Author Topic: Who remembers ? ....I do  (Read 2424 times)

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
Who remembers ? ....I do
« on: December 10, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »
Remember.... The rap stool was taller then Billy
 Remember.... How cold the water fountain was in
              the summer
 remember.... Parking cars on open meetings
 Remember.... Spending the night on security
 Remember.... Libby the mule story
 Remember.... Simon Said
 Remember.... Hokey pokey
 Remember.... Getting a ride home
 Remember.... Telling person next to you "I love
              you."
 Remember.... The seed auto tag
 Remember.... All the door guard locations
 Remember.... The first row
 Remember.... Your first three open meetings
 Remember.... Orange trees
 Remember.... The Seed symbol
 Remember.... Seeing your first druggie friend
 Remember.... Roberts Afro
 Remember.... Bomb scares
 Remember.... Insecurity
 Remember.... Chick and guy head games
 Remember.... First walk to the bathroom
 Remember.... Chicks holding hands
 Remember.... Starting over
 Remember.... Relating  
 Remember.... Stand UP !
 Remember.... Congratulations..see you at next old
              timmers meeting    

TRUCKER
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 06:43:00 PM »
Sure I remember, most of it anyway...and none of it fondly.

What is most disturbing to me about ODD and other 'disorders' is that there is no real attempt to ascertain the environmental picture ? the social, political, and economic factors that drive a person's behavior.  We're asking the wrong questions ? we shouldn't be asking, 'does this kid have a disease called ODD?' but 'why is this kid so at odds with his or her society?'

--Leah Harris, a progressive psychiatrist

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 10:55:00 AM »
Seeing people being yelled at for no particular reason ?

Having to ask permission to go to the bathroom, and being denied when you really had to go ?

What a pathetic worthless loser that midget Billy was ?

What an stupid friggin moron Robert Chun really was ?  

Having people that didn't even know your name telling you that they loved you and cared for you which is the reason for coming down on you ?

Being accussed of having a Druggie attitude for no apparent reason ?

People being paranoid all the time because you never knew if some pathetic unqualified staff member was going to call on you and make your day or night miserable ?

Having staff tell you if you ran from the Seed you would end up dead on the street in a matter of months ? (and then realizing that none of your friends had died or gone to prison and that the seed was bull shitting you ? )

Thinking after you graduated or left the program that basically everything ever told to you was a big bunch of shit and none of it was true ?

Being abused for no reason ?

Being feed shitty food that not even a dog would eat ?

Being dehydrated in the summertime and not being able to get a drink of water ?

Raising your hand and acting like you wanted to be called on and not really having shit to say ?

Pretending to actually like the place to so you could make it through another day ?

Sitting in the group with people who were basically good kids and had no real reason to be in the seed being kept there against their will ?

People who really fought back or resisted getting their ass kicked ?

People getting their ass kicked, then being held down and given a haircut because the people in the seed loved you ?

Being treated and diagnosed by a staff who had no qualifications to diagnose anyone ?

Do you remember sitting in the group just praying for 10 o'clock to get there so that days nightmare could end ?  

Do you remeber graduating from that friggin place and saying to yourself that I pray I will never have to go through that again ?

Anything that the low rent piece of trash Art Barker ever said that was worth listening to ?

How Art Barker and the seed was going to save the world ?

How there would be seeds throughout America ?

How the coward Art Barker always left a county as soon as county officials questioned him with respect to anything ?  

Jackie Gleason donating a limo to a-hole Art for the purpose of him selling it to raise money for the seed, and then Art "the ego maniac" keeping and using it for his own use ?

The faces of the poor miserable new kids at 10:00 am as they were about to begin another grueling day of mental torture ?

How you would be friends with people in the program, then they would disappear never to be mentioned again ?

Seeing a-hole hypocritical staff members back on the 1st row after they screwed up ?

How Art used to claim a 90 % success rate, and then finding out he was completely full of shit ?

Making a decision , at some point in the program, to just go with the flow, so you could just get the hell out of there sooner ?

How good it felt to turn 18 and know that no motherfuckers could put you through such torture again ?

Smoking a big fat joint, and just relaxing, after you got out of the program ?

But most off all I remember the needless and endless suffering of teenage kids for no good reason other than to fight this bogus phony war on drugs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »
I tend to identify with the second set of memories a whole lot clearer, for some reason.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »
Believing that nearly constant tenitis and a lump in my throat was just a normal part of puberty.

Being the punch line of every joke at school and in my home neighborhood.

My dad not being allowed to come around the house because he called Art a "professional alcoholic" and wouldn't sit for all the inapropriate questions and accusations by some wise assed 16yo druggiekid during the "checkout" ritual.

Having to pretend it was all just wonderful as a matter of self preservation.

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 07:26:00 PM »
:eek:
It never ceases to amaze me at how much Straight Inc was The Seed was/is S.A.F.E. was/is Kids Helping Kids was Kids Centers of America.  It's just so weird how the program is nothing but the program, no matter what name you give it and no matter where it's located and no matter how much the followers claim that it's "kinder and gentler" than the parent program was.
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »
One of my favorite memories, almost kicking Art Barker's ass when I ran into him by chance over 4 years after I graduated.

>

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »
"Almost"?  What stopped you??? :smile:

I can see it now, Greg kicks the old man's behind, then says, "Love You Art!"
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Who remembers ? ....I do
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »
The whole story is contained right here in the SDF. You just need to go searching a little for it;.

As for the Seed being just like The straight....Of course!  The straight was just a a cheap rip off of Arts ideas by ex seedlings...and nothing more.

Arms in the hands of citizens [may] be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense...
-- John Adams, (1788)