Author Topic: I just  (Read 484791 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Aspirin more dangerous than pot
« Reply #4140 on: October 15, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »
When Bayer introduced aspirin in 1899, cannabis was America’s number one painkiller. Until marijuana prohibition began in 1937, the US Pharmacopoeia listed cannabis as the primary medicine for over 100 diseases. Cannabis was such an effective analgesic that the American Medical Association (AMA) argued against prohibition on behalf of medical progress. Since the herb is extremely potent and essentially non-toxic, the AMA considered it a potential wonder drug.

Instead, the invention of aspirin gave birth to the modern pharmaceutical industry and Americans switched away from cannabis in the name of “progress.” But was it really progress? There can be no doubt that aspirin has a long history as the drug of choice for the self-treatment of migraines, arthritis, and other chronic pain. It is cheap and effective. But is it as safe as cannabis?

History:

Marijuana has been used for over 5,000 years.
No one has ever overdosed on marijuana.
Aspirin has been used for 108 years.
Approximately 500 people die every year by taking aspirin
The Law:

Marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug, meaning the US government believes it is extremely dangerous, highly addictive, and of no medical value.
Aspirin is available for pennies and can be purchased by children at any drug, grocery, or convenience store. Often they are just handed out free by people with no medical education.
Marijuana side effects and dangers:

The dangers of marijuana include possible respiratory problems caused by the deposition of burnt plant material on the lungs. This danger can be eliminated with alternate forms of consumption such as eating or vaporizing the medicine.
For two to four hours, marijuana causes short-term memory loss, a slight reduction in reaction time, and a reduction in cognitive ability. (It makes you stupid for a little while.)These conditions DO NOT persist after the herb wears off.

Hunger
Paranoia
Depression
Laughter
Introspection
Creative Impulse
Euphoria
Tiredness
Forgetfulness
Aspirin side effects and dangers:

When taken with alcohol, aspirin can cause stomach bleeding.
Reye Syndrome in children: fat begins to develop around the liver and other organs of the child, eventually putting severe pressure on the brain. Death is common within a few days.
People with hemophilia can die.
People with hyperthyroidism suffer elevated T4 levels.
Stomach problems include dyspepsia, heartburn, upset stomach, stomach ulcers with gross bleeding, and internal bleeding leading to anemia.
Dizziness, ringing in the ears, hearing loss, vertigo, vision disturbances, and headaches.
Heavy sweating
Irreversible liver damage
Inflamation and gradual destruction of the kidneys
Nausea and vomiting
Abdominal pain
Lethargy
Hyperthermia
Dyspepsia: a gnawing or burning stomach pain accompanied by bloating, heartburn, nausea, vomiting and burping.
Tachypnea: Abnormally fast breathing
Respiratory Alkalosis: a condition where the amount of carbon dioxide found in the blood drops to a level below normal range brought on by abnormally fast breathing.
Cerebral Edema: Water accumulates on the brain. Symptoms include headaches, decreased level of consciousness, loss of eyesight, hallucinations, psychotic behavior, memory loss and coma. If left untreated, it can lead to death.
Hallucinations, confusion, and seizure.
Prolonged bleeding after operations or post-trauma for up to 10 days after last aspirin.
Aspirin can interact with some other drugs, such as diabetes medication. Aspirin changes the way the body handles these drugs and can lead to a drug overdose and death.
If you think that cannabis is actually safer than aspirin, you are not alone. In October 2000, Dr. Leslie Iversen of the Oxford University Department of Pharmacology said the same thing.

In her book, ‘The Science of Marijuana,’ Dr. Iversen presents the scientific evidence that cannabis is, by-and-large, a safe drug. Dr. Iversen found cannabis had “an impressive record” when compared to tobacco, alcohol, or even aspirin.

“Tetrahydrocannabinol is a very safe drug,” she said. “Even such apparently innocuous medicines as aspirin and related steroidal anti-inflammatory compunds are not safe.”

So if safety is your concern, cannabis is clearly a much better choice than aspirin. If you eat it or vaporize it, it just might be the safest painkiller the world has ever known.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Re: gethighgethighgethighgethighgethighgethighgethighgethighgeth
« Reply #4141 on: October 16, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »
Quote from: "RTP2k3"
Quote from: "groovy1634"
Quote from: "RTP smoke spot"
Hey Groovy!  How's things?  Stoned I hope!

btw, I just smoked a bong hit or ten of The Best Pot In The World.

good thanks.....staying high

Cool!  Stay high, stay free!

I think it's time to smoke a little grass and laugh about Miller Newton's recent heart attack.  Never knew that a cardiac arrest could bring so much joy into the world!

Iv'e gotta say it....can't hold back.....tounge hurts from bitring............KARMA'S A REAL BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O0  O0  O0  O0  O0
EOW  

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Re: smoke marijuana for sanity
« Reply #4142 on: October 16, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
Quote from: "WEED is GOOD 4U"
Smoked out from the ol' bong last night, it was great.  I'd been stressing all day long, then the enlightened state gifted to me by marijuana helped me get my mind off the needless stress.

I really think that smoking pot helps me deal with the PTSD from being abused at Straight, Inc.

Hit a couple of tokes today at lunch, marijuana takes me to an island of sanity in an unsane, if not insane, world.

right there with you.......sure has been working great for me.....have a groovy day....

:rasta:  :rasta:
EOW  

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
smokeweedsmokeweedsmokeweedsmokeweedsmokeweedsmokeweedsmokew
« Reply #4143 on: October 16, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »
Oh, I will, Groovy, I will........and it'll be even groovier once I get to smoke out on a few bong loads of sweet Mary Jane.... :rasta:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I love smoking pot!
« Reply #4144 on: October 17, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »
Smoking weed helps me cope with PTSD from Straight, Inc.  It will help your mindfuck, too.  Get high on marijuana today and check out the difference.  After a few weeks, you will notice that your symptoms have disappeared.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pot is good for you
« Reply #4145 on: October 18, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
I am very high on The Best Pot In The World.

Maybe we should plant some weed on Miller Newton's grave so that at least a little good can come from his having been on Earth.

Then again, there might be "Newton molecules" in pot grown on his grave, it might not be a good idea to smoke it........

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Re: Pot is good for you
« Reply #4146 on: October 18, 2008, 04:30:52 PM »
Quote from: "Dope Rider"
I am very high on The Best Pot In The World.

Maybe we should plant some weed on Miller Newton's grave so that at least a little good can come from his having been on Earth.

Then again, there might be "Newton molecules" in pot grown on his grave, it might not be a good idea to smoke it........

That was funny.....

:jerry:
EOW  

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: I just
« Reply #4147 on: October 25, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
I just smoked a few bowls of The Best Pot In The World.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: October 25, 2008, 12:20:35 PM »
Smoking Pot Is Good For You.
Why yes, yes it is!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: November 01, 2008, 11:48:13 AM »
I smoke pot.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: November 07, 2008, 05:01:28 PM »
I just.......

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: November 08, 2008, 01:13:28 AM »
Quote from: "Cloud Awareness"
I just.......

smoked TBPITW....yay

:roflmao:  :jamin:  :jamin:  :jamin:
EOW  

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: November 11, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »
Good to see ya, Groovy!

Hey weed fans..........I just smoked a bowl of TBPITW!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: November 18, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »
I just............

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: November 18, 2008, 03:23:03 PM »
I just.......and I can't wait to do it again!!!!!