Author Topic: Merging Programs  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« on: June 20, 2002, 11:39:00 AM »
During the end of my stay in Dallas, the facility in California shut down and they were all sent to our building.  Now, I am thinking this was an actual Straight Program, not a KIDS, but I wonder now if it actually was a KIDS.  Anyway.....I see now that lots of people were present for the merging of the Straights as they closed down.

Was it very difficult for you all to adjust to the way the other kids did things?  Like, I remember how much we all couldnt stand the kids from Cali because their rules were different and it threw our entire concept of "honesty" off kilter.  

I dont believe we dislike the actual kids themselves...just the way they did things mostly.  Did any of you who went through this experience the same frustrations?

For example...their definition of being aware was extremely loose.  We had to have eyes open and fixed on newcomers at all times...even if it meant walking backwards or feeling around with your hands for something.  They were allowed to turn their backs on them as long as they were in the same room.  To us, that was grounds for being a misbehaver almost....total dishonesty if you turned your back on a newcomer.....not that I dont think it is insane now...but then it was really hard to deal with....

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 11:43:00 PM »
The rules you had are the same rules we had in Plymouth MI. As a matter of fact some of (if not all) the staffers who started the CA. Straight were from MI. Remember any of the staff that went to TX? It was , by the way , a "Straight" when it opened. I'm not sure what it closed as.
   I fled MI. after I graduated so wouldn't get sat in group. I drove as far as I could until I hit the Pacific and damn if they didn't open a Straight right next door to where I used to get my crack. Whew!!!  2-Dogs

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2002, 08:41:00 AM »
I remember one Executive Staff guy that was kinda tall and had a bald area on the top of his head.  Kinda looked like a rat, with a pointy nose and stuff. Cant recall his name for the life of me, but I can hear his voice....kinda loud, I want to say New York accent, but here in Texas NY/Midwest all sounds the same you know!!  

I remember one 5th phase trainee named Jason Seagrest or Seaquest something like that.....I couldnt tell you anyone else....maybe if you spit off some names they might ring a bell....but truly, by that point our program was turned into a complete living hell (not that it wasnt before)and I dont recall much except for spending whole days at the building doing nothing but restraining people trying to run.  I say about (We had about 175 in our group all told)65 percent of our group turned non-compliant overnight....and there werent enough staff to physicaaly hold them down.  We even had newcomers restraining.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 02:39:00 PM »
That sounds like such fun!!!  The only person I can remember who went to CA. was my first knit-picky prick oldcomer. His name was Leonard Hey. I think thats how it is spelled. Dude used to report himself 6 times a day for having bad thoughts. And they put some unstable fucker like this in charge of children's lives!.....2-Dogs

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2002, 02:43:00 PM »
Yeah, my first oldcomer was a total head gamer.  And she always hated me.  She would report herself for thinking of thinking of having bad thoughts..

It took me three months to get to second phase because she kept voting me for T&R long after my other oldcomer began voting me for 2nd.  Bitch

Offline kellyfromdallas

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 01:13:00 PM »
I was in Dallas when the CA people came. I think my parents pulled me a few days later. I remember them suggesting more limiting rules in some cases. Like when you were talking about doing a certain drug, they weren't allowed to say the name of the drug. And they imposed that on us and the staff members ate it up.

As a group, we were all so conditioned to follow these very specific rules. I completely understand them saying, "that's not the way we do it." I mean, I deal with that at work every day from people who have come from other companies. It's just sad that we were compelled to impose and enforce idiotic rules on ourselves.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Merging Programs
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 07:29:00 PM »
Carmel, that skinny, rat faced staffer from Cali? Very near sighted and nearly always in a foul mood?

Hey Marnie, if you're reading, can I send along one of those pictures?

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-09-19 16:32 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 07:53:00 PM »
Yeah, he was kind of tall looked a bit older.  He rarely ever lead raps....he was one of the staff that lead the very first rap with our combined group.

He was pretty mean and kind of threatening.  He really bugged me.

Offline Jeff from Houston

• View Profile
Merging Programs
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »
I remember the merger too well. It was definitely a defined learning experience.

I grew to feel a strong compassion for those California Kids. I actually was very disappointed when the California Old Comers starting cracking & falling apart. When they got to Dallas they had Texas sized egos & thick skin & tough shells came off with in 3/4 weeks (I think). I knew my situation was bad just to be in hell. But my hell was only 5 hours down the road. They had Hell & 2000 miles to travel.....

[ This Message was edited by: Jeff from Houston on 2002-10-11 15:09 ]