Author Topic: allright..so crucify me for this one...  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
allright..so crucify me for this one...
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »
Right...my point exactly..
Oh, nevermind...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline smack

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »
If anyone came to these sites and didn't understand that people are here to express themselves then they probabily couldn't or wouldn't help anyway. The truth is the truth, you guys shouldn't always worry about wha people may think of you. I say laugh it up disgrace those who need to be accountable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »
If you think that the way to make an impression, and get attention towards this enormous issue, is to be disgusting, and perverse, you've got a lot to learn about life.

I'm personally sick and tired of reading about sodomey and the like. Reading the posts here would leave anyone with the impression that the people who post here are moraless, tackless, mental cases, with sick twisted stupid sences of humor!

Haven't we had a hard enough time getting people to even hear our story?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

On 2004-02-19 10:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

moraless, tackless, mental cases, with sick twisted stupid sences of humor!

Who can't spell either

Offline Idreamofnewtonsburning

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »
If you think that the way to make an impression, and get attention towards this enormous issue, is to be disgusting, and perverse, you've got a lot to learn about life.

--Yeah you're right...I've never heard of Howard Stern, Larry Flynt, even Lenny Bruce or anybody using shock value to grab someone's attention to a larger issue.  Attempts at censorship usually begin with attitudes like yours.  Somebody thinks that what someone else has to say is offensive or potentially offensive, so it shouldn't be said.  Pretty soon you can't read anything but the Bible until 3rd pase, and you better not listen to 98 Rock even then.

I'm personally sick and tired of reading about sodomey and the like

--Nothing depicted in any of the posts was any more disgusting than the everyday routine and occurances at Straight Inc. when I was there in 1982.   I know of cases of rape that occured to inmates of both sexes.  Besides, Miller deserves it.

the people who post here are moraless, tackless, mental cases, with sick twisted stupid sences of humor!

--I may lack morals, making me amoral.  I prefer the term "ethics", indicating self-restraint, to the term "morals" meaning restraints placed by others.

Did you mean tactless?  Maybe I am, but not as tactless as some people at places I have been held against my will under the guise of "therapy".

Sick, twisted, stupid sense of humor? Guilty as charged, Your Honor, I think the whole thing is funny as hell.

:wave:
dreamofnewtonsburning uses and endorses TBPITW

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »
1)I think graphic descriptions of rape are just a bad idea, period, and hurtful to a lot of people. People here, knowing what they do about PTSD, should know this. And I think people who find it hurtful are a lot less likely to say something than people who find it funny. I think it's sad if we do things to hurt each other here, where we're all dealing with how much Straight hurt us.

2)I still think you have the right to post that shit.

3)No cause has ever been helped by trying to appear "respectable" to the enemy or to fence-sitters, as far as I know...that usually leads to selling out (I am NOT calling anyone a sell-out, just stating my opinion on the way things usually progress).

4)Parents who are considering Straight-like treatment centers for their children should see these posts, simply for the nice contrast to "Before the program I just did what my druggie will told me and I got a C- in algebra and and I argued all the time but now I have self-esteem and a higher power and my family relationship is wonderful" etc.

Offline Mamma Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »
That was me, I forgot to log in before I started writing.

Offline The Devil Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: The Devil Therion on 2004-02-19 15:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: The Devil Therion on 2004-02-21 14:40 ]
never \"try\" anything...I just do it..
Wanna try me?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
If you think that the way to make an impression, and get attention towards this enormous issue, is to be disgusting, and perverse, you've got a lot to learn about life. etc...

You make some damned good points here, IDNB.

You call yourself the Moral Majority
We call ourselves the people in the real world
Trying to rub us out, but we're going to survive
God must be dead if you're alive

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »
I respect everyones response here.....I would like to agree on one point especially...feelings need to be expressed, no doubt.  And we all have the right to express them.  Just like to keep in mind that this board, like everything in life, is a complex working structure....and unfortunately, the same rules of reality apply to it.  There is no one right answer...its just some food for thought, everyone can do a little bit in keeping in mind who may come across this place and maybe changing it up a little.... thats all.

I have more to say but gotta run for my beebee!

to be continued...
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »
Carmel:

You are savvy and understand public opinion but there are too many (by now) 30 -40 year old juveniles who as straight taught will never mature.  They are still floating BS around trying to play BMOC and impress each other.  You got a losing battle trying to make them understand rational thought.  

In early February and March of 81 there was a guy leading most Open meetings.  Dark hair and stocky build....anybody remember who he was.  He was Miller's pride and joy........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »
Richard Knowles?  or maybe, Bret Patterson?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »
They are still floating BS around trying to play BMOC and impress each other. You got a losing battle trying to make them understand rational thought.

Oh, hey there mr/mrs intelligence..since you're so much smarter than the rest of us, why don't you elaborate a little...BMOC..yeah that really says a lot about what we were talking about. You're a dope.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
On 2004-02-23 19:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"there are too many (by now) 30 -40 year old juveniles who as straight taught will never mature.  They are still floating BS around trying to play BMOC and impress each other.  You got a losing battle trying to make them understand rational thought.  

I'm going to make this as succinct and concise as possible: Fuck you.   Shut up, puppetboy.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic