Author Topic: Where's that "movement of concerned Americans?"  (Read 8481 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Where's that "movement of concerned Americans?"
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »
Oh my Stars & Stripes! America's self-proclaimed (and self-recognized) experts in character development ... seek to engage the public in a discussion on the Topix Education Forum.

educationrebel
    "To an educational revolution"[/list]
    Below is the opening lob served up by Joe a few years ago, and inspiring, thus far, a regrettably less than robust response:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

time to stand up for american kids

#1 educationrebel · Bath Maine · Jun 25, 2009
      Those in power so want to clone American kids into Asian students, that like cattle, they have committed them all to be 100% academically pure by year 2014.
      Never mind how that twists the character of American kids; that they don’t like our schools, and that one drops out every 12 seconds.
      Or that 2/3s of them cheat on tests, 1/3 steal from stores and 93% are satisfied with their ethics and character.
      Or that the best and brightest went on and threw America's economy under the bus. The Bank, Enron and Madoff fiascos, plus the extensive systems that supported them, made it very clear our economy had a character leadership problem, not an intelligence one.
      Don't blame the kids. I've been teaching for 58 years, and like the Hitler Youth Corps, if you brain wash them long enough that achievement and ego satisfaction is what’s life is all about, not deeper things like self-discovery and a life of purpose, then this is what you get.
      Our forefathers gave us a profound gift: a nation built on an ideal: All men are created equal. Respecting that ideal has been an enormous challenge, but it built an exceptional society never seen in the history of the world.
      So why the hell are we trying to copy someone else?
      What we need today is something we have never had—a truly American system of education; one that truly respects the unique potential and character of each kid; to help each one answer the critical questions of life: Who am I?; Where am I going?; What do I need to get there?
      This focus would re-center American education on parents and family, who desperately need the school's help and support, as the school desperately needs parent and family involvement. If the purpose is really to prepare kids for life, it is ridiculous to separate family and school.
      I am the founder of a network of 5 Hyde private and public schools that I began 43 years ago. We set out to develop the unique potential and character of each student, and discovered we had to help parents and families to be successful. It's been a real challenge, but the huge rewards are in reuniting families and in seeing kids go out and lead meaningful lives.
      Once you truly motivate kids, academics are no longer a problem. Hyde serves 2,000+ students, 80% minority, and 98% go to college.
      But it will take a lot more than Hyde Schools to change American Education. We need a movement of concerned Americans.
      I hope this hits home with you and maybe with others you know. If so, let me know what you think. we need to start a groundswell!

Copyright ©2012 Topix LLC
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Re: Where's that "movement of concerned Americans?"
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    Oh my Stars & Stripes! America's self-proclaimed (and self-recognized) experts in character development ... seek to engage the public in a discussion on the Topix Education Forum.

educationrebel
      "To an educational revolution"[/list]
      Below is the opening lob served up by Joe a few years ago, and inspiring, thus far, a regrettably less than robust response:

time to stand up for american kids

#1 educationrebel · Bath Maine · Jun 25, 2009
        Those in power so want to clone American kids into Asian students, that like cattle, they have committed them all to be 100% academically pure by year 2014.
        Never mind how that twists the character of American kids; that they don’t like our schools, and that one drops out every 12 seconds.
        Or that 2/3s of them cheat on tests, 1/3 steal from stores and 93% are satisfied with their ethics and character.
        Or that the best and brightest went on and threw America's economy under the bus. The Bank, Enron and Madoff fiascos, plus the extensive systems that supported them, made it very clear our economy had a character leadership problem, not an intelligence one.
      Don't blame the kids. I've been teaching for 58 years, and like the Hitler Youth Corps, if you brain wash them long enough that achievement and ego satisfaction is what’s life is all about, not deeper things like self-discovery and a life of purpose, then this is what you get.
      Our forefathers gave us a profound gift: a nation built on an ideal: All men are created equal. Respecting that ideal has been an enormous challenge, but it built an exceptional society never seen in the history of the world.
      So why the hell are we trying to copy someone else?
      What we need today is something we have never had—a truly American system of education; one that truly respects the unique potential and character of each kid; to help each one answer the critical questions of life: Who am I?; Where am I going?; What do I need to get there?
      This focus would re-center American education on parents and family, who desperately need the school's help and support, as the school desperately needs parent and family involvement. If the purpose is really to prepare kids for life, it is ridiculous to separate family and school.
      I am the founder of a network of 5 Hyde private and public schools that I began 43 years ago. We set out to develop the unique potential and character of each student, and discovered we had to help parents and families to be successful. It's been a real challenge, but the huge rewards are in reuniting families and in seeing kids go out and lead meaningful lives.
      Once you truly motivate kids, academics are no longer a problem. Hyde serves 2,000+ students, 80% minority, and 98% go to college.
      But it will take a lot more than Hyde Schools to change American Education. We need a movement of concerned Americans.
      I hope this hits home with you and maybe with others you know. If so, let me know what you think. we need to start a groundswell![/list]

Copyright ©2012 Topix LLC
      An expert opinion

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
      Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"
      Quote from: "educationrebel"
      Don't blame the kids. I've been teaching for 58 years, and like the Hitler Youth Corps, if you brain wash them long enough that achievement and ego satisfaction is what's life is all about, not deeper things like self-discovery and a life of purpose, then this is what you get.
      An expert opinion
      Joe confuses what goes on in discovery groups with "self-discovery," and a Hyde-ified life as being equivalent to "a life of purpose."

