Author Topic: Changes  (Read 1534 times)

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
Changes
« on: August 15, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »
does any one have any ideas to get this forum back to how it was to begin with?

None of Nature's landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.
-- John Muir

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Changes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »
I don't know if that's possible. But I'll give you my best advice.

First, I think the reason why there's been so much devisive and hostile content lately is that something ya'll are doing is making some others very uncomfortable. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

You can communicate privately. That won't improve the forum one bit and I hope that if you decide to do that ya'll will, at least occasionally, drop something good on us. But that's about the only way to have the level of discussion you were having and to keep the rifraf out.

You could just ignore the trolls. Just don't respond. Don't let anyone draw you into a discussion you don't want to have.

If it's fun for you, vindicating, worth your trouble for whatever reasons (and it often is for me :wink: ) argue w/ them. Program logic is like dream logic. It just doesn't stand up unless the Program proponants have some sort of coercive power over thoes who would challenge their views. Bear in mind that you probably won't ever change the mind of a true believer. Zealots are like that. But you can have some fun among yourselves dicing them up intellectually if you're into that sort of thing. If you're not, just ignore the trolls.

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679737898/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>P. J. O'Rourke

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes