Author Topic: CITIZENS COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS  (Read 1358 times)

Offline heretik

• View Profile
CITIZENS COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
« on: October 30, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »
Does anybody know anything about this organization. Also where are they on TTI abuses. I didn't read anything that involved investigation into programs. I heard about this organization the other day.

http://www.cchr.org/

CITIZENS COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS:
 The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a nonprofit mental health watchdog, responsible for helping to enact more than 150 laws protecting individuals from abusive or coercive practices. CCHR has long fought to restore basic inalienable human rights to the field of mental health, including, but not limited to, full informed consent regarding the medical legitimacy of psychiatric diagnosis, the risks of psychiatric treatments, the right to all available medical alternatives, and the right to refuse any treatment considered harmful.

http://www.cchr.org/about-us/cchr-accomplishments.html

Accomplishments of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights, Bringing Psychiatry to Justice for More than Four Decades

The Citizens Commision Commission on Human Rights has been on the front lines of mental health reform since 1969. Acknowledged by the Special Rapporteur to the United Nations Human Rights Commission as responsible for “many great reforms” that protect people from psychiatric abuse, CCHR has documented thousands of individual cases that demonstrate psychiatric drugs and often-brutal psychiatric practices create insanity and cause violence.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: CITIZENS COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"
Does anybody know anything about this organization. Also where are they on TTI abuses. I didn't read anything that involved investigation into programs. I heard about this organization the other day.
CCHR is a Scientology front group. From what I understand, Scientologists are opposed to the practice of psychiatry, and CCHR is one of the vehicles via which they seek to highlight abuses perpetrated by said profession.

The inherently abusive practice of subjecting people to coercive thought reform milieus, however, is apparently something that CCHR would prefer not to draw too much attention to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------