Author Topic: Call for Survivor Reports  (Read 2927 times)

Offline CAFETYCanada

• View Profile
Call for Survivor Reports
« on: May 25, 2013, 07:06:09 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm putting out a call for survivor reports. Currenty the Ontario government is financing several programs in the U.S. I'll be writing on them asking them to stop this funding. I'd really like to be able to send some survivor reports with it, I think it will make a greater impact. I'd appreciate being able to use names, though at your request I will keeep them anonymous. You can email them to [email protected] If you have attended any of the following programs I woud love to hear from you

-Avalon Hills

-River Oaks Hospital

- Rogers Memorial Hospital

-Caron Foundation

-Second Nature Wilderness Program

-Discovery Ranch

-Foundations: La Paloma Treatment Center

-Foundations: Michael's House

-The Renfrew Center

-Foundations: The Canyon at Peace Park

-Gateway Academy

- Vista Adolescent Treatment Center

-McLean Hospital

-New Haven Residential Treatment Center

-Wellness Resource Center
Thank you to anyone able to help
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Call for Survivor Reports
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »
Why is AARC not on the list, out of curiosity?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

Beat me to it, let's get the burning torches!!!!

Offline CAFETYCanada

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:47:31 AM »

AARC is not on the list because the Ontario government isn't funding it (as far as I can tell) and I'm working on a specific project related to trying to get the government funding to stop. Don't worry, AARC is very much on my radar, figuring out different plans there.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 02:59:32 PM »
Quote from: "CAFETYCanada"

AARC is not on the list because the Ontario government isn't funding it (as far as I can tell) and I'm working on a specific project related to trying to get the government funding to stop. Don't worry, AARC is very much on my radar, figuring out different plans there.
Gotcha.  I didn't read your post carefully enough.  Why is the Canadian govt. paying for any of these programs anyway?  Do they send kids to the states on the Canadian tax payer's dime?  I know they used to do that with Kids in Jersey, but had no idea that it was still a practice.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline CAFETYCanada

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »
Quote from: "CAFETYCanada"

Gotcha.  I didn't read your post carefully enough.  Why is the Canadian govt. paying for any of these programs anyway?  Do they send kids to the states on the Canadian tax payer's dime?  I know they used to do that with Kids in Jersey, but had no idea that it was still a practice.

They are indeed sending kids to these programs on the tax payer's dime. Why? My guess would be because there are way fewer programs in Canada (good) and some parents don't think their kids are getting the "help" they need because of this. There's also a bit of a gap in mental health help in general in Canada (the considerably less abusive kind) so I think this was the Ministry of Health's way to try and look like they're doing something. No idea what the selection process was for the programs but they have a nice little disclaimer at the bottom of their webpage

"The MOHLTC does not endorse, warrant, guarantee or otherwise certify the quality or standards of residential treatment or other services provided by preferred providers. These considerations should be reviewed by the patient in consultation with his or her attending physician(s). Hospital scorecards are one tool that may be of assistance to patients and physicians seeking further information about appropriateness, quality and safety." http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/pro ... ities.html

I'm hoping to convince them and also the Canadian public (tax payers) that they really should've looked into that one better.