Author Topic: Anybody like drinking beer and listening to Pink Floyd?  (Read 6726 times)

Offline LESTAT49203

• View Profile
Anybody like drinking beer and listening to Pink Floyd?
« on: July 01, 2001, 06:26:30 AM »
Here I go again!  Thats right, Iam drinking beer and listening to "Pink Floyd"!  (Comfortably numb)    God it is so nice being able to do this without being afraid of a set back!  With out the head games!  It took awhile after I was asked to leave before I was able to enjoy my life again without hesitation.   At least 2 Days!  No seriously, it took a week or two.  How long did it take you?  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline LESTAT49203

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2001, 05:53:47 AM »
Re: Anybody like drinking beer and listening to Pink Floyd?
Hey Iam tired of worring about what would be proper!!!!   Iam not proper!!!!!!!!  I party!!!!!!!!!!  lol   Its so sad I have to evan post this.  We are all so worried about being labled a screw up that we cant evan admit we are normal people.  And the ones that havent partyied over all these years are the ones I really worry about.  Can you imagine being stuck in that frame of mind for so long?   I was talking to a friend of mind tonight and realized something that maybe none of you ever thought about.  Or never were made aware of.  There was never an intake that was turned away!  If your parents brought you for a confrence.  You were a new comer the next you knew.  Thats how the bills got paid people!  We werent special, druggie, or anything!  We were all accepted because our parents had insurance, or the courts order us there because our parents had insurance.!  Think about it!  Look back at the whole thing without your Rose Colored Glasses!

Well Iam here to set the story "STRAIGHT"!!!!!  lol  I was on staff and we were alll taught that any intake was a good intake!  It didnt matter if you did drugs or thought about doing drugs.  You were going to be a member of our private group!!!!!!!!  You paid our bills!!!!!!   Sorry, don"t get your  hopes up.  We didn't give a shit about you!

Sorry I was so blunt up there.  But its the truth

Offline angel714

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »
I LOVE IT
HEY THERE LESTAT.........I ADMIRE YOUR BLUNTNESS..IT IS NICE TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY ONES LIFE STYLE WITHOUT THE INSULTS, HUMILIATION, AND LABELING.........KEEEP ON DOING WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY........ROCK ON BABY!!!!!!!!   ANGIE

Offline sullyceltic

• View Profile
    • http://www.nba.com/celtics
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »
yes lestat, i like to party too.

i like to get together with my friends,

watch the red sox win, or the yankees

lose, and drink some frozen margaritas.

i like to being hanging out with a nice girl,

listening to some van morrisson, drinking some

white wine. yes! doesn't get much better than that!

i couldn't agree more with you on the "no intake is a bad

intake" thing too. when i was in straight newengland, there

were so many kids who came through there that should never have been in that place. scottm could verify this too.

we had money, that's what they wanted - that's what everybody wants! (did you see the three signings that the

colorado avalanche just made yesterday!!!! this whole

world is based on the almighty dollar)

that's why, to get away from all of the insanity, i likr to be

with my best of friends, bill, liz, julia, alex, dana - all of them - on a sunday night, drinking margarita's at the margarita place down the street, enjoying the summer night.

it is right then and there that i am living my life. i am not working, no one is telling me what to do, and most importantly, i am with the people that care about me the most - who i care about the most as well.

now THAT is what MY life is all about!

(sorry for the emotion, LOL)

[email protected]

Offline KimberlyNJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2001, 11:10:18 PM »
partying without guilt
In the beginning I stayed sober...then felt strange saying I was an alcoholic in meetings, and didn't feel right being there.  

I left.  

The thing I explained to Newton when he asked me about 8 months ago if I was doing what I had to to stay sober, was, I'm not sober in YOUR eyes...but alcohol and drugs doesn't rule my life.  I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of telling him I smoked pot once in a while, but drink?  Oh, yeah.  In fact, I'm going out tonight with a couple friends that I haven't seen in about 4 years!  It's not a matter of "being a druggie" anymore.  It's a matter of living my life and just having fun!  

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2001, 02:29:50 AM »
Actually, Lestat, I was going to say that I prefer some good trippy buzz weed with my Floyd. But I'm already embroiled in a really nasty, ugly battle over on Kids of Elpaso forum and likely to start one on Straight Alumni. http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/pimp.gif' alt=':hat'>

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html'>Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TallyR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2001, 01:19:34 AM »
Trippy buzz weed . . .
I think mj is a soft drug . . . kinda like a soft drink

Offline Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »
Uh,  I don't like beer,......
But I love the music and most of the other drugs associated with it.  

It took five years to the day (9/3/83-9/3/8 >http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/glasses.gif' alt='8)'>  for me to kick back with a joint and enjoy myself again.  I tried drinking but that and the coccaine just don't work that well for me.  I smoke lots of pot and take acid, extasy and many other hallucinogens on a pretty regular basis.  My only bitch is that I am tired of having to party next to dumpsters when I am out.  Wouldn't it be much nicer to come home smelling of good buds than cigarettes after a night at the bar?

Scott

Straight Inc  83-85

Offline spooky316

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2001, 10:11:37 PM »
Re: Uh,  I don't like beer,......
Sounds like a good time to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TallyR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2001, 11:41:12 PM »
Uh, I don't like beer
Guys - y'all must have a great deal more brain cells that I do.  Smoke grass occasionally, but as I age (I'm 40) I have more problems w/short term memory.  Never tried the ex, but cid kinda cooked my head when I was kid.   I did enjoy the stuff, but I guess I'm just an old guy now.  Be careful . . . from what I hear (maybe it's just propaganda) ex can be bad for you.  But, hey I don't really believe the "powerless" stuff.  If you can do it and function, more power to you.   Guess I don't have the inclination anymore.  

Offline jetandra30

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2001, 05:39:32 AM »
I don't believe in moderation
An old girlfriend of mine once said "Balance but never moderation".  I agree fully.  There is a time to work, a time to play, I time to sow, a time to reap, etc. I choose to do whatever I'm doing 100%!  When its time to relax and party, do it!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2001, 02:02:57 AM »
Further...
I don't believe in seperating work and pleasure. Oh, I believe it's practiced, don't get me wrong. But I've never seen it practiced with great joy and success. Do what you like best, get good at it and then research the market for your services.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html'>Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse

Offline j

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2001, 12:21:19 PM »
work and pleasure
I really like to read books.  Constantly.  I also like to eat while I am reading.  If anyone would like to pay me to do this, please let me know.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2001, 07:35:28 PM »
Re: work and pleasure
You could be a book reviewer or researcher, librarian or get involved in book-selling. At the very lease, set yourself up an Amazon associates account and throw out links to titles with your associates ID every time you cite, quote or recomend one. You might also set up a page or few with links, cover art and reviews for a bunch of books and throw a link to that into your signature file. I don't make great piles of money from my Amazon account, but it's basically something for nothing every once in awhile. Usually take the kids out for ice-cream or something when it hits.

Offline j

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2001, 12:00:40 PM »
re: work and pleasure
Hmmn, never heard of that.  So if your link sends people to the Amazon site, or if they go there and then also order the book, you get a cut?  I would feel a little funny about "selling" while I am speaking, for example, if in my posts here I link the book titles to Amazon.  That is an interesting idea though about setting up my own book review website.