Author Topic: VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA  (Read 113462 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA
« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2008, 12:44:29 AM »
At their webpage they claim that the girl must willing ask for entering the facility. Is that true? It is certainly not the case with several of ther other homes.

Also:

What are the consequences used at  the facility? Corporal, isolation or bizarre chores?

Do they have level systems?

How about communication with parents, extended family and friends?

Is it the ACE curriculum used there?

Has Larry Neff worked at one of the other Roloff homes or was his childhood boarding school in Franklin ran by a Roloff spin-off?

In order to deserve a place on Fornits Wiki, these questions must be answers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2008, 11:40:42 PM »
I remember you vaguely rebekah mooney. if i brought all of my pictures out im sure i would recognize you. angela....angela bennett?? there are so many that i think about and wonder how their doing.
michelle hearn

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 18, 2008, 07:45:16 PM »
I would like to chat with anyone who was at the VCA in jay florida and any information about MIchael Palmer. Thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 18, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
my email is [email protected]- need inf on VCA and Michael Palmer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 06, 2009, 03:45:10 AM »
Hi everyone, I am not sure if people are still using this post. my name is Jodi and I went to Victory around 1989. I recognized a few names on here. If you would like to email me my email is [email protected]
I am about 5'9 american indian, brown hair brown eyes. If anyone remembers me I would love to hear from you.

Jodi

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: VCA
« Reply #365 on: April 22, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »
Quote from: "ANGELA"
i WAS AT VCA AROUND 89.  JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS WEBSITE... IS THERE A YAHOO GROUP???

LYNDIE TIMMS,CHRISTINA DRUEHL ARE TWO OF THE GIRLS WHO WERE THERE WHEN IWAS THERE..I REMEMBER MANY GIRLS BUT THEIR NAMES HAVE SLIPPED MY MIND AT THE MOMENT. YESENIA WAS ON STAFF FOR A SHORT PERIOD WHILE I WAS THERE. TERRIBLE MEMORIES FROM A TERRIBLE PLACE...BRO. PALMER WAS SUCH A PERV!! ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATES ON EVERYTHING..YOU KNOW STAFF, FORMER STUDENTS..ETC

I SEE MISS VIRGINIA HAS A BAND....INTERESTING...A CHRISTIAN ONE AT THAT....INTERESTING.

I REALLY WANT TO FIND SOME GIRLS WHO REMAINED IN MY HEART AND ON MY MIND TO THIS DAY. ALTHOUGH I HAVE BECOME VERY SUCCESSFUL , IT WAS NOT WITHOUT MANY YEARS OF COMING TO TERMS WITH THINGS THAT HAPPENED DURING MY 18 MOS. AT VCA. IT TOOK ME ALONG TIME TO LEARN TO TRUST SOMEONE WHO WAS SMILING AT ME. TO BE HONEST, I STILL TRUST ANYONE BUT I AM OK WIHT THAT NOW..AND IT HAS SERVED ME WELL IN MY CAREER , BUT SADLY..TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO REALIZE MY ISSUE AND DEAL WITH IT IN MY PERSONAL LIFE......MANY HURT AND PAINFUL YEARS....BUT TIME  HEALS MANY THINGS AND IT HAS HEALED ME.

I KNOW NOW WHAT A REAL CHRISTIAN IS...AND THIS PLACE WAS OF THE DEVIL. EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT "ABUSIVE"..LOOKED THE OTHER WAY AND ALLOWED LITTLE GIRLS TO BE ABUSED AND PREYED UPON...THAT IN ITSELF IS ABUSE AND AT THE VERY LEAST "INHUMANE".....

Angela,
I believe I was there the same time as you. My name is Jodi and I was there from 89-90 I am a part of the Yahoo groups Victory Christian Academy. email me [email protected]

Offline searchingforanswers

• View Profile
Re: VCA 1987 - 1988
« Reply #366 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »
Quote from: "Bluraygun"
Hi Smileicious - who is this?  We were obviously there at the same time (VCA 87 - 88).  This is Dana Palmer.  Amy Greason and I are still best friends and are always looking to get in touch with others.  

Hi Rebekah - your buddies name was Monique Pattynama, we were friends for awhile after Victory but lost touch.  How are you?
hi my name is kimberly williams i was there whene carrie died and i spent most my time in the get right room with christina drule and alison i am so interested in talking with others email me or call me [email protected] or 9098068319

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:59 AM »
Hi Smileicious - who is this?  We were obviously there at the same time (VCA 87 - 88).  This is Dana Palmer.  Amy Greason and I are still best friends and are always looking to get in touch with others.  

