Author Topic: Sudden Death among CEDU people  (Read 3928 times)

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Sudden Death among CEDU people
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »
Suicides, accidental suicides like drug overdoses, violence and other sudden tragedies continue to plague people everywhere, and yet the higher number prevails among those that have had experiences like those attested to here at Fornits. It's not fair, it's sad. For the families and friends of those who've been lost it's tragic. My heart goes out to the families of all of those, and the number is growing. I make a commitment here and now: I want to see people who went to CEDU schools. I don't care about pettiness and minor disagreements with philosophy! I will finish my book, goddammit! and when you buy it directly from me, I will bring it to you in person (within reason I will try). I commit to just reminding us all of the extreme sappiness of the place with a genuine hug or handshake and the recognition of time passing. I miss my peer group today. Even the ones I'm certain can't stand me, Lol. I'm sentimental and today I'm unapologetic for that. I miss the pain that brought us together, and make it hard to feel that level of intimacy with others. I miss the terror and feelings of complete self defeat, although I can't define why.

But when the sentimental cloud has lifted I'll be waiting for the bell to ring so I can get back to the business of asking the tough questions of what the hell goes on at these places, and why your parents must not love you.

:boycott:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline MissT

• View Profile
Re: Sudden Death among CEDU people
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:58 PM »
I went to Cedu in Running Springs. I went their in 1973 - 1974 and I'm still alive at 55.
What did you want to know?

Offline brainwashed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
Hey; Blown Away.
I'm looking forward to reading your book.
I am 53 yrs. old and have survived two suicide attempts.One when I was 19 and the other about 10 yrs. ago.
Only after spending time with this site have I begun to slightly comprehend the impact of what occured to me at CEDU. Although there have been some bright spots; it hasn't been an especially happy life since I walked away from the CEDU raffle over 37 yrs. ago. I was at Running Springs for a year and a half and at the fundraising branch (the raffle) in L.A. for about six weeks.
It has left me in a weird type of limbo that I don't understand and longing for experiences that don't exist in the real world and probably shouldn't have existed at CEDU either. As sick as this may sound, I probably would have been content to stay at CEDU forever and put up with the soul-crushing techniques employed there in order to experience that strange sense of closeness with other human beings that comes after the peculiar, induced, emotional discharges that occur in raps and propheets.
Although I appreciate all the hard work that went into preparing many of the insightful posts on this site,I'm a little tired of reading about the psychological aspects of these abusive teen treatments.

But I would really apprecciate an opportunity to dialog a bit about the residual effects of what happened.
LATE........

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »
Thank you for responding. I'm sorry it took me this long to notice the responses. I've been working very hard on my project lately. It's easier going now than it was before. But it's hard not to let it consume my adult (real choice, mostly) emotions while I delve into well, the emotional growth program. So fucking non sequitor. It is strange to look back on the posts at fornits. I don't feel, in light of other medias that it is obsolete. All the people that stumbled on to fornits before facebook left an indelible mark that assisted in shutting down many fraudulent and abusive programs. Thank goodness for all of the work and informative and artistic projects. The important documentaries and books shed a kernel of understanding of what it was to be a student then and how individuals process the developmental detour of these "programs".
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:19:19 AM »
Mang, long time no see, sup with your project?