Author Topic: "Net Neutrality"  (Read 17011 times)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
"Net Neutrality"
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »
Yea or nay? Why? Why not?

.. 8)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: "Net Neutrality"
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:43:15 PM »
Well it sure sounds like a good thing...

What do we know about it?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:34:58 AM »
I think most of the readers here would agree that the "Net Neutrality" Act will do nothing to improve the quality of communication on the internet.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:40:09 AM »
The FCC is refusing to release the 332 page document to the public. They will regulate ISP's as "public service utilities," which will give the FCC power to regulate internet content. Well, the Patriot Act and the Affordable Care Act both sounded good at first....

As for the internet as it is right now, WHAT REALLY NEEDS TO BE CHANGED??

No doubt these regulations are an attempt to control the flow of information and free speech. These new regulations will place the internet under the same Title II licensing that require broadcasting to be licensed by the FCC! It's amazing to me that anyone -- especially PROGRAM SURVIVORS, who really ought to know better -- would think for a minute that this is good in any way, shape, or form! Please step up now and speak your mind, the silence is deafening!

dragonfly

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:04:56 PM »

dragonfly

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:09:33 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:23:08 PM »
If Verizon is against it, it's obviously a good idea.

No, the FCC is not going to use this to censor content.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:08 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:39:33 PM by Froderik »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 10:15:49 AM »
No, the FCC is not going to use this to censor content.

To say the least, this is a pretty naive statement.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 07:51:13 PM »
What do you think would happen if they tried? They know this. So they're not dumb enough to do it.

Huxley over Orwell.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »
What do you think would happen if they tried? They know this. So they're not dumb enough to do it.

Huxley over Orwell.

Interesting point; I see elements of both Huxley and Orwell in this society....

What would happen? Things are already happening; did you check out my post on the Troubled Teen Industry forum about CIA black sites?

Aside from owning the corporate media and using it to lie, spin, disseminate propaganda (and related false flags), they use "mission creep" to gradually push their agendas at home and abroad. The NDAA has a clause that actually allows the government to use propaganda on the people (If you don't believe this, I understand, but you can look it up.) Hell, you really needn't look any further than 9/11 (and the Patriot Act), or the Affordable Care Act for perfect examples of the deception consistently at play.

The last thing the internet needs, especially right now, is governmental control and regulation...yet I think it got passed. Do you really see much wrong with the internet the way it is now that needs their 'fixing'? They also want to start requiring licenses for journalists so that only the "approved" journalists have a voice on the internet (see the bill proposed by Diane Feinstein not too long ago.) Hey, if they really want to fix something, how about making it illegal for the NSA to spy on us? They don't need to, really, because that violates the Constitution to begin with...but THAT would be an improvement that could be made....

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »
Sigh, the NDAA "propaganda clause"? Really? All that did was allow the Broadcasting Board of Governors to distribute its stuff to Americans.

The VoA and other BBG material are less propagandic than the stuff already on television (which I stopped watching years ago). It's another flavor of PBS and will probably get just as much attention. Forbidding the government to say certain things to its own people might have been fine in 1948 but makes absolutely no sense in the Internet age.

Seriously, read Voice of America webpages, and then read MSNBC and Fox News pages. Who exactly is propagandizing here?

Also, the whole concept of this argument is ridiculous; the existence of the Department of Education gives the government an easy inroad with which to propagandize the entirety of public school-going youth. Think International PBS can possibly be less effective than that?!

That reminds me, I have to check out RT and Al Jazeera America to read the stories that American news outlets won't print...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:41:21 PM by Pile of Dead Kids »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 04:52:04 PM »
Well I don't know... absurd as it is, a clause stating that it's permissible for the government to use propaganda on the people (not to mention detaining people without due process!) is a little weird. I agree it is ridiculous; it's about as silly as setting up a "free speech zone," but they've tried to do that, too... A lot of things seem to indicate that they PTB are getting a wee bit worried about social unrest on the "domestic front," what with the de-dollarization of the world reserve currency, insane debt to a private institution (forget about a "ceiling," the roof is on fire!), and the imminent collapse that will inevitably follow. "All eyes on the stock market! Keep the gold prices smacked down! Tell them it's worthless while we stockpile it! Get those hedge funds buying up the real estate! Let's make it look good, so that the masses believe we're in a recovery! Expand that bubble!!"

Shall we mention the militarization of local police forces? The buffer zones around gov't buildings? Laws making it illegal to protest within certain distances of government officials? Attempt after attempt to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment? I'm sure you're up on all of this...How about the fact that the big banks are now referring to depositors as "creditors"? Why even HAVE a bank account right now?

I stopped watching the "idiot box" a long while ago as well, save the occasional viewing to see what kind of crap they try to push on it, and I couldn't agree with you more about Fox, NBC, etc. (of course, you might have gathered as much already from my statement about the corporate media being owned.)

I completely agree that public (and maybe most private) education consists of glorified propaganda...

Those are good news sources that you mentioned...

One thing: You didn't comment at all on the CIA black site in Chicago. As a program survivor, surely you find that troubling. Anyone should really, survivor or not, as we might as well be in Soviet Russia with that going on... and you know there have to be other ones (in this country, that is; we already know there are several CIA black sites in other countries) that haven't been outed yet. Thousands of people were out protesting in Homan Square.. Did the media cover it? I seriously doubt it, yet this is the reality.