Author Topic: FOI request about Elan  (Read 16419 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FOI request about Elan
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:28:20 PM »
Never realized you had to pay for a FOIA request, but I guess it makes a little sense given they have to go through and find all the documents and make copies of them.

And 1974 to 2011, that's going to be a shitload of paper.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:56:21 AM »
I wonder who this person is and why they're willing to spend the money?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »
About Us

Cofounder Michael Morisy is an award-winning journalist who has had worked featured in Business 2.0, the New England Center for Investigative Journalism, New York Daily News and many other national and local publications. He can be reached at [email protected].

News Editor Tom Nash was among the earliest MuckRock users, while serving as editor of hyperlocal news website Post Somerville. He can be reached at [email protected].

Looks like he's a journo of some sort.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »
I've already contacted him. The documents he got don't amount to anything. Could that be all they have? Is there another agency who would have been in charge of investigating Elan?

Honestly, I don't know why I bother asking questions that no one will see. Being banned from new posts is more than avoiding Elan annoyances, it kicked survivors out of this community. There were no rules during the time, and there are thousands of Elan survivors who didn't participate in it. There are many who will never find this forum. You guys are punishing people you've never met.

Finding this place made my life worse, but there are some who may find healing and they won't have to suffer because the attacks will not be tolerated.

I've admitted my part in all of this and make no excuses or apologies for any of it. There were no rules. I'm not asking for myself, ban me for all I care, actually, why not ban the offending people? You've kept us and pretty much locked out the ones who did nothing

I ask that the moderators please allow this forum in new posts. I can assure you'll not have a problem from me, and from what I've seen so far, I don't foresee a problem from anyone else

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:53:24 PM »
Honestly, I don't know why I bother asking questions that no one will see. Being banned from new posts is more than avoiding Elan annoyances, it kicked survivors out of this community. There were no rules during the time, and there are thousands of Elan survivors who didn't participate in it. There are many who will never find this forum. You guys are punishing people you've never met.

Finding this place made my life worse, but there are some who may find healing and they won't have to suffer because the attacks will not be tolerated.

I've admitted my part in all of this and make no excuses or apologies for any of it. There were no rules. I'm not asking for myself, ban me for all I care, actually, why not ban the offending people? You've kept us and pretty much locked out the ones who did nothing

I ask that the moderators please allow this forum in new posts. I can assure you'll not have a problem from me, and from what I've seen so far, I don't foresee a problem from anyone else

Have you spoken with Psy directly?  It sounds like there is a permissions issue within the phpbb3 control panel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 08:49:31 AM »
Posts in this forum don't show in the new posts. That way none of the other members have to soiil themselves by reading them. All for the actions of a few during a time those actions were not against the rules because there were none.

I don';t know how to contact psy directly, but if this bias is to continue, I would like my profile deleted. If the moderators want us out, then get us out. This is insulting and blames us for the inactions of the moderators of the past

Oh, BTW, Psy can't see this because we're segregated and herded into the Elan forum ghetto, where the world doesn't have to be bothered by us

Second BTW, the only person banned so far is a seedling, why not banish them all to hell?

This stinks and it's prejudice.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »
So you won't even try to get it fixed by sending psy a polite request to change the permissions?

That's pretty weak wayne.

Send the man a message and stop crying.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
He's the one who turned it off. I'll send him a pm and you guys have a nice life.

I stated a complaint with a valid point. There was no crying involved, but you went straight for the program shit. Insult, degrade, belittle anything that you don't like.

This place is now a cesspool with rules

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
It's a state of affairs you contributed to in a major way, you can't complain about it when you played a part in creating the problem.

Read up on Epictetus, one of his foundational ideas runs along the lines that isn't the idea or action that is the problem but the opinion of an idea or thing that is the problem. The new post thing is what it is, that isn't a problem, it's your opinion of it and attempting to control another person when their actions and opinions aren't yours to control. Change your opinion and it'll no longer be a problem.

And you need to be very clear, when did this new post thing get changed and when did you send a pm about it. This lack of clarity seems duplicitous on your part as I'm fairly sure the facts of the matter are already at my fingertips. As is such, you are at best being overly dramatic and throwing a tantrum just for the sake of throwing a tantrum.

That's a child's way out Wayne, grow up, learn patience, and be persistent in working towards the things you want.

I leave this to you as this is yours and it isn't mine. What is mine concerns me and what is yours does not.

good luck to you.

Offline Troublemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »
When did Elan forum posts get kicked out of New Posts? Sorry Che but I agree with Wayne. This is fucked up. Prior to the new moderation the worst forum was The Seed  with Enash and ?????? flooding the place. Why are they excluded from the equasion?

As far as this forum is concerned you should have kicked Danny and Art out a long time ago. They turned this into what it became. You allowed former staff members to mock, threaten and harass the same people they abused, and then beat up the victims

I have no interest in contacting psy or anyone else to change this. The fact it was done shows that you're not fit to moderate here. And don't give me that garbage that Elan survivors are the worst. I've seen enough over the years to know that is a lie

You don't need to delete my account. I'll never come back here.
The troubled teen industry is ineffective because advocates are after money, fame or are as abusive as the programs they\'re fighting

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
And as a summing up for all you late readers..

Had wayne just asked Psy would have changed, I know this because after wayne refused to do it himself after I suggested it on this thread, i asked psy.

Now, my suggestion to a rational/lucid/coherent person who isn't looking to score cheap points on a forum that is more or less a ghost town due to the never ending drama of a bunch of broken individuals who are more or less incapable of functioning as adults (wayne, danny, and 3/4ths of the Elan community), my suggestion is if you aren't one of these types... ask Psy nicely and he'll probably adjust the settings.

It's real simple folks.

Don't be a drama queen and you'll get so much farther with people.