Author Topic: VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA  (Read 113439 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
VCA -87-88
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2007, 04:44:47 PM »
I was known as Rebekah Mooney @ the time of my stay @ VCA.  I think the dates were 87-88 in Ramona, CA.  My buddy's name was Monique and I remember she was a diabetic.  I woke up this morning and remembered just the NAME of Victory Christian Acadamy...I have not been able to remember the name for years.  I dont remember names, etc.. I DO remember not being able to go to the restroom in the AM and having to kneel on the floor and pray before we were even allowed to STAND in line for the bathroom.  I urinated in my pants PLENTY of times.  That affected my whole being...I was traumatized by that!!!  I remember the minister (if that's what you want to call it) having sermons (if that's what you want to call them) on the lambs and the sheep.  I was sickened by the way every girl was "saved" because they were so scared to do anything else.   I DO remember the minister having these big beaty eyes, and bad teeth.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Bluraygun

• View Profile
VCA 1987 - 1988
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »
Hi Smileicious - who is this?  We were obviously there at the same time (VCA 87 - 88).  This is Dana Palmer.  Amy Greason and I are still best friends and are always looking to get in touch with others.  

Hi Rebekah - your buddies name was Monique Pattynama, we were friends for awhile after Victory but lost touch.  How are you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
VCA
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2007, 10:30:38 AM »
i WAS AT VCA AROUND 89.  JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS WEBSITE... IS THERE A YAHOO GROUP???

LYNDIE TIMMS,CHRISTINA DRUEHL ARE TWO OF THE GIRLS WHO WERE THERE WHEN IWAS THERE..I REMEMBER MANY GIRLS BUT THEIR NAMES HAVE SLIPPED MY MIND AT THE MOMENT. YESENIA WAS ON STAFF FOR A SHORT PERIOD WHILE I WAS THERE. TERRIBLE MEMORIES FROM A TERRIBLE PLACE...BRO. PALMER WAS SUCH A PERV!! ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATES ON EVERYTHING..YOU KNOW STAFF, FORMER STUDENTS..ETC

I SEE MISS VIRGINIA HAS A BAND....INTERESTING...A CHRISTIAN ONE AT THAT....INTERESTING.

I REALLY WANT TO FIND SOME GIRLS WHO REMAINED IN MY HEART AND ON MY MIND TO THIS DAY. ALTHOUGH I HAVE BECOME VERY SUCCESSFUL , IT WAS NOT WITHOUT MANY YEARS OF COMING TO TERMS WITH THINGS THAT HAPPENED DURING MY 18 MOS. AT VCA. IT TOOK ME ALONG TIME TO LEARN TO TRUST SOMEONE WHO WAS SMILING AT ME. TO BE HONEST, I STILL TRUST ANYONE BUT I AM OK WIHT THAT NOW..AND IT HAS SERVED ME WELL IN MY CAREER , BUT SADLY..TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO REALIZE MY ISSUE AND DEAL WITH IT IN MY PERSONAL LIFE......MANY HURT AND PAINFUL YEARS....BUT TIME  HEALS MANY THINGS AND IT HAS HEALED ME.

I KNOW NOW WHAT A REAL CHRISTIAN IS...AND THIS PLACE WAS OF THE DEVIL. EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT "ABUSIVE"..LOOKED THE OTHER WAY AND ALLOWED LITTLE GIRLS TO BE ABUSED AND PREYED UPON...THAT IN ITSELF IS ABUSE AND AT THE VERY LEAST "INHUMANE".....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
VCA
« Reply #348 on: October 31, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »
I am a Rebekah girl myself, but VCA is connected to Roloff, and I believe they do have a Yahoo group, but I am not sure.  I run a support and healing group for survivors of abusive programs on yahoo groups, but we dont have anyone from VCA yet.  I don't know too much about the school even, but if you ever just want to vent, we would welcome you in our group.  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/He ... ePrograms/

