Author Topic: the cost of war  (Read 1384 times)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
the cost of war
« on: May 05, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »
The US military tortures Iraqi prisoners and appoints Saddam Hussein's General in Fallujah - have things really improved for the people of Iraq since the fall of Saddam?

Two thirds of residents of Baghdad think not, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll, conducted before the attacks on Fallujah and Najaf

GEORGE BUSH has appointed John Negroponte, his former man at the United Nations, as governor-in-chief in Iraq. Negroponte is an expert in bloody repression, stretching back four decades.

From 1964-1968, during the US war on Vietnam, he was a political affairs officer at the US Embassy in Saigon. Such positions were often covers for CIA operatives and political assassins.

From 1969-1971, he was aide to Henry Kissinger who supervised the saturation bombing of Vietnam and attacks on Cambodia and Laos. Kissinger sacked Negroponte after he said the US was making too many concessions to the Vietnamese in 'peace' talks.

I tried for years to live according to everyone else's morality.
I tried to live like everyone else, to be like everyone else.
I said the right things even when I felt and thought quite differently.
And the result is a catastrophe.

---Albert Camus

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do