Author Topic: Green Chimneys, Maltreatment Center  (Read 18494 times)

Offline LadyJean

• View Profile
Green Chimneys, Maltreatment Center
« on: October 08, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »
Green Chimneys in Brewster, NY is nothing but a Maltreatment Center.  My child was brutalized by staff and I later learned sexual abuse was part of the picture.  DO NOT SEND ANY CHILD TO GREEN CHIMNEYS NOR RECOMMEND GREEN CHIMNEYS TO ANYBODY!!!

Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. is nothing but a charletan, a mountebank, a liar.  He is good at swindling, yes, swindling money from big corporations and conning famous people to do photo shoots with, all with the idea of continuing this Maltreatment Center and fooling the public at large.  It was a jaw-dropping moment for me to learn that I was not the only parent to get the "the Pope gets kicked out of my office if a child has trouble" routine.  Other parents were told the same thing, practically if not verbatim.  My own child said that you don't seek help from Dr. Ross; he is just what you need protection from!

Dr. Ross Jr. is, according to my child and other kids I've listened, yes LISTENED to a very cruel person.  Kids have disclosed genuine horror stories of being slapped and having their hair pulled and sundry physical abuses, including beatings in front of the entire student body.  I also learned that untrained staff manned the dorms and kids were left to supervise the rooms.  Abuse was common and I have since  learned that many survivors, as these Green Chimneys kids are calling themselves are coming forward with disclosures.  I only wish I'd listened to my child when my child was trying to tell me about what was taking place there.  Hiding my head in the sand and defending the powers that be was the worst thing I could have done.  Had I only listened, I could have spared my child the extreme level of abuse and resulting trauma.  

The Green Chimneys videos on YouTube are completely deceptive.  Nobody can leave comments.  If you try, you get the "comment pending moderator approval" routine.  Loosely translated, that means nobody can leave any negative comments. Again, this is with the idea of fooling the public.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline LadyJean

• View Profile
Re: Green Chimneys, Maltreatment Center
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »
I have also since learned and very recently that groups calling themselves survivors are speaking out about Green Chimneys.  They don't just take any child; they take court adjudicated cases where violence and criminal behavior are included.  These kids with dangerous backgrounds mix with nonviolent kids and as a result, a lot of sickness and abuse goes unchecked in such cases together with staff abuse of kids.

If that isn't bad enough, kids with violent and criminal pasts as well as poorly treated mental illness are sent to Green Chimneys, like Eric Lau.  He was arrested for murder in 2009.  Two others like him were Eric Napoletano and Philip Zagarella, both of whom killed people.  One survivor said that Dr. Ross sweeps these things under the rug or locks them in David Hall so as to keep on accepting praise and money from the public.

Offline MedicalWhistleblower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »
In regards to the professionalism of the staff at Green Chimneys:

Green Chimneys does an extensive background check on all employees, including Criminal History, State Central Registry on Child Abuse, Sexual Offenders Registry, Education and References.  There are training programs brought in to provide staff continuing education on professional issues and the facility is licensed and inspected regularly. The school psychologists must have Master's Degree in School Psychology as well as a NYS Certification as School Psychologist. The overnight nurse is required to have a current license in NYS and one year clinical experience in pediatric or psychiatric nursing.  For the position of occupational therapist NBCOT certification is preferred.  The occupational therapist must have a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy with a Masters is preferable as well as one year experience working with children.  The occupational therapist must be certified with New York State Education Department, or in process of securing licensure.  All youth counselors are required to take Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training and take on going professional training as required by state licensing requirements.   All lifeguards working in the pool area are required to have American Red Cross Lifeguard Training/First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer training is required.  The skill builder must have BA or AA with some field experience or a High School diploma with three years experience in related field and must meet all requirements from contracted agencies New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) and Children’s Village (B2H).  Staff who drive the children all must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.

Green Chimneys is also internationally known for its animal-assisted methods.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »
Eric Lau is accused of stabbing to death 32 year old gym teacher Jami Erlich 32 and Eric Lau now is facing murder charges.  Clearly this was a very troubled child who became even more problematic as he aged.  State Supreme Court Justice William A. Kelly scheduled Lau's next court appearance for Nov. 7, with jury selection set for Nov. 11.