Hi Rebekah - your buddies name was Monique Pattynama, we were friends for awhile after Victory but lost touch.  How are you?
hi my name is kimberly williams i was there whene carrie died and i spent most my time in the get right room with christina drule and alison i am so interested in talking with others email me or call me [email protected] or 9098068319

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:59 AM »

Offline luckysocks07

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 16, 2011, 11:38:02 PM »
Yes, I know quite a bit about this school, as I "worked" on staff there for 3 months. Before you go off cussing at me, please hear me out when I say this was the absolute worst experience of my life, and I agree.... Palmer and his wife BOTH belong in jail for all the harmful lies and child abuse that went on there. I myself never took part in med calls or the GR room, but they do indeed exist. I was a college student who went to work at the Jay, FL after graduation. Betty Brown bragged to me once about how she paddled a girl and made her eat a bar of soap for her disrespect.
 And yes...you could get into trouble for everything. I felt bad for the girls, and when I was a dorm mother, I would let them get away with a lot, and got into trouble ALL of the time for it. The staff there hated me for that reason, watched me like a hawk, and even refused to let me (yes, I was on STAFF!) paint my toenails, wear my own clothes, and listen to music from my church. My first day there, Mrs P told me that my green toe polish and jewelry was "sinful" and needed to be removed ASAP. I asked her where it said that was a sin in the Bible, and she looked shocked. If I remember correctly, she mumbled something about my parents not teaching me respect (like she knows what kind of home I was raised in) and then told me I have a lot to learn about the rules.
 And that's not all! When I was there, two girls in my dorm made up this ridiculous lie that I tried to look up a girl's skirt, and another girl said I touched her inappropriately. Now all of the other girls in the dorm were there when this supposedly happened, and it was obvious the girls concocted this story to get out that prison , or to earn brownie points with staff or something.
 However, I took this very seriously, since I had squeaky clean background checks done on me prior to working here, and even had a gov. security clearance. I was very concerned about these nonsensical allegations being put onto my record. All of this trouble took place shortly after the torrid affair that happened between Amber and a guy on staff. (I think it was Palmer's son???) I'm guessing the girls were trying to take advantage of the chaos, since Palmer and his wife left town to take a "vacation" home to Iowa, and left his daughter in charge. His daughter called me into the office, and started accusing me of being a pervert, and lying. I tried to defend myself, and asked her where her proof was of this. She dismissed me, and told me to wait until Palmer and his wife returned.
 I won't bother you with all of the specifics here, but Palmer came home early, accused me of being a slut, whore, pervert, and playing with "little girl's bra straps", and I was told to get off the property immediately before he called the police. I told him that I would leave, but if he ever tried to press charges, I would hire a lawyer, sue the pants off of him,and win. Thus ended my lovely time at VCA.
 Oh, did I mention I had a "friend" working there with me at the time? She is actually the one that introduced me to the school. She told me she used to be a student there, and it was a great place. I had only gone a few times before working there to do Bible studies on Saturday with the girls. Everyone was fairly nice to us then, so figured it wasn't a bad place, and they were only strict because the girls were troublemakers. I now know firsthand that wasn't the case at all.
 Not sure where my friend is now, but I was told she went back to our alma mater (our college) and works on staff there now. Maybe she finally saw these people for who they really are... horrible human beings running a cult.
 And girls...I am so extremely sorry for any suffering or abuse you experienced under these people. I promise you...God really is love, and the true Jesus would want nothing to do with this place either.

