Author Topic: Columbine Remembered  (Read 4143 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
oh but man, could I do some work.  When I took ritalin, all I wanted to do was work, work, work.  Not eat, not sleep, no fuck...nothing, but work, work, work.   I still have a on-going scrip for the stuff, but rarely use it.   I think ritalin, like most drugs (opiates excluded ), if used responsibly are ok.  Shit ...asprin can be abused.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »
People can be generally fucked up. In fact, lots of people can be...because, well, there are lots of people. There are millions who have had it worse than Eric or Dylan ever did, respectively. And probably a nice sized chunk of those people never hauled off and shot up a bunch of innocent bystanders because of it. For me personally, I dont give a shit what I have been through...everything can be dealt with and resolved on a personal level to some degree without falling to pieces. On the upside, its to our advantage as humans to be able to overlook our instincts to blow the fuck up.

If you end up just losing it and freaking out and offing yourself, well....I would be inclined to call that the weakest of resolutions given our place in nature, such as it is. In a clinical sense, it doesnt make you a bad person...it makes you a defective human being. But I think we ARE capable of, and have a greater responsibility to, our place in the big scheme of things.

I completely agree, well said. I?ve discussed my views on murder and suicide before here.  I?ve called them both, "The two most selfish human acts." That pretty much sums it up for me. It doesn?t matter what kind of mental anguish they were suffering, nothing justifies what they did. Losing control of emotions and actions like that says one thing, "I?m selfish and I don?t care about anyone/anything else but me, me, me." They weren?t heroes, they were just failures at life.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »
agreed. Hero, fuck no. That's crazy. you don't shoot people because you were not popular in school and you got picked on, thats fucking crazy! No no no

We ought to be grateful that our government monopoly schools are such a failure. If today's 18 year olds could do arithmetic, they'd be out buying enough rope to hang everybody over 40.
--Alan Handleman on Social Security

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »
Shed no tears for the martyr dying,
Only in pain suffering and death
Can the martyr become what he?s chosen to be.

No tears wasted
No sorrow no pity
No, no crying, no loss

Shed no tears for the cop bleeding,
He once held the gun. He once held the key.
Now his prisoners will sing and dance and play.

No tears wasted
No sorrow no pity
No, no crying, no loss

Shed no tears for the nun beaten
By the children she once called her flock.
How they hate their teachers who force darkness upon us.

No tears wasted
No sorrow no pity
No, no crying, no loss

Shed no tears for the suicide,
He has made his choice. The pain of life is great
And some will find it sweet to rot beneath the earth
As we rot and live and breathe.

No tears wasted
No sorrow no pity
No, no crying, no loss

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »
Hell no.  They were fucking losers.  ALL kids are picked on at one time or another.  Shit, I was picked on lots, but I didn't kill or shoot anyone.  People like MLK, Jr and Jimmy Carter are heroes.  Not losers like the columbine  shits.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »
I knew a woman who was dating a cocaine dealer and after they split up, she was having a tough time staying away from the guy (because of the coke).

So someone suggested that she look up the symptoms for hyperactivity and attention-deficit,
and then go to the doctor, and tell them the symptoms so she could get them to prescribe her a ritalin-type of drug. (Unfortunately, the name of the drug escapes me at the moment).

So anyway, she did just that and she hasn't touched cocaine since! She said it got her higher than cocaine ever did without the side effects, and she encouraged anyone who would listen to go get themselves a script! She even tried to give me some - shoot, she handed them out like they were aspirin.

But the thing is, I could TELL she was on a drug. I just was surprised to find that it was a legal drug.

I can't believe they give something that strong - that a former daily coke-user says gets her higher than coke ever did - to children!

And again, I reiterate - one of the Columbine boys was on this type of medication.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
Dextroamphetamine, dexadrine, aderall, ritalin....

supposedly has the reverse affect on ADD but can lead to pyschosis halucinations ect if you are not ADD who knows, I don't agree with giving kids Central nervous system stimulants which is what those drugs are, but if that can really be blamed for the shooting I am not really convinced.

I wouldn't rule it out completely and I don't think it is a bad theory but...

No synonym for God is so perfect as Beauty. Whether as seen carving the lines of the mountains with glaciers, or gathering matter into stars, or planning the movements of water, or gardening - still all is Beauty!
-- John Muir

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »
No, I don't blame the drug for the shootings!

No, no, no!

I'm just saying it didn't help any - and that it was a contributing factor, but ultimately the boys themselves are to blame - outside influences be damned - they didn't respect life or humanity.

But - from a "druggie" perspective - you know, to quote Chris Rock, "I don't condone murder, but I understand."

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
"Druggie Perspective" ?? :roll:
What a stupid term that was..I remember calling myself a druggie when I left straight.

They taught me to see myself as some inferior evil trashy person that walked the fine line of
always being a thought away from relapse.

And I believed it. Never again from the time I set foot in that building would I ever feel like a descent, good person. When I go places I feel like people are talking about me and looking at me..

I used to stare at the floor...now I glare back.

then keep the word, then keep the word...[ This Message was edited by: Triumvirate on 2004-04-23 16:33 ]
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2004, 01:39:00 AM »
Yeah, I remember after I left there.....I did the whole druggie, relapse, sober BS thing too.  After a while it just felt stupid.  I was never a damn drug addict to begin with....it almost seemed like the natural act of living life outside of Straight for a while just sort of "phased out" that whole charade for me.  Straight just kind of faded away gracefully for me.  Funny...I would be inclined to call that part of the programming of the program.  Like we werent supposed to wake up from the hypnosis until 15-20 years later.  Not until long after the checks were cashed.

I never really give a shit about what people think about me though, I dont dwell on it as if were always negative.  I try to be as forthcoming as possible, so that I know if anyone ever accuses me of something or tries to paint me as a liar, I have the confidence to step up and address it with that person.  Im not afraid to be wrong, doesnt mean I might not like it.....but things usually are never as bad as I perceive them to be when it comes to dealing with people in my life.  So I am not afraid of being blunt and resloving the issue as best I can.  

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2004-04-23 22:40 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
Dude jimmy carter was a lousy president.
And MLK had affairs outside of marriage and
plagorized.They're no fucking heroes. Eric and Dylan kicked ass! Someday I hope to do what they did. Except have the bombs work.

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »
heres a good article on Columbine

http://slate.msn.com/id/2099203
Injected intravenously

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2004, 05:56:00 AM »
Heres your heroes man in their own video tapes..

I dont see heroes...I see nerdy ass wanna be punk kids that film themselves playing cops and robbers...

By the way they looked anything but heroic in their library suicide photos..unless you call laying on the floor with your brains in your friends lap...whilst his head is blown off at the nose up...

And for what?

And they dont even inhale their cigarettes :lol:

http://necro.psyjnir.net/videostuff.html

Be calm my love Why don't you kneel for me?
I write for sight One day you'll find me
in the corner,more sublime,
But I still never died[ This Message was edited by: Triumvirate on 2004-05-01 02:56 ][ This Message was edited by: Triumvirate on 2004-05-01 04:14 ]
Injected intravenously

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
Columbine Remembered
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 06:01:00 AM »
Anyone can put themselves into a frenzied violent frame of mind...and hurt people.

Like when I used to get loaded on heroin, I didnt give a fuck about anything...I think I could have easily shot someone for dope and not thought about it too much..

These kids were fucking stupid.. I was in prison when this happened, so I never really got in depth coverage of it..I knew the basic story as told to me by someone who saw it on the news..

After reading this thread I started thinking about it and went digging...I had one impression from the news accounts..

...but the videos speak volumes..
Injected intravenously