Eric Lau who is now 32 years old, had a long history of mental illness that dates back to when he was 8 years old.  Lau had attended Birchwood School, a kindergarten- through-12th grade school in the Clarkstown school district that accommodates children with emotional or behavior problems.  

At age 16, Lau was placed in David Hall, a residential treatment facility for teenage boys with psychiatric illnesses, at Green Chimneys in Putnam County.  He apparently did not stay long at Green Chimneys because he was expelled from high school in Clarkstown for assault and his criminal record includes a felony conviction for attempted robbery and five other arrests in 1996 and 1997, when he was 18 and 19, according to court testimony.  Green Chimneys does not keep boys who are older than 17.

It is unfortunate that he did not obtain adequate care for his emotional problems during the formative years of his early childhood. He is clearly an example of a child who needed more effective treatment from the system and got too little too late.  Green Chimneys was a short term placement that happened after he was already 16 years old and had many years of behavioral problems before that placement.

Residents in Green Chimneys receive their educational classes at the Green Chimneys campus not at Clarkstown – so it appears that Lau’s placement at Green Chimneys was short term at best.  If a child’s behavior is unmanageable in the Green Chimneys facility or the child is deemed to present a danger to himself or others he would be transferred out of the program.  

Green Chimneys School is designed for students who have been unsuccessful in a traditional educational setting and who require a small, structured and therapeutically supportive setting.  There are small class sizes, high staff-to-student ratio, well-trained teaching staff and a safe and a therapeutic environment.  Children who do not do well in the less restrictive atmosphere of Green Chimneys will of course be placed elsewhere.

Green Chimneys offers a 14-bed psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) at the Brewster Campus. The New York State Office of Mental Health licensed program serves seriously emotionally disturbed adolescent males between the ages of 13 to 17 on admission, who require supervised, comprehensive, residential mental health services on a 24-hour basis. An anticipated length of stay for each of these young people is expected typically to exceed six months. Almost all services for these youth are provided on the Green Chimney premises by a multidisciplinary treatment team, and the services are dictated by and integrated into a treatment plan for each young man. The program fills a service gap between psychiatric hospitalization, which is too restrictive for these boys, and less-structured group settings, which are not self contained enough.  Referrals to this program must be made to a regional Pre-Admission Certification Committees (PACC) and only with the written approval of a psychiatrist who determines eligibility for each boy referred.  Residents who are housed in David Hall and receive their education in the Green Chimneys School program, with varying degrees of classroom and program integration. The program has access, as clinically appropriate, to all of the Green Chimneys program resources on the campus.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »
This is Green Chimneys Animal Assisted Therapy Program

ANIMAL-ASSISTED THERAPY AND ACTIVITIES

What’s the differences between Animal Assisted Therapy and Animal Assisted Activities?

Animal Assisted Activities provide opportunities for motivational, educational, recreational, and/or therapeutic benefits to enhance quality of life. AAA are delivered in a variety of environments by specially trained professionals, paraprofessionals, and/or volunteers, in association with animals that meet specific criteria.”

Animal Assisted Therapy is a goal-directed intervention in which an animal that meets specific criteria is an integral part of the treatment process. AAT is directed and/or delivered by a health/human service professional with specialized expertise, and within the scope of practice of his/her profession.

Why does animal assisted therapy work?

Children can respond to animals in ways they often can’t to people. The human-animal contact helps bring out a nurturing instinct.  Learning to care for animals seems to develop a sense of responsibility and caring among children who may not have known that themselves.  Contacts range from children who play with a dog, cat or rabbit during a session with a trained adult, to the more comprehensive approach used by Green Chimneys where children experience an immersion with animals, including therapeutic horseback riding, horticulture therapy including greenhouse and garden work, nature, adventure activities and the training of assistance dogs for people with physical disabilities.  We have found that many of our children come to us unable to trust others due to very difficult situations.  They are often sad or angry.  They are more apt to risk a friendship with an animal because the animal will not ask questions, will not judge them and will not tell their secrets to anyone. The animal then becomes a bridge to the caring adults who are trying to help the child become successful.

Are there clinical benefits to animal-assisted therapy and activities?

