Author Topic: your first concert  (Read 8552 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »
Funster, I just want to express my sympathy to you.  I remember when 2 staff members came and pulled me outta group when I was on 1st phase.  They took me into the carpet room and sat me down to tell me that Steve Mathews had taken his own life.  Even though I didn't know Steve before $tr8 he made a huge impression on me while I was in there.  He taught me a whole lot just by his example and I really looked up to him and tried to be like him in the way that he resisted $tr8.  At the time I wondered why they would even bother to tell me about Steve's suicide.  I was crushed man.  That guy was like a super hero to me.  I still have his picture. After they were done tellin' me the tragic news, they just set me back in group and of course I wasn't allowed to even talk to anyone about it because that would've been talkin' behind backs.  I kept all my emotions about it to myself.  it was real hard.  I really sympathize with you on this Funster.

Also, I'm sorry we've had a hard time.  I've had a real hard time since $tr8.  I don't think you understand, or maybe you do and I'm just fucked up and bitter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline funster

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »
Steve was a great guy, no question about it. I was newcomers with him at one time as I am sure everyone there was. We can again try to chat anytime you like, or not. I would not say that we have a hard time, but a couple of mis communications. I like you and am sorry that maybe I dont understand your situation a little better. One conversation and a few emails is not enough to understand anything, much less relationships that started under extreme duress. Maybe we should go party at matts gigaroo and see if he can actually play. No one liked my ping pong idea so i will not repeat that, but both bikes are running so you can always come down and visit the old digs anytime. Again it does not need to be a melodramatic type thing that will have a conclusion........one may never show up, but might be a good time.

Offline Gah

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »
I aint never been to no concert. Im a loser!   :cry:

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »
Summer Jam '73 at Watkins Glenn.  The traffic was so bad we put it in park on the third lane and walked about 7 miles.  Rained most of the time, but we never knew it till we read it in the paper weeks later.  The Dead, Allman Brothers and The band.  Never met more good people in one weekend in my life. The car was still there, but someone took our windshield. When it started raining, we put our wipers on.  You should have seen the looks we got from people passing us on the highway.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »
Beach Boys! Look not by choice okay! I was at RTC in Provo, UT. the owner had conections to BYU. Need I say more?
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »
maybe you do and I'm just fucked up and bitter.

Puhleased t' meetcha, I'm Big Ol' Bad Ass Bob, The Cattle Ruslter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »
The car was still there, but someone took our windshield. When it started raining, we put our wipers on. You should have seen the looks we got from people passing us on the highway.

:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
y Richard Marx.  For those of you gagging, I would like to add Wilson Phillips opened for him, and I ENJOYED THEM BOTH!!!  Proud of it too.  Well, not quite proud enough to post my name, but those of you who know me will guess all the same.  But then, I was the one who got my ass kicked for "rocking out" to Debbie Gibson.  Is that even possible???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »
remember after straight, when they pulled me out of class to tell me about the suicide i was angry, especially when i found out the details and how much they hurt everyone they left behind through the notes left, etc etc

from all i gathered about that incident,they were blasted by the f-ing staff and group....humiliated by both sides of the group! i
was especially angry when i heard that! thats what killed them! i should know,i did the same thing after i got hammered by staff{un qualified,uneducated kids with humongous ego's} if my memory of what i read online is that one of them was paraded in front of the girls side and made fun of for "supposedly" having a girlfriend!
told shit like "i hope you catch a disease!" "you're ugly" by the girls side!.....am i right? is that what happened? weren't you on staff back then?
i just want to know.....as i understand it,you were directly involved in the "witch hunt" that got put in its place on here about me! i want to "thank you" for your concern staff.....you called paul and told him what i wrote.i put the boots to that though,didn't i? i never got my chance back then,but i did on here!....its too bad those dudes didn't get the same opportunity!
you know what kills me the most about that? there was a girl that killed herself very shortly thereafter that they believe had a connection to that situation! she wasn't even in straight,but the f-ing place killed her too!....good ol' staff.....seriously,i am glad that happened...i never got the chance to be heard or anything...i walked around for years reeling from that experience....i'm not getting down on you....just "airing out" my anger at the "coc" that got sent Pauls way.....hippie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »
queen?...cool! way cool!....hip

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »
look,without the beach boys buddy holly and elvis,we wouldn't have had the beatles! witth out the beatles,we wouldn't have had any of the real cool bands that were inspired by something the beatles did as a whole!  w/o the beatles there would be no punk rock! helter skelter was the first punk rock song....hard rock heavy metal, acid rock  etc etc.....were all created by the beatles! so seeing the beach boys is way cool!.......{just an old historian} hippie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »
i just want to apoligise to you funster...i'm still bitter at that place! they sucked many ppl's lives away from them....you didn't have to die physically to have that happen....not if you were in straight! i found out you were the one that coc'ed paul and had him come online.....i was angry at you,but after i wrote that,i felt bad......geez i'm still f-ed up.....anyways please forgive me...ok?
hip

Offline funster

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 03:31:00 AM »
hey hippie, i pm'ed you with some of this but for the record i was not on staff at that time because i remember not knowing why he got pulled from the program. i certainly would have known had i been on staff. i think i even remember being called on to talk about that because of his "druggy friend" status. also, i have had no contact with paul for twenty years until i saw him post on this site. ask him. so i certainly accept your apology. check your private message thing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 03:36:00 AM »
How do you change your avatar, and does anyone know how you put other people's quotes in your messages?

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
your first concert
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2006, 03:55:00 AM »
On 2006-03-02 00:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How do you change your avatar, and does anyone know how you put other people's quotes in your messages?"

Yeah...uh...let's see here...first off to pick or change your avatar you have to go to profiles and sign in.  At the bottom of the form there you will find a rectangle labeled "avatars".

To quote other posters ...uhhh...let's see here... umm...first you have to click on the quote button under the post that you want to quote.  After that you have to place your cursor...ummm inside the quote marks and delete ever't'in but the words that you want to be quoted.  Just make sure you stay within the quote marks.  I don't know how to do the multiple quoting of one post.  Sorry.  My expertise is... uhh...still limited that way.  Others here know more tricks than me.  But thank you for taking up my time.  I'm still awake at nearly 4 in the morning and I was starting to get a little bored.  Thanx for the entertainment.   :smile:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.