Author Topic: Green Chimneys is Green Hell  (Read 9777 times)

Offline GCSurvivor

• View Profile
Green Chimneys is Green Hell
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:59:34 PM »
Green Chimneys RTC in Brewster NY is an abuse site and founder/Managing Director Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. brought up on child abuse charges.

I was one of countless kids who were battered there.  Dr. Samuel B. Ross has rightfully been described as a very cruel and dangerous man.  I share some of my experiences and you can also find these bullet items other places on the Internet.

-Sexual abuse took place by staff and some older, stronger predatory students
-Physical abuse by staff occurred daily
-Inferior education wherein students were assigned to an A or a B grade.  B classes were called slow classes.
-Teachers also beat and slapped kids.
-Animals were more important than children.  Animals are what Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. uses to reel in unsuspecting people including donors
-Kids were medicated without parental knowledge or consent and often experienced adverse affects
-Green Chimneys' mission statement claims that Green Chimneys is authorized to medicate kids.  This is not regulated.
-Green Chimneys' job app states no applicant can have a history of cruelty to animals.  Nothing there about no history of child abuse.
-Child abuse was prevalent at Green Chimneys
-You can find it all over the 'net and I speak from experience here - teens who were under 18 were hired to be in charge of the girls dorm and the boys dorms.  Some of them would beat the kids in their care. I had one who beat me daily.  This took place with impunity.
-Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr.  hired sexual predators.  Many kids have been sexually abused at Green Chimneys.
-Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. would make kids eat cigarettes if he thought they had been smoking.  He would beat the kid in question in front of everybody and then make the kid eat the cigarettes.
-Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. would beat kids publicly.
-Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. has kicked kids; slapped kids and pulled people's hair.  He once dragged a girl out of the girls' dorm by her hair.
-Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. tells everybody who is a new arrival that if the Pope is in his office and a kid is having a problem, he'd throw the Pope out.  Parents/guardians fell for that line of bull.  No kid with any interest in remaining alive would EVER go to Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. for help.
-Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. abused kids; hired abusers and condoned abuse.  There are questions remaining as to whether or not the "teachers" he hired for each grade, 1-8 even HAD credentials!
-Food was doled out in meager portions and often cold by the time it got to the table
-Telephone use was severely restricted.  Inmates could only get 2 calls per week and not to exceed 10-15 minutes. Somebody was always nearby, so one had to be careful in what they said.
-Dorm parents have been very abusive.
-Letters were opened and read.  Kids were told not to seal the envelopes when they brought them to the mailbox in the office building where Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. had an office.

Green Chimneys was a very dangerous place.  Kids report abuse at David Hall, the private psychiatric hospital on the grounds and that Ross uses the threat of being sent there or Rockland State to this day.   Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. has been defrauding the public since the inception of Green Chimneys in 1947.

Green Chimneys is just an abusive place. Two rapists who were also serial killers, Philip Zagarella and Eric Napoletano spent years in Green Chimneys in the 1970s.  Richard Pienciak wrote a book about Eric Napoletano, Green Chimneys student in "Mama's Boy: The True Story of a Serial Killer & His Mother."

There are Green Chimneys survivor sites on Facebook; Twitter and other sites.  

Here are some relevant links:

http://www.pcnr.com/news/2001-05-30/Gen ... s/037.html

http://victims4justice.org/

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteens/s ... n+chimneys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWUCw5LsQNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline KarenGCS

• View Profile
Re: Green Chimneys is Green Hell
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »
I wish Green Chimneys' license was revoked.  I'm going to say his name - Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr.  abuses kids and I was there and abuse.  I hate Green Chimneys and I wish the state would revoke their license once and forever.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »
Can you expound on the abuse you personally were subjected to?  A generalistic claim of abuse is typically difficult for say, a prospective parent who may be considering sending their child there to understand.  If you would be willing to elaborate a little, you could prevent someone elese's child from going through what you've been through....
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
OSCAR

GET this information up on the fornits wiki ASAP. I'm too much of a tard to figure out how to format the damn thing.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 10:50:36 AM »
We are pretty much occupied with another project right now, but here is a temporary version:

Offline GCSurvivor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »
Quote from: "hurrikayne"
Can you expound on the abuse you personally were subjected to?  A generalistic claim of abuse is typically difficult for say, a prospective parent who may be considering sending their child there to understand.  If you would be willing to elaborate a little, you could prevent someone elese's child from going through what you've been through....

I will be glad to tell you.  Sexual abuse took place there - there were staffers who would feel kids up.  Some older kids would beat and force smaller kids into sexual acts and use that as a threat.  Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. was threatening to send people to Rockland State Hospital and later on to David Hall, for the boys.  He would beat kids; slap them; pull hair; he even made kids eat cigarettes if he thought the kids were smoking.  I was thrown to the ground; I was literally stepped on; I was called retarded; I was punched, slapped and kicked by staff.  Older kids would humiliate you and make you go into the bathroom where they'd surround you and laugh at you.  Every day you could count on being hurt.  And school was a big charade - you didn't get much in the way of grade level work and if you were in a B class in your grade, you were written of as retarded.  If you were in an A class like I was, you still got called retarded and many of the teachers would slap you and call you names.  In my class, there were boys who exposed themselves and there were even some kids who were mentally ill and talked to themselves and made strange noises and they were abused too.  Some kids would do weird sexual things.  Green Chimneys is a truly horrible place.  Please, do not send anybody there and don't suggest it.  Green Chimneys Survivors can tell you that Green Chimneys is Green Hell.  You can read on line about Philip Zagarella and Eric Napoletano and Eric Lau, violent boys with criminal backgrounds in childhood who went to Green Chimneys and they became adult rapists and serial killers.  Green Chimneys is where that kind of behavior is reinforced because of the abuse that is so widespread and runs through the whole place.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 07:30:32 PM »
Good lad,

I'd try to update it myself, but my proxy sucks. And you all wisely banned all of China.

Not encouraging you guys to unban china given the number of spammers.

Thanks for sorting it and keep up your good work.

Offline LadyJean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
Sending my child to Green Chimneys was bad enough.  Learning that my child had been abused and sexual abuse was involved was mildly putting it devastating.  Worst of all was that I didn't listen to my child and refused to listen when my child was trying to tell me about the extent of the abuse.  All I was doing was enabling the abusers and hiding my head in the sand.  I of all people should know better!

The worst part of it all is that my child stopped trusting me and thinks I approved of what took place at Green Chimneys.  I have since learned from doing some online reading that these three Green Chimneys students, Philip Zagarella, Eric Napoletano and Eric Lau were mentally ill; dangerous even as children and as adults rapists who also killed people.  This was the environment to which I subjected my child.  Yes, you are right - Green Chimneys IS Green Hell and Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. is nothing but an abuser and a liar to everybody at large.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
How recent are these experiences?