Author Topic: Yet Another Observation  (Read 13001 times)

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »
Your point is?????????

Get a spine and post your name!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

Offline thebaker

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »
Whom, spelling?  By the way hun, I never said I was PC,  I am pretty much prejudice against everyone.  You, however, were complaining about what originally?

Offline Troubled Turd

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »
Both o' y'all need t' git over it n' start likkin' each other's pussies alreddy! :flame:

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »
No Thanks. Her shit is probably diseased and stinks.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Troubled Turd

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »
Well allright, then! :tup:

And Baker, git that snatch o' yores cleened up fer some lesbian likkin'!   :lol:

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »
Typical druggie pattern--first it's sniffing nail polish remover, then it's dabbling in unnatural affections.  Don't worry girls, there's room for you on the front row of the Girl's Side in the new, improved, all-ages Straight, Inc. v2.0!  And Turd, if I ever catch you instigating these Sapphic sin sessions again, it's a demotion to Jr. Staff for you! Love ya!
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »
I dont think you should defend yourself Krystene, if you are going to turn around and spew at someone exactly that which you proclaim to be defending yourself against.  Its kind of sad.  I read what you say, and I could care less if you were black, white, or blue.....please dont proclaim ignorance upon others and then exhibit your own.  

It can hurt to be discriminated against, that indeed is the whole point here.  I think that Lezli was just trying to explain a scenario in which she made automatic judgements and responses to people given their skin color.....and subsequently how she recongnized it.  It doesnt make it right, but it does happen...and until people can be honest with themselves in situations just like this, then they will never take the first step toward losing the distinction.

If you were truly any better than you are painting Lezli to be, then you would have never even considered stooping to her level, such as you see it.

I am married, not Buried !
-- Steve Webb

...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Troubled Turd

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »
And Turd, if I ever catch you instigating these Sapphic sin sessions again, it's a demotion to Jr. Staff for you! Love ya!

:scared:  :rofl:

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
I could really care less about you sounding so self righteous and I don't need your advice. Unless you are in my position you have no idea how much this shit makes my blood boil. No, I'm not going to just sit here and listen to bullshit like this, especially since this is not the first time I have had racial shit said to me on this board. I'm really sick of it. Even worse people around here are always complaining about how abusive Straight was, how all of us need to stop the injustices, and yet turn around and say some really dumb and sick shit to each other. Yup, I said some pretty sick stuff too in my own defense because I am really sick and tired of the shit. I find it amazing that people are still thinking dumb shit like this. It makes me be even less trusting of people and I always have to wonder in the back of my mind do some people really think this way like the stuff people say on this board. I am pretty disgusted as well that people could just sit here and let this type of shit be said.

Someone from my program is a member here that hasn't posted here in a long time and imagine how he would feel coming here and reading all this stupid racial shit. A place where the survivors of Straight are supposed to be able to come for support, not be torn down because of being black or having mixed kids, or dating other races.

At this point it makes no difference what I have said. When someone says some real sick shit I'm not going to just not say anything about it. Sure I could have put in some peaceful quote or kept my calm, but why even bother at this point. Some asshole would have still talked shit.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »
You really should learn the difference between racism and just plain intolerance. I?m far from being a racist, in fact, my best girlfriend happens to be black. This however did not suddenly make me feel the need to become a ?wigger,? I?m just not tolerant of disrespectful, rude, abusive, manipulative opportunists who think they can take advantage of people and never have to suffer the consequences of that kind of unexpanded comprehension. It?s not about skin color. I used the term ?tar babies? to prove a point. You?re upset about a word, but have no idea how to decipher between aimless hate, and intolerant anger.  Take out my choice of words and replace it with ?little brats? instead.  Am I a horrible person for thinking that the little fuckers were brats? No, because grown-ups get really irritated when other grown-ups don?t keep their children from destroying things, especially when asking for a favor.. It?s a low class choice in parenting known as NEGLECTFUL. Stop getting tripped up in your impulsive response system, and learn how to comprehend the reasons why you act and react the way that you do.

