Author Topic: I personally escaped this Cult  (Read 97032 times)

Offline TC_Saved_Me

• View Profile
Re: I personally escaped this Cult
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »
I would say the vagueness is appropriately summarised by the entire corpus of theology.

I believed the moment I heard that Jesus died on a cross for my sins to be forgiven.  I also believed the moment I heard that Jesus loved me.  I just never understood why.  There wasn't a single sermon, or church service that gave me reason for any more understanding of my new found faith, so I see what your saying about the vagueness of theology.

I think it's a problem too.

I was a Christian for almost two years before I had enough discussions with others and studied the Bible enough to fully understand all the nuances of why I had become a Christian.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »
T-C, as an American you have the right to believe any fool thing you want. You also had the right of free choise,as to stay or leave your program.Most of the people here did not have that choise. They were minors.If minors in your program are forced to ppadopt a religion or even made to read the Bible.(via court order),that is a clear violation of the separation of church and state. Believe what you want but don't force it upon children who don't know any better.
?©?€~¥@

Offline TC_Saved_Me

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
none-ya, that is completely irrelevant to the conversation that has taken place here.  You are talking about a completely different Teen Challenge.  Furthermore, we stopped talking about Teen Challenge over a week ago in this Discussion.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2011, 05:17:08 PM »
TC - I am happy you are happier and presumably, more ethical. But it all sounds batshit crazy to me.  No different than mythology.

And, really, I have a greater appreciation when people "do the right thing" without the hope or promise of reward. Intrinsic value.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
God save me from your followers!
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
Religion is nothing more than fascism.Believe as I do or suffer the consequences
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
T-C, Funny how you haven't responded To the woman who lost her son at the hands of teen challenge. Not even to offer condolences. How christian.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
T-C, Funny how you haven't responded To the woman who lost her son at the hands of teen challenge. Not even to offer condolences. How christian.
Here's a link to that thread, in case "TC_Saved_Me" is up for it:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
Man wrote the bible,but the facts speak for themselves.
?©?€~¥@

Offline TC_Saved_Me

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »
Quote from: "Samara"
And, really, I have a greater appreciation when people "do the right thing" without the hope or promise of reward. Intrinsic value.

So does the God of the Bible!  He tells us in the old testament that He desires mercy and not sacrifice.  He says that our good deeds are as "filthy rags" in His sight.  Christianity offers no promise of reward for doing the right thing - anyone who says that should study the Bible a little harder (alot of Christians consider the "rewards by doing good deeds" theology to be a terrible fallacy).  The only promise of reward that Christianity offers is eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
BULL, The carrot on the end of the christian stick is heaven.
 And by the way I can't believe we had to shame you into responding to that woman who lost her son. It doesnt even sound like you read her story.
?©?€~¥@

Offline TC_Saved_Me

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
BULL, The carrot on the end of the christian stick is heaven.
 And by the way I can't believe we had to shame you into responding to that woman who lost her son. It doesnt even sound like you read her story.

You must have some serious gall to use that thread as an outlet for your bitterness!  That woman lost her son man!  

That thread is a fond tribute to that woman's son, and I think it was extremely distasteful for you to choose that thread to try to somehow challenge my beliefs.  

If you have a problem with me, fine!  If you have a problem with the rehab that God used to deliver me from an addiction that would have otherwise killed me, FINE!  Take it up with me!  

And if you think you can bate me into being a bad representation of Christ or Christianity, I have news for you... You probably can!  I've been a Christian for six years, and have a lot of growing up to do!  I'll be the first to admit that.  If you think I'm going to drop to your level of cynicalness, and pick a verbal fight on a thread that is honoring that woman's son, you do not know me very well.

Regarding your above comment, I'll have the last word!  You can rot away in your white washed tomb all you want.  I choose to stand before the presence of a Holy and Awesome God when I die!

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for My name's sake, for great is their reward in heaven." - Jesus Christ

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »
That's the nicest way I've ever been told to go to hell. jesus would be so proud of you.
?©?€~¥@

Offline TC_Saved_Me

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
I came here to present a different view of Teen Challenge that I didn't feel was being properly represented.  90% of the centers are for adults (ages 18 and over).  It is that majority that I wanted to offer some insight on.

It was fun how the conversation evolved into a theological discussion, and I always welcome freindly debate about religion.

I'll continue to poke my head in every now and again to see if anyone has any questions about the four Teen Challenge centers that I have first-hand experience with (Philadelphia, San Diego, Riverside, and Pittsburgh).

I'm certainly open for mature discussion about just about anything else as well.  I'll no longer respond to irrelevant castigations though.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
You offered up nothing useful here. You're just trying to do damage control for teen challenge. You say that they helped you, but you don't seem to care that they've killed others. I guess to you that's a fair trade off. I don't care about your religious beliefs I do however care about your attitude towards survivors and their families. Just because you have a plastic fish,and a WWJD? sticker on your car doesn't make you a good person. I'll bet you're the type who goes out to eat and leaves religious tracts on the table instead of a tip. Keep drinking the kool aid from your holy grail!
?©?€~¥@