•   Caring – to be encouraged to demonstrate and feel care for other living beings
•   Trust – to experience trust toward farm/garden staff and with the animals
•   Emotional Regulation- to develop the ability to function appropriately despite emotional challenges with farm/garden staff, peers and with plants and animals
•   Relationship building – to become part of a greater “we”; that cares for the gardens and animals, to feel a healthy sense of belonging to a group that shares common goals and interests. Learning how to build healthy peer relationships and to relate with adults.
•   Self- Esteem - as competence is experienced and the child feels accepted, self esteem can become strengthened
•   Anxiety Reduction – fears can be mastered and behavior patterns can be learned to cope with anxiety
•   Empathy Development - the ability to gauge and imagine anothers emotional state, both animal and human
•   Task Mastery – to be able to actively participate in caring for animals and plants
•   Conceptual Mastery- to become knowledgeable and competent around plants and animals
•   Vocational responsibility – to experience what a work ethic is and to feel real responsibility
•   Body Localization - Child develops the ability to locate and identify parts of the horse’s/animal’s body.  This activity aids in developing an awareness and understanding of one’s own body.
•   Health and Hygiene - Child develops an understanding of the principals of health & hygiene.  In care for the horses, animals and plants, students are led to understand and utilize good habits.
•   Balance and Rhythm- Child develops the ability to maintain gross and fine motor balance and to move rhythmically while working around animals or riding horses.  Child is continuously involved in interpreting and reacting to the animal’s movements.
•   Directionality and Laterality - Child develops the ability to know and respond to right, left, up, down, forward, backward and directional orientation.  Activities focusing on directing an animal or working in the garden in a specific direction are used to aid the child in developing sensitivity to directionality of his body and space.
•   Time Orientation-  Child develops an awareness of determining feeding time, exercise time, and resting time for the animals, students develop an awareness of the appropriate activities based on the weather and seasonal change.
•   Anticipatory Response-  Child develops the ability to anticipate the probable outcome of his behavior with the animals and plants.  If he yells or acts out, the animal will become frightened and react negatively.  This aids the child in predicting the consequences of his own behavior and that of others in a given situation.
•   Comprehension -Child develops the ability to use judgment and reasoning in riding and working with animals and plants.  This enhances his ability to use judgment and reasoning when interacting with other forces in his environment.
•   Perceptual and Cognitive - Child develops and is stimulated through training in spatial orientation, body image, hand-eye coordination, motor planning and timing, improved attention span, memory and concentration.
•   Physical -Child develops to effectively influence muscular strength and tone.
Academic Impacts: There are three major types of goals commonly focused on in an academic school setting -
1.   Academic goals pertain to schooling. Children attempts to improve competence and knowledge in various subject areas. In the nature-based programs, skills such as reading, writing, mathematical skills, social studies and history can be integrated into “real life” non-academic situations. Reading a book in class may seem too hard, but reading the directions on a sheep feed bag seems important and manageable.
2.   Process goals focus on how you do something. Children learn how to do math problems, how to write, read etc. In learning how to measure animal feed, how to distinguish names of plants on a sign, children can be motivated more easily to attempt the process of learning. Learning to count in school seems uninteresting, but counting the chickens in the coop is a fun challenge.
3.   Character goals describe the attitude with which to approach work. Children learn how to adapt to the demands of school and how to effectively and successfully function in the academic setting. Even students that have a difficult time cooperating with peers in the school, to follow directions from staff, often develop these character skills first in the nature based programs. A child may not want to follow a teachers directions in class, but the same child will learn how to follow the direction of the riding instructor while riding.

The activities and work in the Green Chimneys nature-based programs directly and indirectly translate and “feed back” into the NY state mandated education standards required of Green Chimneys School

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »
You can see the Green Chimneys Program information on line at:

http://http://www.greenchimneys.org/

Offline Troublemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 03:53:02 PM »
Quote from: "LadyJean"
Green Chimneys in Brewster, NY is nothing but a Maltreatment Center.  My child was brutalized by staff and I later learned sexual abuse was part of the picture.  DO NOT SEND ANY CHILD TO GREEN CHIMNEYS NOR RECOMMEND GREEN CHIMNEYS TO ANYBODY!!!

Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. is nothing but a charletan, a mountebank, a liar.  He is good at swindling, yes, swindling money from big corporations and conning famous people to do photo shoots with, all with the idea of continuing this Maltreatment Center and fooling the public at large.  It was a jaw-dropping moment for me to learn that I was not the only parent to get the "the Pope gets kicked out of my office if a child has trouble" routine.  Other parents were told the same thing, practically if not verbatim.  My own child said that you don't seek help from Dr. Ross; he is just what you need protection from!

Dr. Ross Jr. is, according to my child and other kids I've listened, yes LISTENED to a very cruel person.  Kids have disclosed genuine horror stories of being slapped and having their hair pulled and sundry physical abuses, including beatings in front of the entire student body.  I also learned that untrained staff manned the dorms and kids were left to supervise the rooms.  Abuse was common and I have since  learned that many survivors, as these Green Chimneys kids are calling themselves are coming forward with disclosures.  I only wish I'd listened to my child when my child was trying to tell me about what was taking place there.  Hiding my head in the sand and defending the powers that be was the worst thing I could have done.  Had I only listened, I could have spared my child the extreme level of abuse and resulting trauma.  

The Green Chimneys videos on YouTube are completely deceptive.  Nobody can leave comments.  If you try, you get the "comment pending moderator approval" routine.  Loosely translated, that means nobody can leave any negative comments. Again, this is with the idea of fooling the public.
The troubled teen industry is ineffective because advocates are after money, fame or are as abusive as the programs they\'re fighting

Offline Paul LGN

• View Profile
    • http://www.logoian.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 06:38:59 AM »
Green Chimneys has been called an abuse mill. There are tweets on Twitter about abuse there; there are survivor groups on the Internet. I was abused when I was there and the abuse was far-reaching. Kids were beaten, slapped, kicked, punched, had their hair pulled and were physically, verbally and in some cases sexually abused. Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. is nothing but a sadistic fraud and he has hired people who have questionable backgrounds. The people hired to teach may or may not even be certified teachers. Many staff were abusive and every day you prayed you'd get through at least until the afternoon without being abused.

Offline Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 02:54:53 AM »
Quote from: "MedicalWhistleblower"
This is Green Chimneys Animal Assisted Therapy Program

ANIMAL-ASSISTED THERAPY AND ACTIVITIES

What’s the differences between Animal Assisted Therapy and Animal Assisted Activities?

Animal Assisted Activities provide opportunities for motivational, educational, recreational, and/or therapeutic benefits to enhance quality of life. AAA are delivered in a variety of environments by specially trained professionals, paraprofessionals, and/or volunteers, in association with animals that meet specific criteria.”

Animal Assisted Therapy is a goal-directed intervention in which an animal that meets specific criteria is an integral part of the treatment process. AAT is directed and/or delivered by a health/human service professional with specialized expertise, and within the scope of practice of his/her profession.

Why does animal assisted therapy work?

Children can respond to animals in ways they often can’t to people. The human-animal contact helps bring out a nurturing instinct.  Learning to care for animals seems to develop a sense of responsibility and caring among children who may not have known that themselves.  Contacts range from children who play with a dog, cat or rabbit during a session with a trained adult, to the more comprehensive approach used by Green Chimneys where children experience an immersion with animals, including therapeutic horseback riding, horticulture therapy including greenhouse and garden work, nature, adventure activities and the training of assistance dogs for people with physical disabilities.  We have found that many of our children come to us unable to trust others due to very difficult situations.  They are often sad or angry.  They are more apt to risk a friendship with an animal because the animal will not ask questions, will not judge them and will not tell their secrets to anyone. The animal then becomes a bridge to the caring adults who are trying to help the child become successful.

Are there clinical benefits to animal-assisted therapy and activities?

•   Caring – to be encouraged to demonstrate and feel care for other living beings
•   Trust – to experience trust toward farm/garden staff and with the animals
•   Emotional Regulation- to develop the ability to function appropriately despite emotional challenges with farm/garden staff, peers and with plants and animals
•   Relationship building – to become part of a greater “we”; that cares for the gardens and animals, to feel a healthy sense of belonging to a group that shares common goals and interests. Learning how to build healthy peer relationships and to relate with adults.
•   Self- Esteem - as competence is experienced and the child feels accepted, self esteem can become strengthened
•   Anxiety Reduction – fears can be mastered and behavior patterns can be learned to cope with anxiety
•   Empathy Development - the ability to gauge and imagine anothers emotional state, both animal and human
•   Task Mastery – to be able to actively participate in caring for animals and plants
•   Conceptual Mastery- to become knowledgeable and competent around plants and animals
•   Vocational responsibility – to experience what a work ethic is and to feel real responsibility
•   Body Localization - Child develops the ability to locate and identify parts of the horse’s/animal’s body.  This activity aids in developing an awareness and understanding of one’s own body.
•   Health and Hygiene - Child develops an understanding of the principals of health & hygiene.  In care for the horses, animals and plants, students are led to understand and utilize good habits.
•   Balance and Rhythm- Child develops the ability to maintain gross and fine motor balance and to move rhythmically while working around animals or riding horses.  Child is continuously involved in interpreting and reacting to the animal’s movements.
•   Directionality and Laterality - Child develops the ability to know and respond to right, left, up, down, forward, backward and directional orientation.  Activities focusing on directing an animal or working in the garden in a specific direction are used to aid the child in developing sensitivity to directionality of his body and space.
•   Time Orientation-  Child develops an awareness of determining feeding time, exercise time, and resting time for the animals, students develop an awareness of the appropriate activities based on the weather and seasonal change.
•   Anticipatory Response-  Child develops the ability to anticipate the probable outcome of his behavior with the animals and plants.  If he yells or acts out, the animal will become frightened and react negatively.  This aids the child in predicting the consequences of his own behavior and that of others in a given situation.
•   Comprehension -Child develops the ability to use judgment and reasoning in riding and working with animals and plants.  This enhances his ability to use judgment and reasoning when interacting with other forces in his environment.
•   Perceptual and Cognitive - Child develops and is stimulated through training in spatial orientation, body image, hand-eye coordination, motor planning and timing, improved attention span, memory and concentration.
•   Physical -Child develops to effectively influence muscular strength and tone.
Academic Impacts: There are three major types of goals commonly focused on in an academic school setting -
1.   Academic goals pertain to schooling. Children attempts to improve competence and knowledge in various subject areas. In the nature-based programs, skills such as reading, writing, mathematical skills, social studies and history can be integrated into “real life” non-academic situations. Reading a book in class may seem too hard, but reading the directions on a sheep feed bag seems important and manageable.
2.   Process goals focus on how you do something. Children learn how to do math problems, how to write, read etc. In learning how to measure animal feed, how to distinguish names of plants on a sign, children can be motivated more easily to attempt the process of learning. Learning to count in school seems uninteresting, but counting the chickens in the coop is a fun challenge.
3.   Character goals describe the attitude with which to approach work. Children learn how to adapt to the demands of school and how to effectively and successfully function in the academic setting. Even students that have a difficult time cooperating with peers in the school, to follow directions from staff, often develop these character skills first in the nature based programs. A child may not want to follow a teachers directions in class, but the same child will learn how to follow the direction of the riding instructor while riding.

The activities and work in the Green Chimneys nature-based programs directly and indirectly translate and “feed back” into the NY state mandated education standards required of Green Chimneys School

Hmmmm thanks for sharing this about physical therapy i really like ur post it was quite helpful quite interesting i got so many new things in this post u really have the knowledge thanks.........

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »
If you believe that you have credible information regarding sexual or physical abuse of a child or even psychological abuse - you can report this to the appropriate agency.  Green Chimneys is a licensed, regulated and inspected facility so they are clearly under state and federal guidelines for the proper treatment of children there.  If you honestly believe that you have direct first hand knowledge of abuse you can report that abuse to the state authorities.   Child abuse and maltreatment hotline (1-800-342-3720).

The process of investigation of a child abuse case involves the civil rights and constitutional protections of opposing parties thus it is very complex and difficult and should be done by those knowledgeable about child abuse issues who are fully authorized to do a complete and thorough investigation.

False allegations are very damaging to reputations and professional careers and yet we do need to err on the side of protecting the child.  

It is a horrible truth that children are abused, reports are given, mandated reporters not protected by the system and they often suffer retaliation.  When this happens the investigation gets so muddied that it goes nowhere and often children are not properly protected.

Abusive families often manipulate their abused children to obtain welfare benefits and to hide their own indiscretions.  In addition it is common for an abused child to be so fearful of the person who originally abused them that they, when confronted with the child abuse investigator, will lie and refuse to tell the truth about the "real" abuser.  This is because the person who really abused the child has huge psychological coercive control  over the victim.   Child victims often are torn between love of the parent or caregiver that abused them and fear of the abuse they suffered.   It is not uncommon for the child victim to want to go back to the home where they were abused - because what little love they had in their lives was there and they want a family to belong to.  Institutions are not a true replacement for a loving and caring family.  Children who come into the system after multiple investigations into previous child abuse - are very emotionally damaged, have difficulty trusting and many behavioral issues.

I have not been active in this field for decades so I may not be current in my understanding but to the best of my recollection this is the reporting requirements for child abuse in New York State.

New York Mandatory Reporting Requirements Regarding Children

Who Must Report? Any of the following, when acting in their professional or official
capacities:
??Physicians;
??Registered physician assistants;
??Surgeons;
??Medical examiners;
??Coroners;
??Dentists;
??Dental hygienists;
??Osteopaths;
??Optometrists;
??Chiropractors;
??Podiatrists;
??Residents;
??Interns;
??Psychologists;
??Registered nurses;
??Social workers;
??Emergency medical technicians;
??Licensed creative arts therapists;
??Licensed marriage and family therapists;
??Licensed mental health counselors;
??Licensed psychoanalysts;
??Hospital personnel engaged in the admission, examination,
care, or treatment of persons;
??Christian Science practitioners;
??School officials (which includes but is not limited to school
teacher, school guidance counselor, school psychologist,
school social worker, school nurse, school administrator or
other school personnel required to hold a teaching or
administrative license or certificate);
??Social services workers;
??Day care center workers;
??School-age child care workers;
??Providers of family or group family day care;
??Employees or volunteers in a residential care facility;
??Child care or foster care workers;
??Mental health professionals;
??Substance abuse counselors;
??Alcoholism counselors;
??All persons credentialed by the office of alcoholism and
substance abuse services;
??Peace officers;
??Police officers;
??District attorneys or assistant district attorneys;
??Investigators employed in the office of a district attorney; and
??Other law enforcement officials.

Standard of Knowledge ??Reasonable cause to suspect that a child coming before them
in their professional or official capacity is an abused or maltreated child, or reasonable cause to suspect that a child is an abused or maltreated child where the parent, guardian, custodian, or other person legally responsible for such child comes before them in their professional or official capacity and states from personal knowledge facts, conditions, or circumstances which, if correct, would render the child an abused or maltreated child.

??Social services workers are required to report or cause a report to be made when they have reasonable cause to suspect that a child is an abused or maltreated child where a person comes before them in their professional or official capacity and states from personal knowledge facts, conditions or circumstances which, if correct, would render the child an abused or maltreated child.

Definition of Applicable Victim

A person under the age of 18 who is abused or maltreated. “Abused child” means a child less than eighteen years of age whose parent or other person legally responsible for his care inflicts or allows to be inflicted serious bodily harm, causes a substantial risk of serious bodily harm, or sexually abuses a child. A “maltreated child” includes a child who has been neglected as defined by family court act or has suffered serious physical injury by other than accidental means. [Special definitions apply to abused or neglected children in residential care (see N.Y. Soc. Serv. Law § 412-a)]

Reports Made To ??Oral reports must be made to the statewide central register of child abuse and maltreatment hotline (1-800-342-3720). The reporter should request the address for submitting the written report when making the oral report.

??Written reports must be made to the local child protective service (except that written reports involving children in residential care or children being cared for in a home operated or supervised by an authorized agency, office of children and family services, or an office of the department of mental hygiene, must be made to the statewide central register of child abuse and maltreatment).

Whenever such person is required to report under this title in his or her capacity as a member of the staff of a medical or other public or private institution, school, facility or agency, he or she shall make the report as required by this title and immediately notify the person in charge of such institution, school, facility or agency, or his or her designated agent. Such person in charge, or the designated agent of such person, shall be responsible for all subsequent administration necessitated by the report. Any report shall include the name, title and contact information for every staff person of the institution who is believed to have direct knowledge of the allegations in the report.

Contents of Report Written reports shall include:
??The names and addresses of the child and his or her parents or other person responsible for his or her care (if known);
??The name and address of the residential care facility or program in which the child resides or is receiving care (if
any);
??The child’s age, sex, and race;
??The nature and extent of the child’s injuries, abuse, or maltreatment (including any evidence of prior injuries, abuse,
or maltreatment to the child or his or her siblings);
??The name of the person or persons alleged to be responsible for causing the injury, abuse, or maltreatment (if known);
??Family composition (where appropriate);
??The source of the report;
??The identity of the person making the report and where he or she can be reached;
??The actions taken by the reporting source; and
??Any other information required by regulation or which the
person making the report believes might be helpful

Offline albertodegama

• View Profile
    • http://www.sandfordhighschool.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:48 AM »
Our physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and social workers provide special medical evaluations for children, adolescents and adults. Patients and their families are then referred to community agencies for counseling and other services.

We are an accredited specialty services provider. The Washington State Crime Victims Compensation Program pays for every evaluation. Patients or their families will not be charged.

Victims of an assault that occurred within the last 96 hours should be seen at a hospital emergency room. Our sexual assault nurse examiners are on call to the Providence St. Peter Hospital Emergency Center.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »
Green Chimmneys Farm Center is located in Brewster, New York  not in Washington State.   It is an integral part of child protective services provider network in that state and most cases are paid for by public funds, and are referred by the court, CPS or welfare agencies in the state of New York.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
YouTube clip: green chimneys facts
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
YouTube clip:

green chimneys facts
      3:14
      Added: 5 months ago
      Views: 1,061[/list][/list]
      -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Comments: "green chimneys facts"
      « Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 11:31:27 AM »
      Comments left for the above YouTube clip, #s 1-20:

RoughGrunt ·   5 months ago
        Believed... you? spelled this word wrong.
      highimpactsurvivor ·   5 months ago
        Oh well... I'm glad? there's someone going through videos on here and corrects bad spelling and grammar! Where would we be without u...
      UmbrellaGirl64 ·   5 months ago
        I'm glad there's finally a video that tells? it like it is. Green Chimneys is infamous for abuse. It is a horrible place where the animals are put before the children and beatings are common place.
      UmbrellaGirl64 ·   5 months ago
        I was there and went through some major? abuse. Thank you for this video!
      RedditTroubledTeens ·   5 months ago
        Google 'Green Chimney Survivors' for more info. There are stories of horrible beatings and unspeakable cruelty to kids. The worst part is,big celebrities like Richard Gere and Martha Stewart have attended gala's to raise money? for Green Chimneys! Somebody tell them what's really going on!!
      cathy2earth ·   5 months ago
        Good Job Awesome Video? :)
      DeterminedRam ·   5 months ago
        It's high long past time somebody told the truth about Green Chimneys. That is not the place to send anybody. Green Chimneys = abuse. That place is just abuse.?
      123yubbers ·   2 months ago
        I don't have an opinion for or against Chimneys.However; I do have opinions about random people posting claims in a very liberal and open environment where credibility is impossible to prove.Rhetorical question -but who are you and where is the information coming from? When did everyone? become a Green Chimneys expert?Reality check- not everything one sees or reads is true, either for or against Chimneys. Independant research. Everyone should try it before relying solely on a loose youtube video.
        UmbrellaGirl64 ·   2 months ago
          @123yubbers
          I was there and I? was abused every single day. I was kicked and thrown to the ground and had my hair pulled by staff. Not a day passed when I wasn't told by at least one staff member that I was stupid and useless. There was sexual abuse too, but I won't go into detail about that. There is a lot online now from survivors. Oh, and there were Philip Zagarella, Eric Napoletano and Eric Lau who all were rapist/killers. Green Chimneys boys too.[/list]
            @UmbrellaGirl64
            The point I was trying to make Umbrella was not whether or not Green Chimneys was? bad or good. The point I was making is that youtube is not exactly a sound environment for learning about these things. You for example, what proof do I have that you were there? What if you simply believe strongly against this place because of all these videos and you're blatantly lying cause you're peeved at me. You could be anyone, you could say anything; This format does not make you prove it.[/list]
              @123yubbers
              How can I be peeved at you? I don't even know you.

