Author Topic: I saw The Passion Of The Christ tonight  (Read 26405 times)

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
I saw The Passion Of The Christ tonight
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »
I've been waiting for proof or any evidence to come for about two months.  Noone's managed to meet GregFL's simple challenge.  Not One.

Great Postings.  Therion, didn't you post something really funny about Eclesiastes awhile back.  I can't find it, was looking for it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »
Down with entrophy? What system did he consider random and needing order? Or was he speaking out against the speed of chemical reactions? Or was this zealot a complete idiot with a problem with spelling? Somebody fill me in with the evils of entrophy.

Oh those demonic chemical reactions must be stopped.

Just kidding I assume there is some other definition of the word I am missing.  Or at least I hope there is.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »
Man-oh-man! HOW did I miss this thread?!!!

I thought you people were talking about the movie and I never noticed how long it got or even bothered to read it.

But wow! It was really interesting for 17 or 18 pages before it dwindled into a brief "I just" thread.

So you want "proof" Greg? Well gee - let's see what I can remember from 20 freaking pages?!!

The flood debate went on for awhile - the only thing I can add to this is that show - with Leonard Lemoy, 'In Search Of.' They found the Ark in Turkey on the mountain the Bible says it came to rest on: Mt. Ararat (probably spelled wrong by me) and they even got a piece of wood and tested it for age - and it's old  :lol: - seriously though, it's old enough to qualify.

Okay - what else? OH! Josephus. He's an historian who lived in the olden days - he was an official Roman historian and he has statements from the Governors and (mayors and  - whatever the Roman leaders of provinces and what-not were called) - that are mentioned in the Bible - discussing Jesus and his followers and his crucifixion - and even some time after said event. Go to the library and get the book. I believe I have the publication info. in a box upstairs if you need more. But that's authentic people who lived, who can be verified, etc. That's why they say the Bible can be used as an historical document, because where we say June 4, 2004 - they say, Joe Blow in the town of One in the county of Two in the state of three in the country of four - only they name the people who oversee those regions - which gives you a chain of evidence and a reality of authenticity and political/historical documentation. Get the book from the library - you'll see your "evidence" - at least for matching what the Bible says to what documented history says.

And what else? Oh! The Dead Sea Scrolls - also tested - also old enough and authenticated by multiple reknown archeaologists (spelling?) I could have sworn the Biblical A. Review and Time or Newsweek or somebody like that both did articles on the Scrolls - as well as the burial box they found recently. But the Scrolls are authentic - and they match the book of - Isaiah, I believe - exactly.

And then there's Biblical prophecy that's being fulfilled right now in the news - but, I digress.

I guess what it comes down to, Greg is that it really is your own personal quest. I certainly don't want to debate with you  :lol: but - aren't you in Florida? I just mentioned a ministry in St. Pete tonight. Godsnews .com or org or net I don't know but they could debate you intelligently. I bet they'd at least challenge you intellectually.

Well - that's my two cents. You wanted "proof" and I think Josephus is more along the lines of what you're looking for evidence man! Happy hunting!

Oh - and Scott David was it? Will you e-mail me? I'd like to chat with you!

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »
BUMFIGHTS...those 2 dirty hobos 5 posts back...thats bumfights right? they go around and pay homeless winos to fight and film it....thats fucking hilarious ahh heghe'
http://www2.bumfights.com/indecline/

DISCLAIMER - All people places and things in the above post are ficticious. Any resemblance to persons or things real or otherwise are purely coincidental.[ This Message was edited by: Triumvirate on 2004-06-04 23:22 ]
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »
On 2004-06-04 23:20:00, Triumvirate wrote:

"BUMFIGHTS...those 2 dirty hobos 5 posts back...thats bumfights right? they go around and pay homeless winos to fight and film it....thats fucking hilarious ahh heghe'

http://www2.bumfights.com/indecline/

You are the bum on the right, correct?

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »
No way Im fucking hot

Injected intravenously
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised[ This Message was edited by: Triumvirate on 2004-06-05 12:59 ]
Injected intravenously
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
Leigh, sorry to burst your bubble but the Josephine writings are proven frauds, that is, the writings that mention Jesus. They are inserted text.

The Show on TV with Mr Spock discussing Noah's Ark... wrong. Not evidence of the Ark at all. One is wise to view these type tv shows as entertainment and research further otherwise you may end up believing in supernatural Bigfoot, alien autospsies ,the moon landing is fabricated and a myriad of other nonsense.

The Dead sea scrolls contradict the bible. In fact, the scrolls provide evidence the Noahs ark fable predates the Bible and is part of an older religion that was, ahem...borrowed by Christianity. Still no evidence Jesus lived contained within them as they predate his life.

Care to go into deeper discussion on these three points you brought up?
And just as a point, I don't ask for proof of anything, just evidence so we can discuss it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »
Hello Scott.

I think you might enjoy some of the books and materials available here.

http://store.levitt.com/cgi-bin/perlsho ... =231391260

http://www.lamblion.com/Web10-03.php

You also might enjoy these sites:

http://www.ccmbuzz.com/modules.php?name ... wforum&f=5

http://www.jeremiahproject.com/newworld ... der03.html

I agree with you about The Passion. It was extreamly powerful and thought provoking.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »
On 2004-06-07 19:57:00, GregFL wrote:

"Leigh, sorry to burst your bubble but the Josephine writings are proven frauds, that is, the writings that mention Jesus. They are inserted text.

The Show on TV with Mr Spock discussing Noah's Ark... wrong. Not evidence of the Ark at all. One is wise to view these type tv shows as entertainment and research further otherwise you may end up believing in supernatural Bigfoot, alien autospsies ,the moon landing is fabricated and a myriad of other nonsense.

The Dead sea scrolls contradict the bible. In fact, the scrolls provide evidence the Noahs ark fable predates the Bible and is part of an older religion that was, ahem...borrowed by Christianity. Still no evidence Jesus lived contained within them as they predate his life.

Care to go into deeper discussion on these three points you brought up?

And just as a point, I don't ask for proof of anything, just evidence so we can discuss it.  

"

Actually most societies of that time were built around water supplies(for obvious reasons)and almost all have similar flood stories. So Noahs Arc is in no way original or the first of its kind.

Interestingly I was first told this by a priest. Go figure.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »
You are correct almost every major religion has a flood...a trinity...etc etc

The flood tale comes from the ancient Sumerians..the oldest civillization we know ...if I remember correctly..

Have read many many books on Theology, Theosophy, and cults...in fact I did almost nothing but study for 2 years..I guess I was looking for God..

I realized at 11 years old that Xtianity has too many holes in it...I havent believed in that religion since I was a small child and then only because I was brought up forced to go to church
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S