Author Topic: I just  (Read 484696 times)

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Re: I just
« Reply #4350 on: June 23, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »
Quote from: "groovy1634"
i just smoked TBPITW

:twofinger:  :twofinger:

Hey Groovy!  How goes it?   Hope all is well (and TBPITW-filled) with you and yours.......

Yer pal,

RTP2003
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MORE WEED NEWS.......
« Reply #4351 on: June 23, 2009, 08:20:17 PM »
LOS ANGELES --- A University of California researcher who has performed US-government sponsored studies of marijuana and lung function for over 30 years says that pot should be legal.

In an interview with the McClatchy newspaper chain, Donald Tashkin of the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, said: "[A]t this point, I'd be in favor of (marijuana) legalization. I wouldn't encourage anybody to smoke any substances. But I don't think it should be stigmatized as an illegal substance. Tobacco smoking causes far more harm. And in terms of an intoxicant, alcohol causes far more harm (than marijuana)."

Tashkin said that when he began his work thirty years ago, he "opposed ... legalization because [he] thought it would lead to increased use and that would lead to increased health effects." However, he now admits that his decades' worth of scientific research revealed an opposite conclusion.

In 2006, Tashkin led the largest population case-control study ever to assess the use of marijuana and lung cancer risk. The study, which included more than 2,200 subjects (1,212 cases and 1,040 controls), reported that marijuana smoking was not positively associated with cancers of the lung or upper aerodigestive tract – even among individuals who reported smoking more than 22,000 joints during their lifetime.

"What we found instead was no association and even a suggestion of some protective effect," Tashkin told the newspaper chain, noting that cannabinoids cause "cells [to] die ... before they age enough to develop mutations that might lead to cancer."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: MORE WEED NEWS.......
« Reply #4352 on: June 24, 2009, 09:42:24 AM »
Quote from: "Marijuana Prevents Cancer (it's true!)"
LOS ANGELES --- A University of California researcher who has performed US-government sponsored studies of marijuana and lung function for over 30 years says that pot should be legal.

In an interview with the McClatchy newspaper chain, Donald Tashkin of the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, said: "[A]t this point, I'd be in favor of (marijuana) legalization. I wouldn't encourage anybody to smoke any substances. But I don't think it should be stigmatized as an illegal substance. Tobacco smoking causes far more harm. And in terms of an intoxicant, alcohol causes far more harm (than marijuana)."

Tashkin said that when he began his work thirty years ago, he "opposed ... legalization because [he] thought it would lead to increased use and that would lead to increased health effects." However, he now admits that his decades' worth of scientific research revealed an opposite conclusion.

In 2006, Tashkin led the largest population case-control study ever to assess the use of marijuana and lung cancer risk. The study, which included more than 2,200 subjects (1,212 cases and 1,040 controls), reported that marijuana smoking was not positively associated with cancers of the lung or upper aerodigestive tract – even among individuals who reported smoking more than 22,000 joints during their lifetime.

"What we found instead was no association and even a suggestion of some protective effect," Tashkin told the newspaper chain, noting that cannabinoids cause "cells [to] die ... before they age enough to develop mutations that might lead to cancer."

Got a link to the study?   Gotta send this one to my mother...........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: June 25, 2009, 12:52:22 PM »
I just.............

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: June 26, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »
I just!

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: June 28, 2009, 02:58:16 AM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
Quote from: "groovy1634"
i just smoked TBPITW

:twofinger:  :twofinger:

Hey Groovy!  How goes it?   Hope all is well (and TBPITW-filled) with you and yours.......

Yer pal,

RTP2003

all is wellhere....good to see ya!!!!! i just........smoked TBPITW...yay!!!!

:rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rofl:  :rofl:
EOW  

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: June 29, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
Smoke marijuana and destroy the Straight that still exists inside your mind............

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: June 30, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »

This is great news---I think I will smoke TBPITW to celebrate!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
destroy the Straight that still exists inside your mind
« Reply #4358 on: July 01, 2009, 11:26:11 AM »
Sensimilla 4 all! :rasta:  :poison:  ;D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: July 01, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »
I just… don’t smoke out anymore, because each time I have (in recent tries); it makes me feel paranoid and overly stoned and all I want is to then be a lot less high.
It never used to affect me this way. Has something happened to it? I remember a time when the simple joy of it was to laugh, eat and fall asleep.
Now it’s a mind numbing existential couch odyssey. Something must’ve happened.

This last time was with a Brazilian cab driver (one hit). I paid the fare and took my leave 4 minutes later. The next morning it was like a raccoon had been in my kitchen. :eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: July 01, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
Quote from: "maybe not"
I just… don’t smoke out anymore, because each time I have (in recent tries); it makes me feel paranoid and overly stoned and all I want is to then be a lot less high.
It never used to affect me this way. Has something happened to it? I remember a time when the simple joy of it was to laugh, eat and fall asleep.
Now it’s a mind numbing existential couch odyssey. Something must’ve happened.

This last time was with a Brazilian cab driver (one hit). I paid the fare and took my leave 4 minutes later. The next morning it was like a raccoon had been in my kitchen. :eek:

Do you have any weed left that you do not plan on smoking?   I'd love to have a "mind numbing existential couch odyssey"............

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: July 02, 2009, 04:31:48 PM »
I just......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: July 06, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »
Smoke marijuana and destroy the Straight that still exists inside your mind..........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: July 06, 2009, 06:49:10 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: July 07, 2009, 08:05:43 PM »
I just smoked a bowl of TBPITW.