Author Topic: Loretta Parrish  (Read 3877 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Loretta Parrish
« on: June 25, 2002, 11:12:00 AM »
I heard a rumour that Loretta Parrish resigned. Does anyone know anything about this? If this is verified, whom is in charge?
WTF is going on over there? Anyone know?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Loretta Parrish
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 09:59:00 PM »
I heard the suit was file in February and she resigned. Wasn't serverd till last week for some damned reason. Brian Seeber is in charge now. Looks like Miss. Big Hair left the parents to take the fall.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Loretta Parrish
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 12:41:00 AM »
If you all new her personally, you would think differently.  She has a kind heart and changed that place a lot.  We all make mistakes, and I'm sure she made her share, but I think she really did care.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Loretta Parrish
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »
And if you were paying attention, you would see that this thread is almost a year old. we all pretty much have formulated our opinions about Mrs. Parrish and some of the techniques she practiced on some of our friends.

With all due respect, your comments don't change my opinion one iota...

Laws are like spider webs. If some poor weak creature comes up against them - it is caught. But the bigger one can break through and get away.
-- Solon; Greek philosopher - c.630-c.555 BC

Offline Jeff_H

• View Profile
Loretta Parrish
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 04:50:00 PM »
Hey your right, she cared enough to call me a cockaroach, wish was very nice. Considering I thought her who vocabulary was, find jesus, cause that's all I ever heard from here, or, "get honest".  But yeah, she was a very caring woman, wasn't she?

The right of self-defense is the first law of nature . . and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.

--St. George Tucker, in his edition of Blackstone's Commentaries

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Loretta Parrish
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »
I respect ya'all's opinion.  I didn't realize how old that post was, sorry.  My mom feels like you guys, she did something to her, I don't really know what.  Back in 97 mom (loretta) took me under her wing and her and Patty took care of me after I had my first child because I was all alone.  I will always be grateful to her and Patty.  I asked alot of old staff members why they were so mean to me and why they did the things they did (ask misbehaviors to jump me behind group) there responses were satisfying.  More or less that they were going with the flow, or they apologized for the things they did.  It really helped me reach peace about it.  Just a thought but writing her a letter and telling her how you feel might suprise you.  I was just anxious to put all the pain behind me and once I did that I saw other things.  Please be nice, I respect that you do not feel the same way, everone is different.  Let's just have a plesent discussion.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Loretta Parrish
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 05:10:00 PM »
anon, pleasant discussions are all I am interested in, irrespective of your opinion. Just remember this, I went thru the program 30 years ago and heard all of Loretta's stolen material probably before you were born.

It was bullshit then, and it is no more palatable now. The feigned caring and love is perhaps the most insidious of all because certain people fall for it. I hope your eyes open to the real truth behind what you went thru.

Peace.

I tried for years to live according to everyone else's morality.
I tried to live like everyone else, to be like everyone else.
I said the right things even when I felt and thought quite differently.
And the result is a catastrophe.

---Albert Camus

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Re: Loretta Parrish
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 12:46:18 AM »
Does anyone have information about Loretta Parrish?

Where did she run off to?

Any details about her like her middle initial, her age, etc. would be helpful.

I want to find her so I can send her a Christmas card this year. Thanks for any help.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Smith Mr

• View Profile
Mr Seeber
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »
He has been under IRS investigation for a while.

They have seized documents relating to property transactions from the Title Source of Tampa.

Respectfully Mr Smith

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: SAFE (or else)
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
See also the January 2003 article in the Orlando Weekly by Jeffrey Billman, "SAFE (or else)." It came out about seven months after the OP was posted and mentions both Brian Seeber and Loretta Parrish:

When Seeber brought his eldest son Paul, then 17, to Orlando in 1997, he wasn't aware of SAFE's connection with Straight. He didn't know that SAFE was founded by Straight-Orlando's program administrator Michael Scaletta and marketing director Loretta Parrish. (Soon after, Parrish bought Scaletta out and incorporated as Associated Counseling and Education Inc., a for-profit company that operated SAFE from 1993 until summer 2002, when it dissolved.) He knew nothing of Straight's history of abuse. He did know his son needed help.

Four years later Seeber was such a believer that he left his lucrative job as a Maryland bankruptcy attorney, moved to Orlando and incorporated the nonprofit S.A.F.E. Inc., the next legal incarnation of SAFE. He and Parrish decided that, as a nonprofit, SAFE could better compete for financial grants. In early 2002, Parrish decided she couldn't work with the nonprofit's requisite board of directors and left. The board put Seeber in charge.
[/size]
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Re: Loretta Parrish
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 03:10:51 PM »
Now THAT is a great article about a Straight spinoff!  So many similarities to my stay in KHK. I would have liked to see more of the things mentioned in this article in the film, "Over the GW".
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com