Lorri

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
VCA yahoo group
« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Im so sorry~
« Reply #350 on: December 16, 2007, 12:56:07 PM »
Vanessa, I am so sorry for your experience at VCA. I too went to VCA. I am horrified by the things Ive read online about VCA. I however know most are completely unfounded and fabricated. Did I like my stay at VCA? NO! Do I look back w/ a fond eye? NO! It wasnt supposed to be a place we liked. It was meant to be a place of reconditioning. A chance for us to be plucked out of our drug,over-sexed,provocative ways.. and give us a chance to dust off and redirect our feet. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to look back on my short life up until then and see just how many bad choices I was making and the empty feeling they all gave me. I decided to let the Lord take charge.  After leaving... things were bumpy and I didnt always keep my eyes focused on Christ. BIG MISTAKE! His grace was sufficient and after meeting my NOW husband we have three beautiful kids, Home, good memories and a great church we belong to. I love you as a friend and I dont even know you! Just know God loves you so much more... and is always there for you. If you want to turn to anyone.. TURN TO HIM!!! Jocelyn

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA
« Reply #351 on: December 16, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »
There is no God.

VCA was the proof.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Re: Im so sorry~
« Reply #352 on: December 16, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »
You've got to be fucking kidding me.  

Quote from: ""PraiseGod!""
Vanessa, I am so sorry for your experience at VCA. I too went to VCA. I am horrified by the things Ive read online about VCA. I however know most are completely unfounded and fabricated. Did I like my stay at VCA? NO! Do I look back w/ a fond eye? NO! It wasnt supposed to be a place we liked. It was meant to be a place of reconditioning. A chance for us to be plucked out of our drug,over-sexed,provocative ways.. and give us a chance to dust off and redirect our feet. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to look back on my short life up until then and see just how many bad choices I was making and the empty feeling they all gave me. I decided to let the Lord take charge.  After leaving... things were bumpy and I didnt always keep my eyes focused on Christ. BIG MISTAKE! His grace was sufficient and after meeting my NOW husband we have three beautiful kids, Home, good memories and a great church we belong to. I love you as a friend and I dont even know you! Just know God loves you so much more... and is always there for you. If you want to turn to anyone.. TURN TO HIM!!! Jocelyn
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA
« Reply #353 on: September 03, 2008, 01:13:47 AM »
My name is Trisha Vasquez I attended VCA from 1988 to1990 I was sent there 2 months after my father died and my mom tried to put me in three different homes but they told her i was suffering form depression and she needed to seek a different kind of help. My mother found VCA and i was sent there without her even visiting the school first. Some of you may remember me I had a very hard time with a eating disorder, i could'nt eat much it got so bad I starting vomiting every time I ate I use to see some of the girls stare and thought i was acting out or rebelling. staff members resorted to cutting a inch of my hair off every time i did'nt finish within their time limit then took all my belonging as was only allowed to wear dorm clothes. when that did'nt work they would put my meals in a blender and tell me to drink it. if I could'nt finish in time I was layed on the floor and held down while staff put a funnel down my throat and poured my delicious meal forcfully down my throat. I spent at least 18 months in the GR ROOM out of 2 years. the rest of the time I was in the corner writting I WILL EAT ON TIME.. One good thing did come out of it I learned the Lord but that is the only good thing that came from it my mother could never own up to it nor will she listen when i tried to tell her about things that went on there, it was all in my head, I am so happy to learn I wasn't the only one....   I have four wonderful children and and they are the only bliss in my life... If anyone remembers me or would like to share or just vent about VCA feel free to email @  [email protected] and for all of you defending VCA you were lucky to not have experienced things other girls in real need of help experienced.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: VCA
« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »
Quote from: "ANGELA"
i WAS AT VCA AROUND 89.  JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS WEBSITE... IS THERE A YAHOO GROUP???

LYNDIE TIMMS,CHRISTINA DRUEHL ARE TWO OF THE GIRLS WHO WERE THERE WHEN IWAS THERE..I REMEMBER MANY GIRLS BUT THEIR NAMES HAVE SLIPPED MY MIND AT THE MOMENT. YESENIA WAS ON STAFF FOR A SHORT PERIOD WHILE I WAS THERE. TERRIBLE MEMORIES FROM A TERRIBLE PLACE...BRO. PALMER WAS SUCH A PERV!! ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATES ON EVERYTHING..YOU KNOW STAFF, FORMER STUDENTS..ETC

I SEE MISS VIRGINIA HAS A BAND....INTERESTING...A CHRISTIAN ONE AT THAT....INTERESTING.

I REALLY WANT TO FIND SOME GIRLS WHO REMAINED IN MY HEART AND ON MY MIND TO THIS DAY. ALTHOUGH I HAVE BECOME VERY SUCCESSFUL , IT WAS NOT WITHOUT MANY YEARS OF COMING TO TERMS WITH THINGS THAT HAPPENED DURING MY 18 MOS. AT VCA. IT TOOK ME ALONG TIME TO LEARN TO TRUST SOMEONE WHO WAS SMILING AT ME. TO BE HONEST, I STILL TRUST ANYONE BUT I AM OK WIHT THAT NOW..AND IT HAS SERVED ME WELL IN MY CAREER , BUT SADLY..TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO REALIZE MY ISSUE AND DEAL WITH IT IN MY PERSONAL LIFE......MANY HURT AND PAINFUL YEARS....BUT TIME  HEALS MANY THINGS AND IT HAS HEALED ME.

I KNOW NOW WHAT A REAL CHRISTIAN IS...AND THIS PLACE WAS OF THE DEVIL. EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT "ABUSIVE"..LOOKED THE OTHER WAY AND ALLOWED LITTLE GIRLS TO BE ABUSED AND PREYED UPON...THAT IN ITSELF IS ABUSE AND AT THE VERY LEAST "INHUMANE".....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: VCA -87-88
« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2008, 02:48:32 PM »
Quote from: "rnbecca"
I was known as Rebekah Mooney @ the time of my stay @ VCA.  I think the dates were 87-88 in Ramona, CA.  My buddy's name was Monique and I remember she was a diabetic.  I woke up this morning and remembered just the NAME of Victory Christian Acadamy...I have not been able to remember the name for years.  I dont remember names, etc.. I DO remember not being able to go to the restroom in the AM and having to kneel on the floor and pray before we were even allowed to STAND in line for the bathroom.  I urinated in my pants PLENTY of times.  That affected my whole being...I was traumatized by that!!!  I remember the minister (if that's what you want to call it) having sermons (if that's what you want to call them) on the lambs and the sheep.  I was sickened by the way every girl was "saved" because they were so scared to do anything else.   I DO remember the minister having these big beaty eyes, and bad teeth.

Hello my name is trisha I was at VCA from 88-90 in ramona

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: VCA 1987 - 1988
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »
Quote from: "Bluraygun"
Hi Smileicious - who is this?  We were obviously there at the same time (VCA 87 - 88).  This is Dana Palmer.  Amy Greason and I are still best friends and are always looking to get in touch with others.  

Hi Rebekah - your buddies name was Monique Pattynama, we were friends for awhile after Victory but lost touch.  How are you?

Hi I was at VCA in 88-90, my name is trisha..(looking for others)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2008, 10:16:26 AM »
by seriously scarred on September 03, 2008, 05:13:47

It takes a great deal of effort to describe the mistreatment you suffered.  Thank you for having the courage to do so.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 17, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »
Is this school affiliated with Lighthouse girls home in Mississippi??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 18, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »
At their webpage they claim that the girl must willing ask for entering the facility. Is that true? It is certainly not the case with several of ther other homes.

Also:

What are the consequences used at  the facility? Corporal, isolation or bizarre chores?

Do they have level systems?

How about communication with parents, extended family and friends?

Is it the ACE curriculum used there?

Has Larry Neff worked at one of the other Roloff homes or was his childhood boarding school in Franklin ran by a Roloff spin-off?

In order to deserve a place on Fornits Wiki, these questions must be answers.