Author Topic: Former AARC Counselor Loses Murder 2 Appeal  (Read 3117 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Former AARC Counselor Loses Murder 2 Appeal
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:09:22 AM »
"The deceased asked him if he had had too much to drink:

[The Appellant]: I remember her like saying like, “How much did you have to drink tonight?” And I was like “Oh, not that much.”  And then I just kept trying, and she kept saying, “It’s not going to work.  You can’t get it up.”  And I just remember I got so fuckin’ angry and so hurt. I (unintelligible) didn’t know what happened.  Like I fucking (crying), I just fuckin’ got so angry.

[Detective Weidman]:  At her or at yourself?

[The Appellant]:  It was just ang-, like it was just fuckin’ anger.  It was just like I never really had it before.  It’s like I got so fuckin’ angry.  Like I don’t know if it was (sniffing) couldn’t get it up, or fuckin’ her making fun of me, like I was just (sniffing) fuckin’ angry, and I remember just starting to hit her.  And I started to choke her, and I don’t know...

21.       The Appellant could not remember whether he hit or choked the deceased first, but said he hit her 10 or 15 times. He could not remember hitting her in the face, but remembered hitting her in the ribs. When he did she made a “winded” sound, like she had been body checked hard.

22.       Later in the interview the Appellant said the rage came on him suddenly:

[Detective Weidman]:  Did she say anything to you that was uh, you know, did she make fun of you?

[The Appellant]:  Yeah, like I remember she’s like, I remember she’s like, “Have you had too much to drink, and that’s why this won’t come up?”  And then, so I don’t know what I responded, but I remem-, I remember again she’s like, “Why can’t this”, like “Why can’t you get this up?”  Like, “I’m trying everything, and it’s just like,” I don’t even, I don’t even remember if that’s like when I got angry. I just remember her saying that, and then I just, like I just remember this moment, and it’s just like I got...

[Detective Weidman]:  So she didn’t make fun of you?  She just asked what you, this is not working?

[The Appellant]:  Yeah.  I don’t like, I, I don’t know how it like, she, what she said, and then I just took it as I’m being made fun of.  I was embarrassed, I couldn’t get it up.  Like I was so drunk...

[The Appellant]: ... Like I’ve never experienced the hit that anger [sic].  It’s just like...

[Detective Weidman]:  Mmhmm.

[The Appellant]:  It’s intense.  Like I can’t explain it other than there’s uh, just this extreme anger, and it’s just like, just this haze.  It’s just like I remember swinging, I remember her choking, and I don’t even know what started it.

23.       When the Appellant realized what he had done he panicked. He ran around the apartment and threw anything he thought he might have touched into a bag. He remembered grabbing a jacket with a hood from the deceased's closet and putting it on because he thought there might be cameras in the hallway. He used an area rug to drag the deceased’s body down the stairwell, and propped the outside door open with a Pepsi bottle. He dragged the body across the parking lot and into the bushes. At that point he realized what he was doing was useless and started running home.

24.       When he got home he quickly packed some clothes and made his way by Skytrain and bus to the Langley Greyhound station. He caught a bus to his parents’ home in Calgary and told them he had killed someone. He turned himself in the following day."
http://bcjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8844:r-v-evans-appeal-of-a-second-degree-murder-conviction-is-dismissed-court-of-appeal-for-british-columbia&catid=581:murder-2012&Itemid=1589
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline EagefaleP

• View Profile
hi-84
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:26:50 AM »
Hi.I need a help!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mail.ru