Author Topic: Former principal of Red River Academy in Lecompte has died  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
John Burke Jarred (1935 - 2011)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »
John Burke Jarred (1935 - 2011)

John Burke Jarred

A Holy Eucharist celebrating the life of John Burke Jarred will be held Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 2:00 p.m., St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 2627 Horseshoe Drive, Alexandria. Officiating will be The Rev. Frank W. Hughes. Interment will follow in Greenwood Memorial Park in Pineville.

Visitation will be held Wednesday, September 21, 2011 from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m at Hixson Brothers Funeral Home in Alexandria and Thursday, September 22, 2011, from 1:00 p.m. until the time of service at the church.

Mr. Jarred was born December 18, 1935 in Alexandria and passed away at his residence in Alexandria on September 19, 2011.

John attended Rosenthal Grammar School and graduated from Bolton High School. After serving in the U.S. Navy, he attended Louisiana State University where he graduated with a B.S. Degree and a M.A. Degree. After graduation, Mr. Jarred began his public education career at Central High School in East Baton Rouge Parish and later retired as principal of Poland Junior High School in Rapides Parish. Recently Mr. Jarred retired as principal of Red River Academy in Le Compte.

He was a member of St. Timothy's Episcopal Church. He also served as president of Woodhollow Condominium Association. Mr. Jarred was a member of the Alexandria Golf and Country Club until his recent illness. He was a member of the former Rapides Golf and Country Club and had served as president of the board.

Mr. Jarred was preceded in death by his parents, Clyde T. Jarred, Sr. and Ziranell Sartori Jarred and brother Clyde T. Jarred, Jr.

Those left to cherish his memory include his wife Nettie McCormick Jarred; daughter Elizabeth Jarred of Shreveport; three step-children, Keith Barmore of Pineville, Steven Barmore of Alexandria, and Melinda Barmore Rachal of Shreveport and her husband Bill Rachal; four siblings Ziranell "Lady" Jarred Moreau and husband Ray of Pineville, Joe A. Jarred and wife Carol of West Monroe, Fred S. Jarred and wife Faye of Baton Rouge, Richard F. Jarred and wife Sally of Baton Rouge; sister-in-law, Irma Lee Jarred; three grandchildren, Caitlyn Keppinger of Alexandria, Houston Keppinger of Alexandria, and Sidney Barmore of Pineville.

Pallbearers will be Donald G. Holloway, Houston Keppinger, Lawson Keppinger, Ross Rivet, John H. Snyder, and C.G. "Corky" Yates.

Honorary Pallbearers will be Charles E. Anderson, Nelson Ball, Edwin Caplan, Samuel R. Dunbar, John Francis, Walter Hunter, David Kellogg, Dr. Gerald Leglue, Tom Peach, Cecil Raggio, and Jerry Roan.

The family would like to extend appreciation to Dr. Steven Saccaro and the staff at the Cabrini Oncology Clinic for their very special care during this difficult time.

Memorials may be made to St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 2627 Horseshoe Drive, Alexandria, LA 71301, or charity of donor's choice.

To extend online condolences, please visit us at www.hixsonbrothers.com.

Published in The Town Talk on September 21, 2011

© Copyright 1999-2011 Legacy.com
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Guest book for John Burke Jarred
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »
GUEST BOOK for John Burke Jarred, attached to the above Obituary, #s 1-15:

September 21, 2011
    So sorry to hear of John's death.
    He was a fine gentleman and a 'nice guy'.
    Bill King - Bolton '53
      ~ Bill & Lynn King,
Houston, Texas[/list][/list]
September 21, 2011
    Please accept our sympathy with your loss.

Alex and Joan Ferry
September 21, 2011
    Ms.Nettie,
    I am saddened to hear of the passing of Mr.Jarred. I worked for him several years at Poland Jr.High. Hands down, he was the best boss I have ever had. I am so fortunate that I had the opportunity to have known him. He was an inspiration to me and I am sure many. Heaven has definitely gained a special angel. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Cindy Adkinson Lambert
      ~ Cindy Lambert
September 21, 2011
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you Aunt Nettie,and Elizabeth.
    Uncle John will be greatly missed by all family, friends and all who have met knew him. Aunt Nettie and Elizabeth may God be see both of you through the tough times.
    Love,
    Debbie,Brittany,Bryan,Blake&Baylee Pias
      ~ Debbie Pias,
Alexandria, Louisiana[/list][/list]
September 21, 2011
    Ms. Nettie,
    I am saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Jarred. I worked for him at Poland Junior High for several years. I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to have known him. Mr.Jarred, by far, was the best boss I have ever had! He was an inspiration to me, as well as to many others. Heaven has gained a special angel. I am praying for strength and guidance for you and your family.

Cindy Adkinson Lambert
September 21, 2011
    Nettie,

My heart goes out to you during your time of grief. John was a great human being and I know you will miss him very much.

Royce Allen
      ~ royce allen,
ozark, Missouri[/list][/list]
September 21, 2011
    Dear Nettie,
    I was so saddened to hear of John's death. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family.
      ~ Carol Kinder,
September 21, 2011
    Elizabeth sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
      ~ Shea Fogleman,
September 21, 2011
    Dear Nettie,

We were so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved husband. You and I both know he is now resting with the Lord. John lived an exceptional life, and will be sorely missed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Fondly,

Janell Nelson, Paige & Angela
      ~ Janell Nelson,
September 21, 2011
    Love you Aunt Nettie! Praying for you during this difficult time. Rae Lynn
September 21, 2011
    Elizabeth,
    I am here for you if you need a friend. I am so sorry for your loss. Please keep in touch.
      ~ Beverly Rudfin,
September 22, 2011
    Dear Nettie,

Kathy and I were sorry to learn of John's death. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.

In Christ's Love,

Don White+
September 22, 2011
    NETTIE,
    WE ARE SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. HE WAS SUCH A NICE MAN.

SINCERELY,

LISA AND MARY MERVILLE
September 22, 2011
    I am very saddened to learn of John's death. I attended Rosenthal Grammar School in the late 1940s with John. Then we were classmates together at Bolton High School through the mid-1950s. We played football and baseball together at these schools. My last face to face contact with John was at the Bolton High School "Reunion of Reunions" in 1995. Over the past several years John and I re-connected with each other and have remained in contact with each other via email. I have lost a long time friend and classmate. I will miss John very much, and I will miss his cheery and enlighten emails that he sent.

Lester Woods
    Bolton High School Class of 1956
      ~ Lester Woods,
Arlington, Texas[/list][/list]
September 22, 2011
    His students are his legacy. We remember him fondly at Red River. May he rest in peace.

Carol Feldkamp

©2011 Legacy.com.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------