't do, only to pay hand over fist to a very fucked up babysitter. But even if every child at CEDU were coked out of their minds, it DOES NOT excuse psychological abuse. There is a difference between CEDU and firmness, accountability, support without enabling, and building self esteem to make better choices. CEDU offers none of the latter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »
B-O-O- H-O-O. Fuck you. Get over it. Maybe you didn't like CEDU because you had your head up your ass. Me, I kind of enjoyed my time in Idaho. I have more fond memories than shitty ones. Let's see here: Camping trips at least three times a year, skiing 4,5,6, times a winter, snowboarding trips, a kyaking trip, a trip to Yellowstone, a trip to D.C., more trips to Spokane than I can count, and probably more shit that I'm leaving out. I wasn't a dumbass at CEDU. I followed the rules and didn't get fucked with very much. I behaved and slipped through the cracks. I was the fucking poster child for christ's sake. I happen to think that CEDU only fucked with the kids who needed to be fucked with. It was just a boarding school with group therapy. So shut the fuck up already. You and everyone else who can't quit complaining about CEDU years after the fact.

And CEDU's abuses and inefficancies went only as far as they needed to. Hey guess what? CEDU is back!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »
Oh wait, I rememberd a few trips: A shakespere festival in Oregon, a trip to Denver, a whitewater rafting trip down the Colorado River at the Grand Canyon, a fly fishing trip, a palentology trip in the Badlands of Montana. Shit the list goes on and on. Maybe you had the wrong approach?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »
On 2006-01-12 11:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-12 10:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"CEDU was no prison. Quit your fucking whining! "ooohhhh Mommy, the staff yell at me. They tell me that snorting cocaine at my age is a bad thing. Please take me home so I can keep fucking random boys and die from AIDS." "

I'm not the one who compared CEDU to prison, but fuck you for continuing to treat CEDU's abuses and inefficacies as a mere case of whining. God I hope you have no children.

What an ass you are! Do you know how many people had very traumatic experiences at CEDU and were not Sluts on Drugs.  Maybe their parents were spoiled assholes who hired CEDU to do the job they couldn't do, only to pay hand over fist to a very fucked up babysitter. But even if every child at CEDU were coked out of their minds, it DOES NOT excuse psychological abuse. There is a difference between CEDU and firmness, accountability, support without enabling, and building self esteem to make better choices. CEDU offers none of the latter.  "

Or maybe you were a coked up little slut and definitely needed to be sent to CEDU. That gets my vote. Yeah, your parents had to hire someone to do the job they couldn't do. So fuck the parents. But fuck you too for being a little shit and thinking that it's ok to be out snorting coke off some guy's dick in a basement somewhere. Believe me, if I have a kid who turns out like that, his ass is getting shipped off in a heartbeat. Because he/she'll deserve it, JUST LIKE YOU DID.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »
On 2006-01-12 12:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"B-O-O- H-O-O. Fuck you. Get over it. Maybe you didn't like CEDU because you had your head up your ass. Me, I kind of enjoyed my time in Idaho. I have more fond memories than shitty ones. Let's see here: Camping trips at least three times a year, skiing 4,5,6, times a winter, snowboarding trips, a kyaking trip, a trip to Yellowstone, a trip to D.C., more trips to Spokane than I can count, and probably more shit that I'm leaving out. I wasn't a dumbass at CEDU. I followed the rules and didn't get fucked with very much. I behaved and slipped through the cracks. I was the fucking poster child for christ's sake. I happen to think that CEDU only fucked with the kids who needed to be fucked with. It was just a boarding school with group therapy. So shut the fuck up already. You and everyone else who can't quit complaining about CEDU years after the fact.

And CEDU's abuses and inefficancies went only as far as they needed to. Hey guess what? CEDU is back! "

So I just ripped on the person you were responding to, but then I read your post, and I think I want you to be ripped on as well (once again proving that CEDU is not black and white - it's one big grey area). You had a good time at CEDU because you got to go camping 3 times a year? Or snowboarding 5 times a winter? OR TO SPOKANE AS MUCH AS YOU WANTED?? Dude, your life must have SUCKED at home. Pathetic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »
Or maybe you were a coked up little slut and definitely needed to be sent to CEDU. That gets my vote. Yeah, your parents had to hire someone to do the job they couldn't do. So fuck the parents. But fuck you too for being a little shit and thinking that it's ok to be out snorting coke off some guy's dick in a basement somewhere. Believe me, if I have a kid who turns out like that, his ass is getting shipped off in a heartbeat. Because he/she'll deserve it, JUST LIKE YOU DID. "
[/quote]

Hmmm. Interesting. Someone raises legitimiate specific concerns about CEDU, and they are automatically described as druggy sluts. Sounds like CEDU taught you well.  I wonder if your Momma would reevaluate the benefits of CEDU after reading your pathetic characterization of any woman who raises valid issues.  I think you WISH we were all coke crazy cock sucking whores--that's the only way you could get some. That and a wad of cash.

Whatever.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »
Oh wow, you sure read me like a book. You betcha, that's exactly what I look for in my women. I love 'em dirty, straight off the streets, and bleedin' from the nose. Fact of the matter is, I remember CEDU all to well. It was just one big revolving door for coked up little sluts. They would come in, CEDU would "change them", but sure enough, 5 years later, I hear most of 'em are back to being coked up little sluts. And seeing as how that struck a nerve with you, I have no choice but to believe that I am right on in your case. Bitch.