Offline AndreaHeintz

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 19, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »
Stumbling across this was enlightening. I attended Victory Christian Academy from August 2001- Feb 2002 when i was 15. What a nightmare. My life was forever changed and i still deal with the challenges of trying to live a normal life and fitting back in to soceity. I don't feel as though i belong because of being torn out of the "real world" and left in a facility where we weren't allowed to talk about what was going on. I'm 25 now, divorced, with 2 kids and i live a good life. My relationship with my parents is good now but the second I dwell on the "Victory Days" i hate them all over again..
I suppressed most of the feelings i've had about this place and my stay there because this is what we were taught. We werent allowed to talk about problems, the past, our fears, and our pain. How on Earth is this supposed to help us be healthy adults? I'm JUST NOW (10 years later) going to get some counseling because i know there's a lot of emotions deep inside that i have hidden. No one really understands what we've dealt with in our lives except the other girls who attended. You can't really explain it to anyone because you cant remember most of it. I remember bits and pieces but cant remember people's names. I know i was a dorm helper towards the end because i learned how to fake it and game the system. I came home after 6 months and wasnt even sure if i wanted to stay home because i was so brainwashed into thinking anything but christian hymns, the Bible, and their rules was ungodly and i would suffer death and go to hell. A 16 year old girl has enough problems without having to deal with these "cult thoughts". I blocked this out for so long that i have forgotten so much! I wish i knew the names of the girls who touched my heart and who made my stay there doable. I am forever grateful of the few sincere girls there and some who's homelife made my heart literally ache.
I can't express enough how emotionally devastating it is to spend a holiday without your family at that age. I was there for 9-11 and couldnt experience the full effect of what our nation went through as a whole and i will never entirely "get it". No one can really understand what its like to not talk or be on "silence" for 30 days, write 1200 lines, or be unable to go outside for 3 months unless they've lived it. I dont know ANYONE who has gone to a "reform school" and now that i know the feelings of insecurity, anxeity, and not be good enough are common side effects of being here i feel less alone. Thank you all for commenting and sharing your experiences. I hope I can find someone who attended while i did to talk to and catch up!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 21, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »
Quote from: "AndreaHeintz"
Stumbling across this was enlightening. I attended Victory Christian Academy from August 2001- Feb 2002 when i was 15. What a nightmare. My life was forever changed and i still deal with the challenges of trying to live a normal life and fitting back in to soceity. I don't feel as though i belong because of being torn out of the "real world" and left in a facility where we weren't allowed to talk about what was going on. I'm 25 now, divorced, with 2 kids and i live a good life. My relationship with my parents is good now but the second I dwell on the "Victory Days" i hate them all over again..
I suppressed most of the feelings i've had about this place and my stay there because this is what we were taught. We werent allowed to talk about problems, the past, our fears, and our pain. How on Earth is this supposed to help us be healthy adults? I'm JUST NOW (10 years later) going to get some counseling because i know there's a lot of emotions deep inside that i have hidden. No one really understands what we've dealt with in our lives except the other girls who attended. You can't really explain it to anyone because you cant remember most of it. I remember bits and pieces but cant remember people's names. I know i was a dorm helper towards the end because i learned how to fake it and game the system. I came home after 6 months and wasnt even sure if i wanted to stay home because i was so brainwashed into thinking anything but christian hymns, the Bible, and their rules was ungodly and i would suffer death and go to hell. A 16 year old girl has enough problems without having to deal with these "cult thoughts". I blocked this out for so long that i have forgotten so much! I wish i knew the names of the girls who touched my heart and who made my stay there doable. I am forever grateful of the few sincere girls there and some who's homelife made my heart literally ache.
I can't express enough how emotionally devastating it is to spend a holiday without your family at that age. I was there for 9-11 and couldnt experience the full effect of what our nation went through as a whole and i will never entirely "get it". No one can really understand what its like to not talk or be on "silence" for 30 days, write 1200 lines, or be unable to go outside for 3 months unless they've lived it. I dont know ANYONE who has gone to a "reform school" and now that i know the feelings of insecurity, anxeity, and not be good enough are common side effects of being here i feel less alone. Thank you all for commenting and sharing your experiences. I hope I can find someone who attended while i did to talk to and catch up!
You may or may not be old enough to remember her or know of her, but... a former attendee of Victory Christian Academy recently committed suicide. She wrote a book about her time there, Reform at Victory, "a memoir of her time at Victory Christian Academy in Ramona, CA, a teen lockdown facility that was closed down due to abusive practices in 1992."

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline daddyfrank

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 09, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »
what was the most punishment lines did any gurl had 2 write?- how many lines per day did u have 2 write- my foster mom made me write 1000s of lines out- it screw up my head some times- u can e-mail me at- [email protected]- thank u >:(

Offline mary142

• View Profile
    • http://www.genevaschool.org/
« Reply #373 on: July 06, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »
Awful school and horrible sports teams ever. If you are looking to go here I would definitely choose another private school. There are plenty more better academys in the area that offer better teaching.

Offline lilysue

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 06, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »
hi my name is sharon kieft and I have attended this school and was a staff memeber too it has its good points and bad in my memories but it is all what you choose to make of it that is what shapes who u are.  I would like to chat with anyone who remembers me from 95-97 as a student and then staff from 97-98 and again in 2002. email me at [email protected]