Author Topic: New Database of TTI lawyers -- what are your thoughts?  (Read 9353 times)

Offline eric

• View Profile
New Database of TTI lawyers -- what are your thoughts?
« on: December 22, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
I've mostly received positive feedback for this website, which I felt prompted to start after sitting through a disgusting deposition involving a case between West Ridge Academy and a youth that was repeatedly physically and sexually abused while there. SO, I'm curious to hear what Fornits thinks about the site. I envisioned it to be inclusive of all sorts of law firms, the firms that tried to sue the mother for speaking out about WWASPS, the Mount Bachelor Academy lawyers, the Catholic priest abuse lawyers, but if the collective "survivor" community feels like this is a net-negative effect on our efforts to stop abuse in residential treatment, I'll gladly let myself be convinced to take it down. I'm all ears, folks.

http://pedophiledefense.wordpress.com

Eric
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
--Mormon Gulag.com

Offline cmack

• View Profile
Re: New Database of TTI lawyers -- what are your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »
Quote from: "eric"
I've mostly received positive feedback for this website, which I felt prompted to start after sitting through a disgusting deposition involving a case between West Ridge Academy and a youth that was repeatedly physically and sexually abused while there. SO, I'm curious to hear what Fornits thinks about the site. I envisioned it to be inclusive of all sorts of law firms, the firms that tried to sue the mother for speaking out about WWASPS, the Mount Bachelor Academy lawyers, the Catholic priest abuse lawyers, but if the collective "survivor" community feels like this is a net-negative effect on our efforts to stop abuse in residential treatment, I'll gladly let myself be convinced to take it down. I'm all ears, folks.

http://pedophiledefense.wordpress.com

Eric

Well, it's a two edged sword. On the one hand it tells us who the bad guys are, but it also lets others know which lawyers have experience defending these programs. I think most lawyers are mercenary in that they'll represent whoever pays them, so it could be that a survivor wishing to sue a program might be well served by one of theses guys. If these lawyers were decent, upright, moral citizens then shaming them in this fashion might have an effect, but these are lawyers. I doubt they even have a conscience. So I don't think your site will shame them into doing the right thing.

I don't really have a recommendation for you. What I'd really like to see is a list of lawyers who have represented survivors against abusive programs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:02:16 PM by Anonymous »

Offline dr phil show

• View Profile
<-->
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
<-->
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:51:09 AM by dr phil show »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »
They'll probably send meaningless demand letters, but there's no case and they're probably smart enough to keep this out of a courtroom. This isn't libel or slander, as he isn't accusing them of doing anything they aren't actually doing. Their clients may be incensed about being called pedophiles, but unfortunately they are pedophiles...
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:01:58 PM by Anonymous »

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »
Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"

Eric, why don't you ask Kathryn Whitehead or Brian Lombrowski what they think of this?

Because I don't answer to either Kat or Brian? I don't know the point of that question Wayne.

I do know that there are other defense attorneys who have expressed their support for the site, and have even supplied me with some names. Does that matter?

Oh, and Wayne, I missed this question from you:

Have you asked a lawyer if this is legal? I would. It could be construed as harassment

Yes. I have. Also, see above. It is in no way harassment whatsoever. Not even close.
--Mormon Gulag.com

Offline cum guzzler

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:45:26 AM by cum guzzler »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
Actually, until they're convicted, they're not

That's my point. The presumption is innocence. This is an effort to keep an innocent person from getting a fair shake

When they're found guilty, I say, have at 'em, but until then, I don't see the merit in trying to keep someone from getting a fair trial. It may be well within your rights to do this, but is it right?

Eric, why don't you ask Kathryn Whitehead or Brian Lombrowski what they think of this?
Umm... WHO exactly are you talking about when you say, "until they're convicted, they're not?" Are you referring to the program and/or individuals employed by the program, who are presumably being sued? Or, the attorneys who opt to represent them?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:01:32 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:01:13 PM by Anonymous »

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 01:13:28 AM »
They're lawyers, they can answer the question better than anyone here.

