Author Topic: E-book: Janice's journey  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
E-book: Janice's journey
« on: June 14, 2013, 04:25:36 AM »
Years ago an European teenager was on holiday visiting her American-born mother ending up in wilderness program due to her mother's dislike of her European Lifestyle. This is her story about how she survived the ordeal and made it back to Europe.

Link: Janice's journey (Movellas)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: E-book: Janice's journey
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:59:19 AM »
Just finished Janice's book. A rather compelling story that we've heard too many times. Mormons,polygamists,child slave camps,and militia groups. I guess that's all Utah is good for.  
And Oscar, her english syntax is even worse than yours. But thank you for posting this.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: E-book: Janice's journey
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »
Enough of alcohol.

I believe that the most important question this novel answers is the question whether Hans Christian Andersen or Henrik Pontoppidan was right.

As you properly know if your parents told "The Ugly Duckling" to you the lesson learned is that you can become the finest of the finest in your society regardless of where you was born or who your parents were.

But the viewpoint of Henrik Pontoppidan is that you cannot escape your social heritage. Here is a link to Eagle's Flight where the Eagle try to be an Eagle but return home and ends being caught up between the lessons from Childhood and the life an Eagle should have.

I believe Janice answers the question who of those two famous authors were right with the choices she makes once she return to Denmark.