Author Topic: Sex with Ghosts  (Read 11404 times)

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »
:eek:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
I'm sorry - this is idiotic. The woman is having a common, sleep-related experience. Don't scare her with this Medieval rubbish. I'm a Christian and am never arrogant nor pedantic enough to try to convert people. And Rebecca Brown is widely recognized by the intelligent Christian community as an idiot.

On 2004-04-17 18:50:00, LeighBright wrote:

"Do you care to hear a religious point of view?

I read a book that you would probably find very interesting. It's called 'He Came To Set The Captives Free' by a Dr. Rebecca Brown.

The book is really about witchcraft, but she deals with spirits and ghosts throughout the book. One portion discusses how powerful witches can astral project their spirits and I believe some of the experiences - be they sexual or violent - are things you may find similar to your current experience.

If I may suggest - you should stroll around various Christian bookstores. I don't know how much info you'll find with a topic like ghosts & spirits but I'll bet you'll find what you're looking for under witchcraft."

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »
I can't help but wonder, if I had suggested a book written by a Muslim, or a Jew, or a Buddhist, or a Wiccan, or any other religion on earth - would I have received the same reaction and accusation of trying to "convert" someone to one of those religions too?

I suggested a book. I didn't hide the fact that it was a religious book that dealt with witchcraft - nor did I say it was an award-winning book - or even that I believed all of the statements about situations that were made within its pages. In fact, I didn't even state that I was a fan of, or had any personal knowledge of the author - other than she wrote this wacky book that also mentioned spirit-beings invading person's homes - and discussed a spirit being having sex with a female witch.

So I merely suggested a book - that I thought the poster might be interested in reading and researching as clearly - it is a related topic.

You know, Frederick Douglass once stated that one of the virtues of being well-educated is that through the process of learning, we obtain our liberty. But you ANON - you kind of remind me of the parents who wanted to burn Mark Twain's books. I wonder if you picked up this notion in the program?

Anyway - to steal from the gay-activist's in D.C. (and to work their little chant to my advantage) in order to express how I feel about your intolerance of my personal belief system:

I'M HERE! I'M CHRISTIAN! GET USED TO IT!  :lol:

Offline idioteque

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
Why did you paraphrase the slogan of a demographic that's oppressed by people of your ilk? That's like the Grand Wizard of the KKK starting his speeches with "I have a dream..."

I was the first anon, but I agree with the second one on the point of this book being "Medieval rubbish." I won't even touch on the dynamics of Wicca or what astral projection entails, much less the reported (and obvious) limitations of both. The book is tremendously insulting to other faiths and your espousal of it is making you look crazy.

Don't pretend this is because you're Christian. It's because you're an extremist and you would be treated exactly the same if you were hawking the Kabbala or the Gyuto Tantra. Is religion the acceptable resource in some cases? Absolutely. But in this situation neurology has already filled in the blanks. Be here, be Christian, stop misleading people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »
Nicely done!

On 2004-04-29 12:09:00, idioteque wrote:

"Why did you paraphrase the slogan of a demographic that's oppressed by people of your ilk? That's like the Grand Wizard of the KKK starting his speeches with "I have a dream..."

I was the first anon, but I agree with the second one on the point of this book being "Medieval rubbish." I won't even touch on the dynamics of Wicca or what astral projection entails, much less the reported (and obvious) limitations of both. The book is tremendously insulting to other faiths and your espousal of it is making you look crazy.

Don't pretend this is because you're Christian. It's because you're an extremist and you would be treated exactly the same if you were hawking the Kabbala or the Gyuto Tantra. Is religion the acceptable resource in some cases? Absolutely. But in this situation neurology has already filled in the blanks. Be here, be Christian, stop misleading people."

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »
People of "my ilk"? Oh, okay. I see what's happening here. You have some pre-conceived notion of how Christians think and behave, so therefore, my stating a belief in Christianity somehow makes me all of these things in your head.

And why did I quote Queer Nation? Why shouldn't I? Are you saying that because I'm a Christian believer I'm not allowed to quote a gay activist organization? Is that one of your "all believers do this" rule?

Man! I think it's time you crow-barred that closed mind you have open and try seeing people for who they are - rather than judging them through your personal biases.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »
It's a common error of ignorant people to discredit a person on all counts based on point.

I don't know how to elevate people's critical thinking skills, but I wish someone would.  It is tiring to listen to ingnorance at ad nauseum on this thread and others.  

Europe, for one, is so far advanced in this area than are Americans.  I fear that the EU will succeed at their plan to become the next economic super power based on this factor alone.  Americans are grossly undereducated, especially in critical thinking.

Americans do have guns, however.  Dumb Americans with guns.  I don't know how noble that is, but it may be all we got.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »
On 2004-05-15 20:23:00, LeighBright wrote:

"People of "my ilk"? Oh, okay. I see what's happening here. You have some pre-conceived notion of how Christians think and behave, so therefore, my stating a belief in Christianity somehow makes me all of these things in your head.

Are you trying to tell me that the Christian Church has changed their views on homosexuality? Did they remove Sodom and Gomorra from the bible?