I don't know how to prove I was? there. I do have the crappy little certificates I got at the end of term there. I have other things like PTSD. This is the only video I know of about it. Just like you, too could be anyone and we don't have any proof of what you're saying either.[/list]
                @UmbrellaGirl64
                You don't need proof of who I am. I'm not stating facts, only opinions. You're stating facts about who you are and where you've been, I'm not. It doesn't matter WHO I am. I'm just a woman with an opinion about mass media and? bias.[/list]
                  @UmbrellaGirl64
                  As well..... I? have to ask you.. Are you only peeved by people you know? Cause that's just damn impressive if that were the case.[/list]
                    @123yubbers
                    No, I am not peeved. I was physically & sexually abused at Green Chimneys. Merely feeling "peeved" at these traumatic experiences is a mild response. What you see in this video is the real Green Chimneys. I don't need proof of who you are any more than you need proof of who I am and I am not seeking information. I had welts all over my? body from some of the beatings I got from staff there. Restraints are used there. Kids have been body slammed. Read about it online.[/list]
                      @UmbrellaGirl64
                      You are utterly Oblivious to my point.[/list][/list]
                      highimpactsurvivor ·   2 months ago
                        How do u know if I didn't go and witness these things myself. U can't. Who are you and y make comments on things you don't even know about. U should look at other peoples claims on other videos. Maybe if you research...? You will find lots more than what was posted in my video. Thanks. Have a great day
                          @highimpactsurvivor
                          You've just proven my point. I DON'T know if you went and witnessed these things yourself.There is no way for me TO know.I'm sure I can hop on Google and find all sorts of information. f you're the? type of person who believes what you read simply because there is an abundance of it then you are not the kind of person who would understand what I'm talking about.I have no problem with your video, but your description should have the information necessary to back your claims up.[/list][/list]
                          highimpactsurvivor ·   2 months ago
                            so basically you are saying that in order to believe that a cat for example is walking around on its hind legs and doing something stupidly funny i need to have proof that it happened? this is the same thing im not asking people to believe my story and to rely on this for whether or not you send your kid there.? youtube isn't all about facts... GET OVER IT!!!!!!! and quit posting crap comments. people will believe whatever they want to believe.
                          GreenChimney1 ·   1 month ago
                            JOIN? US ON FACEBOOK, ( GREEN CHIMNEYS SURVIVORS)
                          GreenChimney1 ·   1 month ago
                            WE ENCOURAGE PARENTS OF STUDENTS TO JOIN US ON FACEBOOK, (GREEN? CHIMNEYS SURVIVORS)

# # #

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                          Comments: "green chimneys facts"
                          « Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
                          Comments left for the above YouTube clip, #s 21-24:

HiHAtERR13 ·   1 month ago
                            At 2:20, I was put on medications that weren't supposed to be taken by anyone under 18. I can prove I was? on them. But, if you ask Dr.Agnes, she'd completely deny the fact. I still have prescriptions with her name on it.
                            There was alot of abuse at GC. I saw Mr.King & Mr.Johnson break one of my classmates legs.. One of the staff Ms.P even grabbed me by neck and dug her nails into my skin. Mr.Pagan through my CD player against the wall and broke it. I've been slammed into walls, hit, scratched, etc. By most of the staff there? & witnessed it.. They just pay people to keep the shit they do quiet. I was recently taken out of there ( This past June ).. The staff are sicker than the kids.
                            Especially when the new dorms were up, everything? got worse.. I've been called really mean things by the staff there.. I've even woke up & saw the staff ( Ms.P, Ms.Jones, Mr.Thornton, & Ms.Heather ) Passed out drunk on the couch.. I know kids who were sexually abused there.. People just think they have such a good rep. because of the trips they take us on, & the farm.. But if you were to stay there & see how the staff are, you'd see how horrible that place really is.
                          GoodSpoonful ·   1 week ago[/size]
                            Green Chimneys is horrible like everybody said. I know from being there.

Dr. Ross is a bully and a sick coward. You can't leave any comments on videos Green Chimneys makes because he's scared his mask will come off and the? world will see how corrupt and cruel he really is. Beat up every day; restraints and being kicked and whacked by staff. Horrible place - NEVER SEND ANYBODY THERE!

# # #