Author Topic: The Wiz is Flushed From Cover  (Read 4606 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
The Wiz is Flushed From Cover
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
March 27, 2009
College of Alberta Physiologists
2100 Sun Life Place
10123 99 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3H1
Re: Mandatory Registration and Use of Title Psychologist
Further to your letter of February 2, 2009 concerning your inquiry whether or not I fall within the
mandatory registration requirements under the Health Professions Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. H-7 (“the Act”),
I referred this matter to the legal council of my employer, the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre
(“AARC”), and was advised that I do not fall under the Act for any one of the following reasons:
1. My work is restricted to the application of the “Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Program” relating to
alcoholic or addicts under a contract for services with AARC being a non-profit corporation of Alberta
which program does not fall within the definition of a “health service” under the Act.
2. The implementation of the “Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step Program” does not require the services of
a professional psychologist or other health professional, therefore section 46 of the Act which
references section 28(2) does not apply. In the event persons who contract with AARC suffer from
mental illness or physical illness, such matters are referred to an appropriate health professional.
3. Section 46 of the Act does not apply because I do not provide “professional services directly to the
public”. The services associated with the application of the “Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step Program”
are not regulated under the Act as discussed above. Further, the services are not provided directly to
the public but to clients of AARC, being a private corporation, and the services are provided through
AARC under its direction.
4. AARC has a funding agreement with AADAC who are exempt from the mandatory registration
provisions in the Act.
As to the issue of the application “restricted title” provisions of the Act, the legal council for AARC
further advises that I do not fall under the restricted title provisions of the Act for the following reasons:
1. Section 2 of schedule 22 does not apply since I am not a regulated member of the College of Alberta
Psychologists and not obligated to register. Section 128(5)(a) therefore does not apply.
2. Section 128(1) of the Act has no application since I do not make representations that I am regulated
by the College of Alberta Psychologists.
5. Section 128(7) of the Act does not apply since I am not providing a health service within the meaning
of the Act.
I trust the above answers the questions you raised.
Yours truly,
F. Dean Vause, PhD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Re: The Wiz is Flushed From Cover
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:05:09 PM »
"My work is restricted to the application of the “Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Program” relating to
alcoholic or addicts under a contract for services with AARC being a non-profit corporation of Alberta
which program does not fall within the definition of a “health service” under the Act."

$50 000 per year for AA.

"The Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre (AARC) is a long-term treatment program for chemically dependent adolescents and their families."

http://www.aarc.ab.ca/aarcProgram.php
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »
"The implementation of the “Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step Program” does not require the services of
a professional psychologist or other health professional, therefore section 46 of the Act which
references section 28(2) does not apply. In the event persons who contract with AARC suffer from
mental illness or physical illness, such matters are referred to an appropriate health professional."

"The AARC program is based on the fundamental that addiction is a disease. Adolescent addiction is defined as a psycho-social, genetic, chronic, progressive and relapsing disease affecting every dimension of the adolescent and their family members' lives."

Canadian West."

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
"Section 2 of schedule 22 does not apply since I am not a regulated member of the College of Alberta
Psychologists and not obligated to register. Section 128(5)(a) therefore does not apply."

Those were the days.  That statement stands in stark contrast to what Auntie Joanne said about the wiz on Fornits back in '02: "2nd point - shows me I did not "rant" long enough because I missed pointing out another myth and the lunacy about his being or not being a registered psychologist. BTW, the fact is that he is recognized/registered psychologist.
 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=803&p=5285&hilit=jem#p5285"

Canadian West."

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
"Section 2 of schedule 22 does not apply since I am not a regulated member of the College of Alberta Psychologists and not obligated to register. Section 128(5)(a) therefore does not apply."

Those were the days.  That statement stands in stark contrast to what Auntie Joanne said about the wiz on Fornits back in '02: "2nd point - shows me I did not "rant" long enough because I missed pointing out another myth and the lunacy about his being or not being a registered psychologist. BTW, the fact is that he is recognized/registered psychologist.
 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=803&p=5285&hilit=jem#p5285"
I'm assuming that he used to represent himself as being a "psychologist." At least, that's pretty much what I've read on these threads in the past.

Could you please clarify, fwiw: did Vause also (previously) register as such, as implied or stated outright by Auntie Joanne?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »
Never registered, he wasn't qualified.

Canadian West."

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Never registered, he wasn't qualified.
Ya sure? Did he try? :rofl:

My guess is that he didn't, cuz that'd a real stretch. Pity, though. Cuz if he did, his goose would be cooked, so to speak. Talk about fraudulent representation, lol.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »
"My work is restricted to the application of the “Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Program” relating to
which program does not fall within the definition of a “health service” under the Act."
http://stopaarc.org/letter_to_college_psychologists.pdf

"Alcoholics Anonymous AA meetings are Free and conducted by alcoholics."
 http://www.alcoholicsanonymous.com/

"Treatment Fees
 Alberta resident (Per Day)
$150.00
Out-Of-Province Fees (Per Day)
$160.00"

"AARC is unlike any program in Canada."
http://www.aarc.ab.ca/aarcProgram.php

The Wiz is Clinical Director of a $50 000 per year AA program.

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »
:bump:

As All About Receiving Cash continues to try to destroy anyone who has been fool-hardy enough to publicly tell the truth about the unlicensed, unregulated, behaviour-modification program, (formerly known as Kids of the Canadian West), the letter referred to above is proving to be a source of much consternation.  Like any good organized criminal, the Wiz had any documents of import trundled over to AARC parent and lawyer Lojek.  The idea of course being that any documents are subject to attorney-client privilege.  Once CBC dumped the seventh-grade notes that constituted AARC treatment records into the public forum, the rush to cover up went into full swing.  But somehow, this little tidbit, which is essentially an admission that AARC charges $50 000 per head, per annum, to attend AA meetings, and a completely dishonest denial of the client experience in All About Receiving Cash (Anger Rap in AA? What dat is? What did Bill Wilson say about Zero Club, anyhow?) slipped out.  AARC is apparently trying to hang the blame on persecuted whistle-blower Amy Sparks, currently the victim of yet another SLAPP suit.  But what is the origin of the smoking gun that spells out in no uncertain terms that the Wiz has been defrauding people for twenty years running?

Canadian West."

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
Quote from: "??????????"
NOBODY GIVES A FUCKKK ANYMORE, ACRAX!!

:spam:  :boycott:  :lala:  O0

Oddly enough, that does not seem to be entirely true.  In fact, AARC's CFR mouthpiece gives every indication of caring a great deal about this.  Weird, no?

Canadian West."

N.O.S.O.B.

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 11:02:18 PM »

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »
Bump

Canadian West."