Author Topic: A new book on the Troubled Teen Industry  (Read 2793 times)

dragonfly

A new book on the Troubled Teen Industry
« on: December 04, 2014, 07:07:36 PM »

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
Re: A new book on the Troubled Teen Industry
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »
Wow -  Institutionalized Persuasion, By Marcus Chatfield-  just Wow

I just got this book - it is unbelievably  well written - a well defended thesis.

It is a must read for all program survivors - seriously - and it is also a must  read for those advocates that were not in any program.

Marcus Chatfield has written a book that delves into the history, the how's , the who's and the whys as it pertains to these destructive  coercive programs that existed and still exist in todays society.

Every Judge , Education consultant,  social worker and psychologist   should read this book before they even begin to tell parents what they should do -or are going to do  with their  children. Mr.  Chatfield has clearly laid  out that this  is not the answer,- nor should it have ever been the answer- in dealing with children and issues pertaining to children's welfare.

Marcus Chatfield  has added another tool that can be used  by those who are trying to expose and shut down this abhorrently cruel " troubled teen industry" .

This book proves that what program survivors of "any program"  went thru wasn't therapy - it was in fact  torture- and it is sick , inhumane and criminal  that these practices are still used today, in this scam of an industry. ( Shame on the Federal Department of Justice  for allowing this to continue ).   

This book is so good that I will be reading it again and probably again - it validates  program survivor's  stories of the insanity that we went thru, and explains things in such a way that it will touch each and every  survivor on a very personal level.

Again an unbelievably well written book - that lays out the sickness of these "programs ", with a  clinical bent   , yet written   so  that every  person who will read  the book , Institutionalized Persuasion,   can  understand  - simply an amazing book .

Thank you Marcus Chatfield.

peace and Wow (again)

Matt Hoffman
Elan survivor  '74 to '76   
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:45:53 PM by Matt C. Hoffman »

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Re: A new book on the Troubled Teen Industry
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 01:39:37 AM »
It sucks that more people aren't studying this book, and the concepts it brings up. Unless you are a social scientist who happens to be interested in institutionalized reprogramming efforts (still ongoing) in North America, you're probably not that interested in being confronted with such topics incongruous with your view of human rights. I hope to bride the gap, and every time I think I'm getting through, the title of this book gets written down and put into someone's pocket. Let's hope the few, the strong, the open-minded get wind of Institutionalized Persuasion, by Marcus Chatfield.
Thisreally is an important view into a little conceived, but no less important, subject.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange