Author Topic: Info on Moonridge Academy or Kolob Canyon RTC?  (Read 25589 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Info on Moonridge Academy or Kolob Canyon RTC?
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »
Thank you for looking after the best intrest of these youth. The more you write the more I am starting to realize who you are, your a discruntled selfish neighbor that lives next to a facility. What are you doing to make a diffrence? It,s clear to me that you have never visisted moonridge and don't intend to. No matter what is said you have formed your oppinion and nothing will change it. I feel for you and your shallow mind but you are wrong. Have a little faith in mankind, some people really do want to help. As for the cult remark, that hurt. You have a wonderful day while were here tying to help these kids get back on track.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2005, 01:18:00 AM »
Brainwashing works when you isolate individuals, control their movements, only let them have contact with individuals in the movement, and tell them that you are their only salvation.  Any RTC that tells children they cannot have contact with parents is suspect.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
Explain the movement and your isolation theory.
To me isolation would be putting someone in a padded room with no windows. You would think putting someone in a positive atmosphere might have an impact. Our kids are taken off campus regularly. Parent contact is earned through the level system but after a short time if a child is slow in moving parents can have contact. As for the brainwashing you just need to watch your TV for a day and you will get all the brainwashing your heart desires.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »
It was.. I don't even know how to describe it. When I first got there it was okay, until on my second day there I had a breakdown and all they did was put me in time out for 4 hours and not even talking to me about why I was upset. Then I couldn't talk for 6 1/2 days. Finally i realized how brainwashed these other girls were and began my silent uncompliance. This continued for another four weeks until I broke down again this time it was really bad. They tried to force Seroquil down my throat when my grandma had already told them not to give me that. My silent noncompliance probably saved my life according to my current therapist. All it was was constant consequences or not being allowed to talk. So I gave up and stopped talking anyways.
This is the truth. It may have been the right program for some of the girls, but the new girls that came in after me being brainwashed was one of the hardest things I ever had to watch. Thank goodness I was only there for 6 weeks before they kicked me out of the program. I'm at home now and doing much better with my new therapist.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
They have a third warehouse:

Press Release
January 20, 2005
Scott Davis and Kent Tasso, co-owners of Certified Educational, Recreational, Therapeutic Schools and Programs ("CERTS"), are pleased to announce the recent purchase of The Academy at Cedar Mountain, located in Cedar City, Utah. The Academy at Cedar Mountain has operated since 1999 as a structured boarding school, an ideal in-between step for graduates of treatment programs not yet ready to return home as well as a special place for students with learning disabilities who can benefit from the individual attention the Academy provides.

Scott Davis commented, "In many respects the Academy will remain as it is.
http://strugglingteens.com/news/certsac ... 50121.html
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »
On 2005-11-28 07:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Explain the movement and your isolation theory.

To me isolation would be putting someone in a padded room with no windows. You would think putting someone in a positive atmosphere might have an impact. Our kids are taken off campus regularly. Parent contact is earned through the level system but after a short time if a child is slow in moving parents can have contact. As for the brainwashing you just need to watch your TV for a day and you will get all the brainwashing your heart desires.   "

:wstupid:  Well, what isolation is to you is nonsense.  

Restricting their communication with the entire outside world, including their own parents, is isolation. EARNING contact with their own parnets is bullshit. Even Prisoners can have contact with their families, and they can have contact with the media and legal representation - no program kids have that.

Furthermore, "positive atmosphere" is another fallacy. Ive yet to see any evidence of these positive atmospheres, but Ive seen plenty that its an atmosphere of conformity and obedience. And if its so damn positive why are they forced into it instead of simply exposed to it?

Also, you dont 'earn' access to your own family for therapy. Having to 'earn' it by doing as told lines up well with the guidelines of mind control, not of therapy of any sort, anywhere.

And, finally, the television comment is equally irrelevant and nonsensical.

So, do you have anything else to add besides this nonsense?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
On 2005-11-28 07:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Explain the movement and your isolation theory.

To me isolation would be putting someone in a padded room with no windows. You would think putting someone in a positive atmosphere might have an impact. Our kids are taken off campus regularly. Parent contact is earned through the level system but after a short time if a child is slow in moving parents can have contact. As for the brainwashing you just need to watch your TV for a day and you will get all the brainwashing your heart desires.   "

Stockholm Syndrome.  Stanford Prison Experiment.  PTSD.  Mental health professional ethics.  Least restrictive setting.

Explained.

Unless you're too ignorant to understand an explanation anyway.

Julie

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
Censoring parental mail is ILLEGAL. It is a much bigger issue than whether or not  your child benefits. This is a matter concerning the safety of all children. If your child was being abused how could they get help? I would run fast from any program that censors parental mail.