"Don't pretend this is because you're Christian. It's because you're an extremist and you would be treated exactly the same if you were hawking the Kabbala or the Gyuto Tantra. Is religion the acceptable resource in some cases? Absolutely. But in this situation neurology has already filled in the blanks. Be here, be Christian, but stop misleading people."

And why did I quote Queer Nation? Why shouldn't I? Are you saying that because I'm a Christian believer I'm not allowed to quote a gay activist organization? Is that one of your "all believers do this" rule?

Oh, come on... You were just asking for someone to say something about that! I think that's why you posted it as your rebuttal in the first place. You want to be able to blame people for not agreeing with you, or not seeing your point of view, on: "Because you're a Christian."

Man! I think it's time you crow-barred that closed mind you have open and try seeing people for who they are - rather than judging them through your personal biases.

"Don't pretend this is because you're Christian. It's because you're an extremist and you would be treated exactly the same if you were hawking the Kabbala or the Gyuto Tantra. Is religion the acceptable resource in some cases? Absolutely. But in this situation neurology has already filled in the blanks. Be here, be Christian, but stop misleading people."

Offline idioteque

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
Well, whoever the last anon was thinks I'm quotable. Let's not stray from the issue. You presented a book that contains some obscure and extreme views, do you agree? And as my previously double-quoted statement asserts, it was the nature of those views rather than the source.

I'm going to be very ineloquent about this because I don't think it needs flowery language. Christianity is far from a terrible religion. It's merely that, a religion. There can be no doubt in anyone's mind that the humanitarian efforts of Christians the world over have improved the quality of life for countless people in developing nations. Moreover, the doctrine itself is famous for giving new hope to previously hopeless individuals.

It isn't your religion that was attacked for this book, because your religion (or the overwhelming majority of those who practise it) is not overtly concerned with "devilry" and other bogie-men that threaten its sanctity and that of those who follow it. This book is shit. Pure, fucking shit. But Christianity, the teachings of Jesus, and the Bible itself? For those they help, there can be no better.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »
Yes I do agree that the book does have what could be called extreme (or even radical) views. And despite all of this hassle over that suggestion - I did so because the topic reminded me of the book and vice-versa.

However, the topic, having sex with ghosts could also be called "obscure and extreme" too - which makes this back and forth all the more silly.

And I disagree when you say it wasn't my religion that was attacked. Everyone was treated with tolerance and respect for their suggestion, except of course, for me, who was specifically singled out on points of religion.

So whether you or I think the book is poo or not wasn't the point. It was to tell the poster about this book I read that reminded me of the topic and I left it up to the poster to decide whether they wanted to read the book or not.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »
You know, Anon - I've tried several times to respond and each time it turns into this long diatribe, so instead I will simply say this:

God is no respecter of persons. Sin is sin in God's eyes. This means that there is no level of misdemeanor or felony in God's kingdom because all sin is equal. Maybe you think a murderer is worse than a thief, or an adulterer, or especially someone who is impatient or unkind, but to God, they are all sinners! Sin is sin - no levels, no degrees - sin is sin to God!!

So you bring up Sodom and Gomorrah - but you know what I think of? The flood. Because sin is sin in God's eyes! Don't miss that point, Anon!

And last Anon, just for you - my absolute favorite Queer Nation quote:

"We're here! We're queer! We're NOT going skiing!"  :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2004, 02:33:00 AM »
This sex with ghosts chick is just a nut. Any undergraduate psychology student knows about this sleep condition. The fact that she rejects this tells me she's a nut. A normal person would say, "oh, so THAT'S what that is!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »
If you believe everything that the so called experts tell you in college, you are on the very bottom of the food chain so to speak.  Science has its place in human existence, but it is not the end all be all, and if you don't start questioning what science and educators tell you are absolutes, you will be left behind the next phase of humanity.

The lady may or may not be a nut, but you are ignorant to make such a statement about something you know nothing about.  Making absolute statements about something from the very little information that was given here is not even adequate science.  It is fear.  People are fearful to accept that there are things in this world that cannot be explained away through the scientific method.  

It's a new day people.  Get on board or you will not survive what the world has coming for us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »
As a diagnosed narcoleptic I experience Hypnogogic Hallucinations quite frequently and understand the scientific explanation for this phenomenon.  Its good to know there are plenty of people who can diagnose it when they see it.  For years I accepted that my hallucinations were just that, artificial stimuli triggered by my brain processes as a natural part of the sleep process.  I still accept that, but as a spiritual person I also believe they are more than that.  Spirituality and faith, regardless of the religion or beliefs, goes deeper and beyond scientific explanations.  This women believes in spirits and she believes that they are visiting her.  Explaining the phenomenon of sleep paralysis to her is one thing, but expecting her to give up her personal beliefs in place of taht explanation is simply the arrogance of you as individuals as well as the scientific community.  The pendulum is indeed swinging and I feel sorry for those of you who do not believe in anything beyond themselves.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex with Ghosts
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »
Thank you Anon.  You understand the deeper levels of the human condition that I feel are absolutely necessary to get us through the next 100 years.