Like the Hitler Youth Corps, if you brainwash the kids long enough, not to mention their parents, they won't know the difference either.

This is something that Hyde School knows all too well, having diligently practiced it for well over four decades. Here's a recent post to that effect, from another thread on fornits:

Quote from: "turkishsun"
      Hyde Graduate.  Mr.Mcrann (former Headmaster) Bath Campus spoke at a my first summer challenge general meeting he stated " WE ARE GOING TO BRAINWASH YOU!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »
      Quote from: "Ursus"
      Quote from: "educationrebel"
      Don't blame the kids. I've been teaching for 58 years, and like the Hitler Youth Corps, if you brain wash them long enough that achievement and ego satisfaction is what's life is all about, not deeper things like self-discovery and a life of purpose, then this is what you get.
      An expert opinion
      Joe confuses what goes on in discovery groups with "self-discovery," and a Hyde-ified life as being equivalent to "a life of purpose."

Like the Hitler Youth Corps, if you brainwash the kids long enough, not to mention their parents, they won't know the difference either.

This is something that Hyde School knows all too well, having diligently practiced it for well over four decades. Here's a recent post to that effect, from another thread on fornits:

Quote from: "turkishsun"
      Hyde Graduate.  Mr.Mcrann (former Headmaster) Bath Campus spoke at a my first summer challenge general meeting he stated " WE ARE GOING TO BRAINWASH YOU!"
      The more I learn about brainwashing, the clearer it becomes what they did to us. I had never done drugs, and had never been in trouble with the law, and for two years Elan beat it into my head that I was going to be a drug addict, and go to prison, and in less than two years, that's exactly what happened.

It's scary that there are so  many programs using the same techniques. The future is a scary thing to consider, knowing what happened to so many of us

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
      The more I learn about brainwashing, the clearer it becomes what they did to us. I had never done drugs, and had never been in trouble with the law, and for two years Elan beat it into my head that I was going to be a drug addict, and go to prison, and in less than two years, that's exactly what happened.

It's scary that there are so many programs using the same techniques. The future is a scary thing to consider, knowing what happened to so many of us
      Well... some of these programs serve as prototypes for a culture that uses a controlled media, manufactured national crises, psych ops, and social group and mob manipulation as a means for ensuring cooperation and quashing dissent... Oh, and let's be sure not to leave out big pharma! :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
      This is no ship of fools. They know exactly what they're doing, which is to create a class of people who will keep their profession in cash for generations. Create a virus and create a cure kind of thing. (I believe that's what AIDS was). But, at the rate it's going, it's going to break the system that supports it. Then what?

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
      Well, let's hold back on the AIDS as a manufactured virus.  In some ways it is (shaming those who have it for having lived shameful lives) but in the most key sense, it is not (developed in labs to be released and wreak havoc on minorities.)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
      Quote from: "Xelebes"
      Well, let's hold back on the AIDS as a manufactured virus.  In some ways it is (shaming those who have it for having lived shameful lives) but in the most key sense, it is not (developed in labs to be released and wreak havoc on minorities.)
      It wasn't created to wreak havoc on anyone. It was created to make money. Trillions of dollars so far with no end in sight.

There was no shame intended. If people feel shame, that's in their own mind. AIDS crossed into every demographic. It didn't discriminate.

All that "shameful lives" crap was promoted by assholes with agendas, and no one with a brain ever really bought into it

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
      It wasn't created to wreak havoc on anyone. It was created to make money. Trillions of dollars so far with no end in sight.

There was no shame intended. If people feel shame, that's in their own mind. AIDS crossed into every demographic. It didn't discriminate.

All that "shameful lives" crap was promoted by assholes with agendas, and no one with a brain ever really bought into it

Created to make money?  Ehhhhh. . . I'm going to reserve expressing judgments there as much as I can.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:10 PM »
      You believe it wasn't created (mutated from another virus, whatever) or that people wouldn't do something like that?

The part about it being developed is my opinion. Whether people are capable of something like this, I'm convinced.

There are a lot of people who believe both

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 10:46:46 PM »
      Yeah, but you also have to consider the other diseases that transmit the same way and were at one point, just as deadly - how were they created?  And why would someone go about creating it?  It's great that you can, in your head, fit excuses and what-ifs into the theory.  But who are the parties that concocted this disease to release it and wreak such havoc?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 02:29:30 PM »
      I'm not marching on Washington or protesting anyone--it's just  what I choose to believe.

How? Ya got me. But, I do believe we have the ability.

as far as who. Follow the money. Who made the most? Them

Offline pimps and whores

• View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »

AIDS is taken very seriously in the adult film industry, I have not caught it yet!

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »
      I'm not marching on Washington or protesting anyone--it's just  what I choose to believe.

How? Ya got me. But, I do believe we have the ability.

as far as who. Follow the money. Who made the most? Them

Who is them though?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
      I see the troll has deleted his crap.

To answer the question: I don't know. I stopped looking for answers to this and many things when I realized no one cares. Either that. or they assume that because something sounds outlandish, that it's bullshit.

The first step to hiding a great crime is to make it so outrageous no one will believe it. Straight did it. Elan did it. Even the government does it. Go to the Republican National Convention, and lay out all the rock solid evidence you have on Romney and his connections to child abuse, and I doubt 1% of the people there would believe you