What I wrote were my thoughts, not my actions. Thoughts that I admittedly felt somewhat bad for even thinking. It?s like pulling Tom Sawyer down from the library shelf and screaming, ?Mark Twain, racist!!? You have no basis for your attacks. Nothing in this thread was directed at you personally, you just followed a knee jerk reaction that you obviously did not think all the way through. Either that, or are simply incapable of doing so. Take the power away from arbitrary words, and then they?ll have no impact. Call me a cracker, see if I care. Black people have adopted the word ?nigger? as a term of endearment. I should be able to write and think what ever I want to. My actions will never be actions motivated by hate and ignorance, and that?s the difference.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'> Mark Twain

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »
Day-um!!!  I swear on the last 12 pack in 7 Eleven as the hurricane approaches, that was the best damn post you have ever written so far Lezli.
My post really just started out from having a really shitty day and waking up with muscle cramps at 1 o'clock in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep.  I let my anger and tiredness take over and I just came to the board to vent.  I was thinking about quitting my job over all the b.s. that was going on, and the more I thought about it, the madder I got.  I never intended for it to become an epic.  On the other hand I felt as if I were running out of steam because I had pretty much gotten Straight off my chest awhile back.  I guess I have reached a second stage now.  I think I will be writing more in the here and now from now on and in the spirit of "keeping with the group" I will try to write about stuff that everyone can relate to PEACEABLY.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »
Oh, so it's okay you think this way, eh? You didn't appear to feel very bad for saying the things you did Lezli. Please save the tired cliche of how you have a "black" friend. Just because you are not overt with your bullshit doesn't make it any better.

You really need to get a clue about shit Lezli and think about how you would feel if the situation were reversed. I know plenty of chicks that would have kicked someone's ass for saying that racial shit you did in front of them. It's pretty inflammatory speech. I know all to well what intolerance means Lezli and I can tell you I have no tolerance for dumb self righteous bitches like you. Oh, boo hoo I'm so hurt someone is going to retort back that I'm spewing back ignorance.

I hope the bad asssed mixed kids took a good piss in that oh so special flower bed of yours bitch.[ This Message was edited by: krystene on 2004-08-28 16:22 ]

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »
What I had a problem with is that you seem to attribute a person's characteristics to skin color. Sure you may work with some people you find undesirable, but what does it have to do with race. The racial comments you made are very hurtful.

If you hate people for whatever reason so be it, just be true and real with your actions. It really sickens me when people like Lezli will lend a "Helping hand" to someone only to turn around and say mean things about the person. If I have a problem with someone I'm not going to be going out of my way being "nice". See, Lezli wasn't brave enough to really tell the white chick with mixed kids how she felt. Just little passive aggresive bullshit. Oh and Lezli believe me I have no problem with letting someone know they have a bad ass kid and I'm not going to sugar coat things and then turn around and say some even worse shit. To me people like you are way worse than Jerk. You are fake.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Yet Another Observation
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »
Actually Krystene, I did say something to her. I said, "You're here for less than a half an hour and your kids trash everything around my house" then I walked back inside with my phone shaking my head in disgust. She said nothing, but I?m sure she got the impression that I was less than pleased.  

What is this new loyalty? It is, above all, conformity. It is the uncritical and unquestioning acceptance of America as it is. It rejects inquiry into the race question or socialized medicine or public housing, regards as heinous any challenge to what is called the system of private enterprise, identifying that system with Americanism. It abandons evolution, repudiates the once popular concept of progress, and regards America as a finished product, perfect and complete. The concept of loyalty as conformity is a false one. It is narrow and restrictive, denies freedom of thought and conscience... What do men know of loyalty who make a mockery of the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights?
http://www.harvardsquarelibrary.org/unitarians/commager.html' target='_new'>Henry Steele Commager, 1947