Author Topic: Phoenix House/Marathon House  (Read 6667 times)

dragonfly

Re: Phoenix House/Marathon House
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 12:05:21 AM »
Thanks Dethgurl, that link nails it. The conversations/comments below the article, though a few years old are very interesting. Well we once again got what we asked for Dragonfly, more reading and investigating. Are you really going to email Maia. Because if you are I won't. Just be duplicating. Please post the results (of your conversation) if it is not asking to much.

dragonfly

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 12:53:27 AM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
I just sent her an email, through the Help at any Cost website....

I'll put it up here if I hear any thing

Also I bumped some old threads on the SEED forum like I was told to....

Thanks!!

dragonfly

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
I got an email back from Maia, she said Art Barker told reporters he had been to Pheonix House.

Not real conclusive I guess....

Well it is something and a start. I appreciate you remembering.

U da man!!!!! or women. :)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »
Various statements from indeed.com

Not appreciate it for all of the work of the staff and not a fun place, but a place where people are stressed out.

Clinical Counselor (Former Employee), Tampa, FL – June 3, 2013
I worked for this place and had to work on my lunch hours and worked up to 12pm to catch up to the paperwork. The assessments were supposed to be 3 hours and we were told that we had to completed in 2 hours. On a sick leave all the staff was given a hard time because there was nobody to replace you. Many people came to work sick due to the lack of staff. Vacation, the staff is only able to take one week, we had annual leave days, but were not able to take the days off, due to the extensive work and not having enough staff. I did not get a raise in 4 years and was promised to have a raise, but it never came through. Many people was threaten to be fire and many left due to the emotional abuse by the Program Manager.
Horrible Place to Work - Horrible treatment of residents

The residents are forbidden from talking about their past (how can a person battle addiction if they don't battle where it started?), the residents are screamed at and degraded. The counselors in the womens program care nothing about the women. They have had women residents having affairs with male staff members, women leaving the program pregnant by male residents, women being "successfully discharged" because they were private pay when in fact they were no where near "successful". One of the counselors in the womens unit takes photos of herself in the bathroom of the women's building to put on facebook. She also compares notes about men on facebook with women residents. The only counselors that cared about the residents, and actually did counseling work were fired or pushed to the point of quitting. Parents have complained over and over to no avail. There is no real counseling at Phoenix House. The job is just a paycheck for the staff.
Do Not Work Here !!!!!

I worked for this company for 3+ years.
I have seen the turnover rate for employees SO HIGH, I never thought I would be affected.
Management is HORRIBLE, and its all politics
This company is known to be corrupt.
The worst part about it is that the clients' suffer, because they are not getting the help they deserately need, because majority of staff are not qualified and/or completely incompetent.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
I always heard that some of Barker's original seed staff came from Phoenix house. In particular John Underwood.
?©?€~¥@