Author Topic: Paris Hilton a CEDU Dropout?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Paris Hilton a CEDU Dropout?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »
This is the correct link, though you may have to copy and paste it into the URL bar.

http://www.women.com/entertain/gossip/a ... 47,00.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »
Hah!  Hilton called a limo to come and get her.  What a hoot!

:rofl:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 11:43:00 PM »
So that's the exit ticket? Shall we put together a fleet of limos and a hotline number?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »
What a brilliant young woman!  The thing that stands out about her story, despite the sour grapes of the guy that obviously wanted to "get some" and didn't, is that she had the incredible common sense *not to talk to the "therapists" or other students in "group"*!

For a teen stuck in one of these places, that is the single best technique for maintaining sanity---

-------------------

My "how-to" for avoiding cult brainwashing in confinement:

-------------------

Never, from day one, talk about a single "problem" with either a therapist or another kid---the kid will tell the group, he/she is brainwashed already.

It is a technique of therapists--real and good ones as well as unethical ones--to use "uncomfortable silences" to extract information from patients.  The response is not to be uncomfortable with silence.  

Even though anger is a normal response to what is happening to you, also realize that giving in to anger gives the "therapists" a way into your head.

Stillness at peace with yourself in the silence is the one thing they can't get a grip on.  Cultivating the understanding that when other kids  or the therapists yell at you or mistreat you that those are comments about *them*, not you, and using deep breathing to cultivate peaceful stillness within yourself, at peace in the silence--and saying *nothing* about what you're doing or about any personal problems, secrets, or insecurities you might have---is the absolute best and most effective technique I know of to prevent a hostile, unethical therapist from getting into your head.

Of course, they'll try to guess, or they'll use reports from your parents or outside friends and family they or your parents can trick into giving up information to try to convince you they know all the secrets of your inner heart already.

Keep your silence.  Cherish it.  Be comfortable, still, and at peace within it----even if you can't do this perfectly, keep coming back to it over and over again.  Even if you screw up and let them provoke you into anger or saying something, return to the silence and peace again and again.

Remain quietly aware.  Try to cultivate hyper-awareness.  If anyone tries to stare you in the eyes, look at the bridge of their nose.  If anyone offers you sweets at therapy or rap sessions, refuse them.  Both make you more suggestible---what you want to avoid is hypnotic trance any time other kids or the therapists are around.  However, you can *use* self-hypnosis late at night, when others are asleep and *you* appear to be asleep, if you know how, to reinforce your will to calmly and intently observe while in the presence of therapists or in groups, to be comfortable in personal silence, to let your anger go, acknowledging it as legitimate, but promising yourself you will take the time to feel it and address it *later*---when you are free, out of the lockdown facility.

Plan one specific, positive thing you will accomplish with your life when you get out------whether that is to write music, or poetry, or be a car mechanic and fix people's cars, or to help out in a homeless shelter, or to climb Mt. McKinley, or whatever.  Avoid thoughts of harming the people who stuck you there---not positive.

Never admit this goal to anyone whatsoever at the TBS.  Not even your closest friend.  Especially not your closest friend--if you aren't cooperating with "therapy," they *will* put the screws to any kid who gets close to you to get the goods on you, and that kid *is* in their control and *will* give up the goods on you.

Your positive goal is something you can think about in the silences and stillness.  You can imagine it and plan and replan it in detail.

That personally chosen positive goal, kept secret, will be your anchor and keep you sane in an insane environment----it's a variant of the strategy successfully used by Jewish concentration camp survivors, adapted for the TBS environment.

Accept being on level I for the entire length of your stay.  Realize that to play the "level game" of the facility will do you permanent psychiatric damage that will be far more painful than the small priveleges you get are worth.  Realize that you will have a small revenge and victory because your silent, calm resistance will drive them absolutely nuts.  They *will* abuse you more aggressively than other level I's, trying to break you.  Take small, quiet, personal satisfaction from their frustration, but don't let it run away with you and give them a route into your head.

Count the days, and leave when you're 18 even if it means permanent no-contact with your loony family---calling their bluff---even if it's not a bluff---on that kind of ultimatum is the only way to get free of a control freak.  And *sometimes*, like Ginger's Dad, someone caught in that control loop breaks free and you can reconcile.

If they don't let you leave when you're 18, run away and raise holy hell with the FBI and/or the public based on the TBS having kidnapped you---it will be ten times more trouble for them for every day over 18 they keep you before you manage to run than it will be for you.  It may even let you get the whole place shut down---because if you've never let them into your head, it will be *much* easier for a conscientious lawyer, working pro bono, to make your case.

You will naturally worry that they may kill you.  Dying free is better than living as a slave.  Know this in your heart---also know that if they do, and you haven't let them into your head, the scandal *will* get that particular school shut down and avenge your own death and protect others.

Some things are worth dying for.  Freedom is one of them.

But you will almost certainly *not* die.  And if you never let them into your head, then recovery will be *much* easier and smoother when you do get out than if you didn't resist.

(I'm a rape survivor---had to work through that whole rape recovery thing, as well as assorted other really heavy crap---believe me---*resist*---it will make recovery so much shorter and getting your life back so much quicker!)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »
I didn't have much respect for Paris Hilton before.  My respect for the lady just went up 1000 percent.  Not letting those bastards into her head took some serious huevos.

I respect her as a strong woman.

Also, damn, look at how she held her head up in a situation that would embarrass most people into running and hiding.

Good for her!

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
I hope she sues them for violating their so called confidentiality. Its a good thing they didn't get in her head cause you can be sure their family probably would have used their considerable power and money to make sure those CEDU assholes would be in their own dark hole somewhere.

"There is an institution and in a padded room is a man who spends his days and nights screaming at things only he can see, things we put inside his head. He has to be restrained 24 hours a day or he would claw out his eyes just to make it stop."

Just a thought on appropriate punishment for these power crazed mind rapists.

I must admit a sudden new found respect for Paris Hilton. Not much but its a start. I can at least respect that she is smart enough to know she does not have to pretend as if she wants to have a "normal" career. She knows she does not have to work if she does not want to and quite frankly, why work when you are that rich?

2 months and she called a limo.

As for not letting them get inside my head, I can do that just fine. Strength of will is not really the issue for me. However if they think they are gonna spend the days beating the crap out of me then a staff member is going to get a pencil shoved through their eye when they least expect it.

Kill one mindrapist and its a crime, kill a million mindrapists and its a statistic.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »
You know what anon. I wasn't going to post it but I have to totally agree. I just thought she was a dimwitt and did not think much of her at all.

Now I really think she is alright. She didn't give in, she conned them at there own game, and in the end she got out. Go Paris, I like you a hell of a lot more now too honey.

Hell I won't watch the simple life but I will turn the TV on in another room so she gets the ratings lol!!  :wink:

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.  -- My First Summer in the Sierra , 1911, page 110.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0395353513/' target='_new'> John Muir

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »
:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »
i went to cedu with paris...
she was there for like 3 weeks before daddy took her home.

honestly, that place isn't all that bad in theory.  the thing is, they fuck up in execution.  they have beautiful concepts to teach, but they go about tteaching them in all the wrong ways, and thus, we felt the need to rebel.
trust me, i was there for 3 years and then they finally let me graduate because they realized that i wasn't going to change.
well, it's years later, and i've grown to be an amazing person.  i want to go back to cedu and teach them how to communicate with children... obviously, they're stuck on their faulty methods even tho they're not optimally effective.