Author Topic: your first concert  (Read 8554 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »
My first was Heart at the Civic Center in Baltimore, MD.

That was 1978 or 79, so I guess it was the "Dog and the Butterfly" Tour.. ::rainbow::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »
One of my first concerts was Aerosmith and they were great. Drank some beer on the way to Hershey in 87 or 88. Dokken opened up for them.

Offline taureana

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »
My first concert was Hall & Oates.  I went with my brother and sister and a bunch of their friends.  Either Thompson Twins opened or else Til Tuesday, I can't remember anymore.  I was in Jr. High at the time.  It was before I got high the first time, so I must have been 11 or 12.  No drugs or alcohol involved.

The only concert I ever was high at was Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood" tour.  Warrant opened.  They were such posers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »
First concert was Black Sabbath in '70 or '71 of course drugs were involved, I'm sure they were manditory. I was 14, some older kids from work let me tag along, my parent's probaly thought it was some religous band, being the Sabbath.
BTW Greg the Tull concert at the Bayfront I think was the first date I took your sister xxxxxx on. I used to buy conterfiet tickets at Lakewood from a girl for $2. Those were the days.
Later Guy.[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-06-11 21:52 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2004, 12:53:00 AM »
awesome. Hope you don't mind I deleted my sisters name per her request it not be in this forum.

Hey, do me a favor and email me a [email protected]. I would like to have a conversation with you.

Thanks.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »
I think Ive seen most of the greats..Slayer, Metallic, Suicidal Tendencies, Pantera, Morbid Angel , Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden

Then Ive sat through some really really shitty bands...Winger, Vixen, Kix, White Lion, Britney Fox...

What really sucked is in those days ...in order to see a band you wanted to see they always had some horrible gland bands with them..

I mean everyone has different tastes, and thats cool, but  some of those glam bands were just horrible..

Oh and Queensryche...that was a  band I didnt care for too much until I saw them live..and they were impressive and I went and saw them about 6 or 7 more times..
 But Im a guitar freak .../shrug
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

On 2004-06-11 20:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"First concert was Black Sabbath in '70 or '71 of course drugs were involved, I'm sure they were manditory. I was 14, some older kids from work let me tag along, my parent's probaly thought it was some religous band, being the Sabbath.

BTW Greg the Tull concert at the Bayfront I think was the first date I took your sister xxxxxx on. I used to buy conterfiet tickets at Lakewood from a girl for $2. Those were the days.

Later Guy.
-------------------------------------------------

This is so interesting. I also remember the counterfeit tickets to concerts but everyone was afraid to use them because they would often confiscate them at the door and you were screwed for the night. Also, jethro tull was $8.50 and that was considered an expensive show. Different era for sure.

whoever you are I would love to talk to you. I have a few suspicions if you dated my sister.  Eddie?  Whoever you are, please instant message me or email me. I would love to chat. Also, were you in the Seed, straight, or Life? Do you know my whole family?

Talk to me!!!

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-06-12 11:46 ]

Offline taureana

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »
On 2004-06-11 23:25:00, Scarstruck wrote:

"
<
What really sucked is in those days ...in order to see a band you wanted to see they always had some horrible gland bands with them..

I mean everyone has different tastes, and thats cool, but  some of those glam bands were just horrible..
<

I agree.  That's why we usually went to this club in Houston called Backstage that had a lot of "up and coming" bands play.  I saw Gorky Park, Shock Tu, Faster Pussycat, Jane's Addiction, L. A. Guns, and a bunch of other bands that never made it anywhere that I can't remember.  There was some band that played and all I can remember was they did a metal rendition of The Three Little Pigs.  Anyone remember what band that was??

But sometimes you'd get lucky.  Like when I saw Aerosmith, The Black Crows opened which was pretty cool.  But then there were shows like Heart that I thought was gonna be awesome and COMPLETELY sucked!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »
Remember "white Witch?  When I was 19 they played in a club in Ft Lauderdale, a small rock club with about 12 ft ceilings. The assholes set off their pyrotechniques which back then were nothing but huge shooting sparkles, smoked out the whole place and everyone evacuated into the parking lot.

Never heard much from them after that.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »
Nope but I remember Great White buring down that fucking bar like a year or two ago..

10 bucks per ticket huh? I paid 65 dollars for a floor ticket to see Pantera, Morbid ANgel,Soulfly, and Nothingface  in 2001...

I almost didnt wanna buy the ticket but I did anyway and it turned out to be Panteras last tour..

/shrug    was a goodtime except for my ex wife being with me..she could turn any situation bad
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »
My first concert was Billy Squier.  Def Leppard opened. '82.  I was 13 or 14.  San Diego sports arena.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »
in the 70's i went to the "D.C smoke -in" there were many bands there.....geez,i can't remember them,but it was a great show{all day & free!}my first concert was the gratful dead 78-79....then i broke my arm and had to miss blackfoot& nazerth!
i had tickets to rush in 81,on my birthday in may,but i was put in straight in april! i was a kid before straight,so my parent wouldn't let me go to too many!{i had to sneak to the d.c smoke in 3 times!"....the smoke -in was for the legalisation of weed! there were so many ppl there the cops didn't do anything about it! after straight i went to a zillion concerts! shit i toured with the grateful dead....saw phish playing in the PARKING LOT at a show a few times! I played with dave matthews in a make shift band
called "the electric woodshed band" in blacksburg virginia!...i made concerts my thing or form of entertainment after straight! those fuckers beat me down sooooo bad about music/concerts etc etc...
they said i had a "rock star" image and i got shit for it all the time! i swore i'd play and see music after i finished that f-ing place!...
and i did just that!....hippie

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »
in the 70's i went to the "D.C smoke -in" there were many bands there.....geez,i can't remember them,but it was a great show{all day & free!}my first concert was the gratful dead 78-79....then i broke my arm and had to miss blackfoot& nazerth!
i had tickets to rush in 81,on my birthday in may,but i was put in straight in april! i was a kid before straight,so my parent wouldn't let me go to too many!{i had to sneak to the d.c smoke in 3 times!"....the smoke -in was for the legalisation of weed! there were so many ppl there the cops didn't do anything about it!

Ah yes, the Washington, DC smoke-ins.. I went to the one in 1982...a bunch of punk bands played but they were still calling it the 'smoke-in' then...later on I learned that the name of the event got changed to "rock against reagan" in later years. The bands that played were: Void, The Necros, Black Market Baby, and FEAR (who headlined)

Offline funster

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »
my first concert i went to in the 7th grade and i went with my best friend at the time..duane rohlfs. yes that same guy that killed himself with my other friend chris kelley. my mother actually took duane and i to go see the jgeils band. we were so young we were not even druggy friends yet. we thought it was neat to go the bathroom and piss on the wall when they played that song. this was actually weird to see this post because i was just looking at his picture on the straights site and talking about it with my wife last night. i remember after straight, when they pulled me out of class to tell me about the suicide i was angry, especially when i found out the details and how much they hurt everyone they left behind through the notes left, etc etc. i also remember that i started lifting weights the next day and had a renewed sense of wanting to live and to be strong. i remember feeling that day that i would fucking make it no matter what. When, and there have been many times, i have seen fellow friends take their own lives or be killed, i always say this and it is because of that day when they told me duane and chris were dead. "GET BUSY LIVING YOUR OWN LIFE BECAUSE HOW YOU LIVE IT WILL BE AN ATTESTMENT TO HOW THEY LIVED THEIRS" to me this means doing the best i can so they did not live for nothing.

Offline flygirl

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: flygirl on 2006-04-26 06:00 ]