Author Topic: Happy Hill Farm  (Read 2510 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« on: June 29, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »
Just watch Dr. Phil give away a residential admission to a kid with bad behavior (and really idiotic ineffective parents).

Anyone any experience here?  It seems their formula is a bit different from looking at the website..

http://www.happyhillfarm.org/
[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-06-29 15:02 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »
This look like all of the rest of deceptive adds for residential treatment. The best place for most children is at home with parents.  What's truly frieghtening about the add is the age of the children shown - they look like they are under age 8. THIS WHOLE INDUSTRY IS ANTI-FAMILY AND DISGUSTING. Parent must be very careful if they are going to allow others to raise their children.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 01:55:00 AM »
Since Dr. Phil promotes these programs we should not promote him by watching his program.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »
Dr. Phil has long creeped me out and reminded me of a program devotee.

Just watch his program one day and witness him command someone to "stand up" and then get in his face, and you will see what I mean.

And then there is Jenny Jones and Co. with their boot camp instant reformation of juvenile delinquents, with the audience applausing as a 250 pound man in a faux military uniform brings a 12 year old to tears.

Fuck, I just hate those pop physcology idiots on tv. Reminds me of some of the worst days of my life...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »
THE ENTIRE PSYCH INDUSTRY IS SUSPECT AS FAR AS WE KNOW. MANY DO NOT ABIDE BY ESTABLISHED PROCEDURES AND CARE PLANS.  THESE YOUTH FACILITIES ARE WAY OFF BASE. PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT AWARE OF THE ABUSE THAT CAN OCCURE IN THE NAME OF THERAPY - ESPECIALLY TO THE YOUTH.  THIS MUST STOP. I NO LONGER WATCH DR. PHIL.

Offline Paige

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »
I am well aware of Happy Hill Farm. I am not an advocate of "Teen Facilities" but I am aware that sometimes the teens would be better off away from their idiot parents. A prime example is that idiot family on Dr. Phil. Happy Hill Farm is a nondenominational facility that is an accredited school and its focus is on the education and life skills that parents are supposed to teach and most often do not. I would be thrilled if my neice was at Happy Hills Farm instead of Abundant Life Academy. We live very close to Happy Hills Farm and I know of some people who have utilized the facility. Believe me if a child is in need of help for himself or saving from idiot family members and parents this is a wonderful place where they are treated with respect and as human beings. They do not use brain washing techniques nor do they brainwash the kids into a Christian "Jesus" format with their way being the only way like some others I have been researching. I think you would find this place to be very good for the child especially since his parents are such idiots. At least at Happy Hills Farm he has a chance for a normal life which his parents certainly do not have. In fact the Daughter should be allowed to go just to get away from the crap her parents are putting her through.  If the world has to have places such as this due to the poor behaviour of parents then at least they should all use this facility as a model it is a good one.
aige

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »
I just watched another Dr. Phil episode, sending a 12-year-old boy away, and parents completely devoid of any real responsibility with their lives, with grown dysfunctional children, and still having kids at child number six!

What is wrong with people?

...to disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them...
-- George Mason

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »
When I was a kid watching that I always got so unbeliveably mad. I still do now, and I'm 19.

I hate how they do that to people and call it 'tough love'. I hate how destroying someone's self is considered helpful. I hate people who hurt others and feel good about it. And I really hate these pop-therapists who fuck people up, get rich, feel soooo good about themself, the stupid talkshows that make money off of them, audiences full of hateful, overweight, STUPID adults cheering as some 250+ lb man in a fake military oufit reduces a child to tears, and I HATE their stupid parents for fucking up so badly.  :evil:

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
http://www.perlservices.com' target='_new'>Perl Services

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »
What I hate is that this forum is about the teen help industry, those kids were preteens. What the &^%$# is going on with society when we think this is OK? I would love to hear from a program (any program) parent who can visit that web site, see the pictures of those 8 yr olds and justify that to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »
Amazing, still no reply. Where are all the teen help advocates? Why is it nobody can justify this center? Why is it OK for Dr. Phil on TV to advocate this place? The enrollment age begins at 5 years old and ends at 17. Or maybe without  all the old program parent cliches, you are at a loss for words.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »
Nobody knows what your question is!

Could you rephrase it please? It sounded more like a comment to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »
On 2004-09-20 17:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Nobody knows what your question is!

Could you rephrase it please? It sounded more like a comment to me."

Ok let me start over more s-l-o-w-l-y. Since all the question marks after my various questions didn't help point out that they are not comments.

How can any parent justify putting any 5 year old in an institution?

For now I will only post one question, as it seems more than one at a time is confusing. You can review my other post if more clarification is needed.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Happy Hill Farm
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »
I certainly do not. And I doubt anyone else here would either.

A vote for GW is a vote for America's Führer.
--Anonymous (it's best that way...)

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."