The US government has concluded that their is no evidence that residential treatment is effective. In fact there is some evidence that grouping a bunch of acting out adolescents together is harmful because peers infuence each other more than they are influenced by staff. Family therapy and community mental health options are superior. I only wish the best for your child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »
My only response to all of you is that you are clueless to what really goes on in a good treatment center like a CERTS facility. You are also blind to what is going on in this world in regards to what is happening to our kids. Your quick to judge without really knowing. What are you doing to help? At least we are trying to do something positive and I Know first hand that we are making a diffrence. Read what parents had to say about there experience with CERTS. AS you can tell I'm tired of tying to defend what we are tying to accomplish when all were trying to do is help.

Thanks and have a great day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
On 2006-04-25 05:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My only response to all of you is that you are clueless to what really goes on in a good treatment center like a CERTS facility. You are also blind to what is going on in this world in regards to what is happening to our kids. Your quick to judge without really knowing. What are you doing to help? At least we are trying to do something positive and I Know first hand that we are making a diffrence. Read what parents had to say about there experience with CERTS. AS you can tell I'm tired of tying to defend what we are tying to accomplish when all were trying to do is help.

Thanks and have a great day.            "

What am I doing to help?  I am personally helping a sixteen year old kid with complex PTSD and a cutting problem from years of abuse in her younger childhood.  Our home serves as her "safe place" as well as a safe and welcoming place for her to pursue her education with access to someone who is qualified to help her with any of her academic subjects.  Additionally, I serve as a sympathetic ear when she needs one and a source of advice for how she can increase how much she can do for herself.

There are also educational resources at my house that aren't available in her home.  And from my own problems, I have a solid understanding of what would constitute an emergency to take her in to the ER and get someone to go pick up her mom to meet us there (mom doesn't have phone access at work).

She lives at home, and with her mother's full endorsement, approval and in accord with her mom's wishes, I provide these supports.  (Mother has custody.)

My help is no substitute for qualified psychiatric care and therapy, but I provide day in and day out community-type supports of the kind those professionals don't do.

She's not the first kid I've helped, but she's the one who's needed the most care and attention.

She's a great kid, and a friend to the whole family.

Because of her PTSD and the cutting, pretty much any of these facilities would tell her parents they should send her there, if they were stupid and gullible enough to call them.

There is strong scientific evidence that private, live-in facilities for teens do not do them any good, frequently do them harm, and are far inferior to community based care in which the teen lives at home.  Government and drug war activists really wanted these facilities to work, were expecting to find evidence that they worked, and were actively looking for any scientifically credible support for them being effective in some positive way.  They looked hard.  They really wanted to find an answer in favor of the facilities.  Instead, they found the facilities do no help and frequently do further harm.

Government and drug war activists did not want to find that community based care was what worked for teens and that facilities didn't work.  But that's what they found.

By the facilities' own oft-stated standard of "do what works," nobody should use them.  Ever.

I exempt from "facility," as I've used the term above, the RTCs for mentally ill kids based on the medical model of treatment that strive hard to get the kid stabilized--which inherently makes them ready for a less restrictive setting--ASAP.  I also exempt college prep schools of the strictly academic variety.  I exempt academic boarding schools with targetted curricula for specific learning disabilities so long as there is no in-house therapy component---or if in-house therapy is all strictly voluntary and serves only a small number of students on an as-needed basis, and so long as any longer term therapy is referred out to independent professionals in the community.  I exempt facilities for children who are so severely and permanently disabled that they cannot be cared for at home (severe autism, severe mental retardation).  There may be a few categories I've forgotten.

"Troubled Teen" facilities, though, just don't work.  They're for nobody.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »
What could I say, you've just discribed a CERTS facility. Julie, I comend you on what you are doing to help that child. Here's a little information on a CERTS facility for those of you who don't like RTC's. 16 residents, females only. 36 employees that includes 4 licenced therapists and 1 clinical director. 1 RPN. 3 fully acredited teachers and 1 teachers aid. A music and drama techer that come 3 hours a week. A line staff ratio of 1 line staff to four residents. Knowing and working with these people for over 2 years I know for a fact that they care for these girls with all there hearts. They work here because they care and unless you've been a part of this blessed program you have no right to say any diffrent. Read what past parents have said on a CERTS web sight. I don't claim that we help eveyone who walks through our door but I do know we've helped a few girls. Yes,there are many RTC's that do this for money but there are a few that do it because they want to help.
All were trying to do is help direct these precious girls to make healthier choices. Julie has the right idea and thats all were trying to acomplish. If you have any questions feel free to ask.