Umm... Wayne, I hate to break it to you, but neither Kat nor Brian are lawyers. Not even close. I don't know where you are getting that information, but go ahead and ask them yourself. I've known both of them personally for years. They are not lawyers. Sorry, pal.

You said your intention is to get these lawyers to stop defending these people.

Wayne, what's wrong with you? When did I say I wanted lawyers to stop defending people? I thought you were a (self-published) writer? Surely you're a better reader than this. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT LAWYERS defend Residential Treatment Facility Abusers. Does the bold text help?

You said on Face Book that they accuse children of liking being raped. Did they?

Actually, this is what I said (verbatim):

On Tuesday, December 13, 2011, after asking the plaintiff to describe six horrific acts of sexual abuse, assault, and rape at the hands of a Utah Boys Ranch / West Ridge Academy staff member, Mr. Verde asked the victim “Well, did you become sexually aroused [while you were being assaulted]?”

That's a pretty heavy statement to make if you have no evidence.

Luckily I have evidence to convince even a self-published vanity press so-called writer. It's public record. Do you know what "public record" means?

Furthermore, I was an EYEWITNESS to this event. I was in the room when it happened.

And, if you don't, it's libel, and it's harassment, and it's illegal.

You don't know what words like libel and harassment mean, clearly.

You didn't address any of these questions

I answered your coherent questions. If you have any more, write them in a legible fashion and I'll gladly answer them. But first I'll take an apology.
--Mormon Gulag.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 01:21:01 AM »
[q
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:00:45 PM by Anonymous »

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 01:36:04 AM »
That's not what you said you liar. I saw that you deleted that thread.

What thread, where?

Hey, Mr. I-pay-for-my-own-books-to-be-published-and-then-I-call-myself-a-writer, go ahead and prove that I'm a liar. What thread did I delete? What did it say?

I'm sorry, pal, but you can't blame poor reading comprehension skills or just plain dishonesty on other people. I said what I said, which is what I've been saying all along. You're the only one who seems to have a problem "remembering" it.

I'm sorry you can't man up and admit to this mistake. Hey, sometimes people read too quickly and miss the point. But not vanity press Wayne. He remembers, verbatim, what I said even though now I supposedly deleted it. Okay buddy.

Go fuck yourself Eric. Now that the gloves are off I'll tell you my first thought. Your idea is stupid.

Wayne, I will give your first thought all the attention it deserves:  A nobody, literally, a nobody, tells me my idea is stupid. Well, I guess I'll just have to live with that. Luckily I can weigh your monumentally important opinion against those held by real people, the real professionals, and lawyers, and advocates, and everyone else who actually do things for this cause. I'll have to somehow get over the fact that some wannabe writer who tries to connive victims into buying self-published books thinks my idea is stupid.

If the gloves are really coming off, as you say, you're lucky I have no interest in reviewing your book.

No lawyer would consider this bullshit.

You're right, no lawyer would consider it bullshit. They would applaud it, which they have. Would you like me to connect you with one or two. Real ones, not made up lawyers like Kat and Brian, who aren't and have never been lawyers.

They'd laugh at you.

Grow up, pal. I'm 27 years old, I'm not going to be bullied by someone like you.

Your stupid comment about my writing makes you look like an ass

I'd gladly offer you my professional opinion, if you'd just ask nicely.

Nice meltdown, Wayne. It was sad to watch, but since you've been such a dishonest dickhead, I don't feel too bad letting you have a little healthy dose of the truth.

:rocker:
--Mormon Gulag.com

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 01:43:41 AM »
One last thing, for Vanity Wayne, jurors don't decide who pedophiles are and aren't. That's just plain ignorant.

In law enforcement, the term "pedophile" is generally used to describe those accused or convicted of child sexual abuse under sociolegal definitions of child (including both prepubescent children and adolescents younger than the local age of consent);[17] however, not all child sexual offenders are pedophiles and not all pedophiles engage in sexual abuse of children.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/g8g66p6370731x85/

Knowledge is power, Wayne.  :moon:
--Mormon Gulag.com