Author Topic: Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO  (Read 95312 times)

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
On 2005-06-28 14:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"just to fill you in,I've visited there once announced, and later 30 minutes unannounced. Both times were good, nothing unusual going on, and seems like a very well organized place.  My point is, you sound like another extremist, who has never been there, who sits around on forums offering your advise, when in reality your credibility is zero. If you have a true purpose of your post, why don't you get off your dead butt and go see.  Talk on this forum is cheap, from extremist who have lots of time on their hands, and really demean the forum.  I think programs like this, yes, very diciplined, are a good approach to some youths. The diciplined received is a result of the choice the student decided to make, and knew of the consequence.  Yeah, it can be rough, but I don't think its brain washing or abuse.  If you think about it in reality, when you make really bad choices, you pay the consequence as well. If you murder someone, you probably won't be sitting there on you butt explaining your view of the world, you'll be in the pen. Some kids need a wake up call, and this is a good method to get them on the right track. What hasn't worked in the past, perhaps fault of parent or kid, no longer matters. The outlined methods of the program is proven to work to over 250 graduated students, only of which you have a couple complain and post anomyously.  Do the math. Might not be your method, but then again, your preaching your views on boards like this. Why don't you go see for yourself instead, then you'd KNOW what your talking about, instead of just talking. I'd be interested to know your philosophy after that.  The mom's and people that post here have pulled their kids out early, regret it, and use this forum as an avenue to blame someone else for their problems. The kid probably learned that as well from them, thats why they went there, and the parent couldnt deal with it and let the program work. I have yet to see any post from a parent who's kid graduated from the program, that regretted it. Not rocket science, is it? "

yea, and I have been there  UNANNOUNCED and the doors are locked and they dont let you in, so I think you are totally full of it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »
Maybe if we both went, took pictures and brought a reporter, and signed appadavits and swore on a bible, the flag, the koran, and the talmud, then made a pinkie promise, theyd believe us?  :lol:

That's all marijuana is, after all. It's just a plant, a common and easily grown one at that. In many cultures, its consumption was lawful for millennia. And in all that time, the bond between thugs, mayhem, murder and marijuana that we see today did not exist.

http://www.mapinc.org/author/Dan+Gardner' target='_new'>Dan Gardner, CanWest News Service

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2005, 04:14:00 AM »
On 2005-07-05 16:39:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"Maybe if we both went, took pictures and brought a reporter, and signed appadavits and swore on a bible, the flag, the koran, and the talmud, then made a pinkie promise, theyd believe us?  :lol:

That's all marijuana is, after all. It's just a plant, a common and easily grown one at that. In many cultures, its consumption was lawful for millennia. And in all that time, the bond between thugs, mayhem, murder and marijuana that we see today did not exist.

http://www.mapinc.org/author/Dan+Gardner' target='_new'>Dan Gardner, CanWest News Service

"

No, there are still people who don't believe men walked on the moon.  You can produce as much evidence as you like but if they don't want to believe it they won't believe it.

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 06, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »
On 2005-07-05 16:39:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"Maybe if we both went, took pictures and brought a reporter, and signed appadavits and swore on a bible, the flag, the koran, and the talmud, then made a pinkie promise, theyd believe us?  :lol:

"

:lol: , and don't forget to prick your finger and swear on the brotherhood/sisterhood as well!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 06, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
Ok,  without giving out TMI...

If I have the slightest inkling there is something very wrong going on there..

Can I just go in and retrieve him???

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
Yes, that is what I did.  But, DONT tell them you are coming to retrieve your child.  They will try to talk you out of it, then there is a possibility they will "temporarily" move him to a new location and "forget" you were coming to pick him up.  

I went and pulled my son out one week after I enrolled him, and I didn't tell them I was coming.  I just showed up there at noon on a Saturday.  Of course, no one was expecting me and the building was locked up.  They only knew I was there because they saw me on the surveillance cameras.  Also, once they discovered I was there, they refused me access to the building and made me wait outside while they gathered my son and his belongings.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2005, 07:33:00 AM »
Helloooooooo is anyone out there?

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
On 2005-07-06 10:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ok,  without giving out TMI...

If I have the slightest inkling there is something very wrong going on there..

Can I just go in and retrieve him???

"

i cant PM you since you aren't registered to talk.  please PM me if interested in talking.  I pulled my son out after only one week because I was not comfortable with certain things.  If you would like more details, I would be happy to discuss in private.  I am just not going to openly disscuss it anymore on these boards because I get tired of people beating up on me and others because THEY think they know what is best for my son (even though they never met him), etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2005, 06:35:00 AM »
Bull. If you are a teacher you could never have come away with any sort of positive impression.  The education offered at Thayer is laughable.
Try painting your rosie picture of this death camp somewhere on the net where folks don't have a clue.

Offline eyecandy

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/7001260
« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »
you know they are definately not dead... i graduated there nov 2004 so i can promise you they are not and even if willa "grisel" bundy and john bundy were dead theyve got children in the business and directors... thayers gunna be around for a while, unfourtunatley, you have to sign away your right to sue when you sign the contract to put your child there.

If TCs were interested in treating substance abuse, half the time they'd tell mom "Sorry ma'am, we can't help him. He's not an addict, he's just an asshole.
--GregFL

Offline eyecandy

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 02, 2005, 01:05:00 AM »
On 2004-07-21 19:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Obviously Ms. Bundy is alive and well, as she can compose three separate "endorsements" supposedly from grateful students.  Ms. Bundy, however, has the same fault as the editor of The Source magazine from WWASPS.  All the messages to this board have the same syntax, grammar, spelling, code phrases, and program rhetoric.  Even slipping some cute little "...I was really wrong and got sent to isolation, but came to learn that life was better if I was good" don't make the postings sound like they came from three different formerly-rotten teens.  

Nice try, Wila."

sorry you dont want to hear this but those are real speechs.... i wrote one myself... though its because you have to if you want to go home... most kids write a load of nice sounding bullshit so that willa doesnt "day 1 restart" their year of hard work... i hated that place but it did change me, mostly out of fear... i still have nightmares to this day about it, ((9 months after ive left)) and i can tell you i hope it gets shutdown... its a horrible place and they serve their purpose but they do it in illegal ways...

Men seldom, or rather never for a length of time, and deliberately, rebel against anything that does not deserve rebelling against.

--Thomas Carlyle

Offline eyecandy

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 02, 2005, 05:33:00 AM »
ooooooooooh my gosh i cant believe all the petty drama on here! i went to tlc, thoroughly hated it , came out better for it, or so to say, its a matter of opinion... i tried to kill myself shortly after graduating the program which of course you dont want to hear the after stories. i dont believe in their methods and had i a child i would never send them to a place like that... im tired, its 2:30 am california time and ive got to go to bed but wow! chance i didnt want to know about your sexual abilities. things go as they must, but i believe as a human being we have inherent rights, dont let anyone take away from your self respect, i hated myself by the time i ended that program, but at least i got the bundy seal of approval! ((that was sarcasm)) i must go, ill check in later

When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its professors are obliged to call for help of the civil power, 'tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 02, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »
whats so special about chance?  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 02, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
How is he doing now that you pulled him out after just a short time of being there?  Why did you send him there in the first place? Obviously not the perfect parent. What is your point to your posts?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #269 on: August 02, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »
On 2005-08-01 21:55:00, eyecandy wrote:

you have to sign away your right to sue when you sign the contract to put your child there.

Oh hey! Ask any lawyer. This is bullshit. Doesn't matter what you've signed, you can still sue.

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes