Author Topic: Please take this back to the Elan Forum  (Read 938 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Please take this back to the Elan Forum
« on: December 09, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »
Okay, I am going to say a few words and then butt out.  There are those of us here that have watched the fornits site grow out of 6 or 7 people into what it is today. It is special to us, it has meaning, and we have watched countless people stare down their childhood demons here. In its current state of kaos, this is now impossible and one would have to wonder if those responsible have gotten what they wanted, a disrupted forum that is not productive anymore.

The Elan site has always been kind of the bastard child of Fornits, where adult children romped and took viscious shots at each other. That was okay because it was there.

Now it is here, and Straight forum members are participating and thereby trashing up this site as well.

If you guys want to have a flame war, flame away...please just take it back to the Elan site. Lets think for a minute about what the purpose of this site is and show some respect to the people who have worked so hard to provide this free and valuable service.  

It is very easy to have a negative presence but takes some thought and humanity to be a positive influence here. I would hope some of you would think about your words and actions over the past week and find something better to do with your time than to spread visciousness and negativity around this very special website.

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
--Thomas Paine

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »
Okay man.  
In my posts I am certain I have had several negative verbations, angry and all that other stuff, too.
I am looking for the revolution my friend.  I would like to find it here.  
All this confusion and anarchy you are talking about is definitively something I wish, like you, would be put to something organized in finding a solution to problems we are all aware that continue to wreck society and our own lives.  Ditto to all this again.
What I like that you posted is that these sites, this is the only one I know of so far - and you mentioned another one I have yet to go to, is THAT these sites are meant to attain the very thing I am looking for; healing and maybe a little bit of understanding in the meantime.  Here is my revolution.

Very truly yours, AAOU.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »
my friend, solving the big problems of the world is a great goal, but it has to start with each one of us. Revolution probably won't come in the form you are thinking...a sudden immediate change in the teen help industry and immediate retribution and understanding by all. The changes being made are being made slowly, by people like Wes and Ginger and others who take time to research, to really learn and understand what this whole teen help industry has been about,  and then to write essays, to challenge long held beliefs about childhood treatment centers...to write letters to newspapers and internet groups that are widely read...to contact media outlets and magazines.  These are the positive things that happen, not viscious troll attacks designed to disrupt a public service form. And responding to these disruptions, as tempting as it is, only feeds the trolls.

Now, if you have unresolved issues stemming from your childhood time spent in thought reform, identify them and work on them. It really is that easy, and that difficult. The thing that helped me was to finally realize that it is just part of who I am, that I will always carry it with me. You just can't wear it as a wound for all to see, nor can you blame all your adult problems on what happened to you so many years ago. Another thing, I could never sucessfully bury it. It was just to hurtfull and painfull to keep a dark secret. Once out in the open to my friends, children and others, the power of the deep dark secret lost some juice.

If you want to talk privately, pm me.

Greg.

Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundation, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813912652/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> James Madison