Author Topic: A POX ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES  (Read 3717 times)

Offline scottT

• View Profile
A POX ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES
« on: January 02, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »
You know,  back in WWASPS Discovery class, they had a little exercise that ran "I'M right!  No! I'M RIGHT!, NO, I'm RIGHT!..." repeated endlessly ad in finitum.  (to illustrate the futility of mindless, unconstructive bickering).

Against all reason,  this forum has essentially degenerated into a variation on this theme.  Except here its become: You're 'affiliated' with PURE!  No, I'm not!! You're the one 'affiliated' with PURE! NO!  YOU ARE AFFILIATED WITH PURE!  NO! YOU ARE AFFILIATED WITH PURE,  AND HAVE BEEN SINCE BEFORE SUE HAD HER CHILD COMMITTED!  NO! YOU WERE AFFILIATED WITH PURE BEFORE SUE'S CHILD WAS BORN.  NO! YOU WERE AFFILIATED WITH PURE BEFORE SUE'S HUSBAND EVEN HAD A GLEAM IN HIS EYE!" and so on and so on  ad nauseum.  (And I do mean NAUSEUM.)

The loathesome ones are playing Ms. B. like a musical saw.  Knowing her hot button,  they feed her some dough, a few confidential documents, and treat her like a "player" in the W v P case,  and then just set her loose on Fornits to do their bidding (perhaps unwittingly, one supposes).  

Ginger, their strategy has succeeded in skyjacking virtually the entire WWF Teen Help thread away from abusive behavior mod into a meaningless (and redundant) semantic quibble-fest into the earth-shaking questions of who is feeding documents to whom, and whose name appears on whose mailing list. (Litigants using the media to influence public opinion?  I'm shocked! SHOCKED! to discover that such practices could possibly be occuring! After all, this is the INTERNET! Everyone who uses the internet is supposed to be IDEALISTIC!)

Before Christmas,  I noted that the posters on this forum are eagerly living down to the puppet masters' low expectations of our collective intelligence.  Haven't seen much in the last nine days to dispel that fear.

[ This Message was edited by: scottT on 2004-01-02 20:29 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am an angry, wrathful man,  put here to step on the toes of those who dance around the truth (ex WWASPers may acknowledge the sarcasm)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
Ginger, their strategy has succeeded in skyjacking virtually the entire WWF Teen Help thread away from abusive behavior mod into a meaningless (and redundant) semantic quibble-fest

Amen! Ginger ought to create a separate forum for all of this crap and call it "The Litigious Forum." It makes me regret that I had anything to do at all with any of this. What a waste of time and webspace, indeed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »
Excuse me, but like it or not, it appears that Carey Bock has a legitimate complaint. Let's at least acknowledge that much. Let's also agree that WWASPS is not the only game in town and neither is PURE. These 2 entities are however, uniquely intertwined by virtue of a civil lawsuit which as it turns out, is shining a spotlight on an industry that is out of control. No matter how you look at it, that is a very good thing for vulnerable parents and children.

:smile:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »
. These 2 entities are however, uniquely intertwined by virtue of a civil lawsuit which as it turns out, is shining a spotlight on an industry that is out of control.

Great! So let's put it all on - (little trumpet fanfare) "The Litigious Forum" where it belongs.  :tup:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »
But guys, this is the true nature of the industry, showing their asses as only they can do. Why in the world would I wan't to try and create the illusion that it's not just so?

I'm really not looking for guilty parties to punish here. I have a lot of faith in the idea that if we just avoid prettying anything up, let ideas stand for themselves, ppl will get it. At least those who are paying attention. Who cares about those who are not? They're just so high maintenance anyway! And who am I to say that anyone needs my help to sort it out? That would be rather pretentious on my part, don't you think?

No, I'll make my arguments as I believe and leave it to readers to determine for themselves what to make of it all.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
-- Margaret Mead

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »
I don't think, could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is suggesting or expecting you to punish any guilty parties or censor anyone-just give them their own home, like Elan, Straight, etc.

I, like Scott and Frod, have been asking/hinting for this for months and months. Honestly, how many WvsP posts have been made since the spring of 03? I keep thinking it will play out, but it doesn't. It's quiet for a while, Carey posts something and the shit slinging starts again.

The actual informational posts are useful, but they're so few and far between all the other bs. I'm dedicated to this cause, and even I get sick of reading it. How must new people feel who haven't a clue who these individuals are and what they're arguing about?

Anyway, that's my vent. I vote for them having their own forum, but respect your decisions and difference of opinion on the matter. You may have a clearer perception of how allowing the ongoing useless arguments to continue impacts the general pubic. Please don't hear this as criticism. I'm just personally tired of reading through lines and lines of verbage hoping to find a morsel of useful info, only to be disappointed. And, ultimately that's my problem.

Much thanks. You are greatly appreciated as I'm sure you are well aware.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
Because it's boring as shit to most people ginger, except for the unfortunate ones involved in the litigation. What that dude said was true. This forum has been skyjacked with this crap. Who wants to read this? Not me. There should be a separate forum. The Teen Help should be for survivors and their stories. Hey, it's your site, do what you want. I'm tired of trying to lead horses to water. Fuck it. Life's too short. How about a poll for the "Litigous Forum" yea or nay. The problem with them polls is I guess that people can vote more than once.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »
It just occurred to me that this isn't even the Teen Help Forum here!!! This is Web Forum Hosting. So much the worse!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »
Folks, I hear what you're saying. But I get dizzy thinking about how to extricate discussion about litigation from general discussion of the industry. This is a very litigious industry we're talking about here, full of litigious assholes. At this time, there appears to be litigation and threats of litigation that may effect my ability to keep this forum open.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. The limit of oppression is determined by the extent of the endurance of the oppressed.
--Frederick Douglas

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »
Assing a moderater to each forum...
If people post shit where it doesnt go delete the post...start banning IPs...

This is supposed to be for survivors ...parts of it anyway..

I dont mind survivor spam of any kind when theres an identity behind it

Im getting to where I dont click threads started by Anon..

Plus wouldnt that cut down on your bandwidth?
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »
WHAT IS BEING SAID THATS ILLEGAL THOUGH?

If its defamation we are talking about...almost all Straight/KIDS/ETC stories can be confirmed by at least 3 others..
All this shit went down in front of rooms full of people..

Just wondering I have no idea what lawsuits are about...I try to just skip that shit..

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-16 00:50 ]
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed