Author Topic: Marnie, for you  (Read 3104 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Marnie, for you
« on: July 22, 2002, 11:13:00 PM »
I just saw your post on the straight site. Wow. 11 years  old and in the Seed. Then, as a teenager, a staff member at straight. What a screwed up way to grow up.
My question to you. Do you ever wish you were able to just grow up and be a kid? You really have a unique story, and I would like to here more.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Marnie

• View Profile
Marnie, for you
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 10:24:00 AM »
Yes very screwed up! - I did not have a normal childhood.  Nothing in my life has been normal.  I lived in a world that was manufactured and full of self doubt and guilt.  I do not feel normal to this day.  I honelstly did not know better than the Straight/Seed way of life - when it was all over I was left with knowing nothing about the outside world.  I am still paying for this today

Offline CHAR

• View Profile
Marnie, for you
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 09:24:00 PM »
Hi Marnie:

My name is Char and I am new. I read your post after I read what Greg wrote. I can relate to not having a normal childhood. I went from an abusive home life to the Seed to born again christians to living on my own without help. And I can so relate to not feeling normal. I have over the years "invented myself" hoping that I fit in. I doubt that I do :smile: but I am told by my partner and her family that I have qualities that are unique that I could only have gotten by surviving all that. And it has to be the same with you. If you are alive (and you are) and you know that there is stuff in your heart and mind that you want healed then you are already on your way. There are actually people out there that don't want to hurt you and they do care and they do have a belief in not treating people like dirt. It took me a long time to believe this but it is true. My thoughts and prayers are with you.