Author Topic: TIME TO MOVE ON?  (Read 3242 times)

Offline DD Form 214

• View Profile
TIME TO MOVE ON?
« on: September 06, 2011, 11:15:04 AM »
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37763&start=0

Quote from: "Alan"
How long are some of you folks going to complain about these programs (that are closed now) Get over it! Maybe use this forum to expose/give info on programs out there NOW that may be harmful. What's it been 30 + years? :cry:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DD Form 214

• View Profile
Re: TIME TO MOVE ON?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
Alan thanks for pointing that out.  People on this forum have been crying for many years.  lol   :twofinger:

Offline jbruce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
WOW! You are rude and insensitive! If you were raped, beaten, and starved for a year of your life and had limited contact with anyone during that time frame i am sure that you would still try to find a way to move on. I have nightmares on a regular basis and flashbacks of beatings. Sometimes i wake up scared,or on several occasions i have woken up to find out that i had attacked my boyfriend in my sleep because i thought i was being raped again. For me it has been 11 years but i just discovered this group by accident today and i will defend anyone in it because i don't need to know that their stories are true, i know that mine is. this is my reality and my past that i need to come to terms with. you can't make a person move on. that is something that they need to do on their own and if you don't want to see it then don't read this!

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 03:09:05 AM »
Quote from: "jbruce"
WOW! You are rude and insensitive! If you were raped, beaten, and starved for a year of your life and had limited contact with anyone during that time frame i am sure that you would still try to find a way to move on. I have nightmares on a regular basis and flashbacks of beatings. Sometimes i wake up scared,or on several occasions i have woken up to find out that i had attacked my boyfriend in my sleep because i thought i was being raped again. For me it has been 11 years but i just discovered this group by accident today and i will defend anyone in it because i don't need to know that their stories are true, i know that mine is. this is my reality and my past that i need to come to terms with. you can't make a person move on. that is something that they need to do on their own and if you don't want to see it then don't read this!

Don't let troll 214 get to you. it's only a troll.and
WELCOME!
?©?€~¥@

Offline Done That

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 04:45:41 AM »
Did you guys seek professional counseling after you left the program?  There were many people who were successful in their communities under the guidance of a professional counselor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 07:29:43 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:28:06 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:32:16 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:20:31 PM by Anonymous »

Offline jbruce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:41 AM »
Quote from: "Done That"
Did you guys seek professional counseling after you left the program?  There were many people who were successful in their communities under the guidance of a professional counselor.
well no actually. i haven't sought professional counseling but i have still managed to live a somewhat normal life. i had such distrust for other people for so long that i wouldn't dreamed of trusting another person who was gonna "help me" get better. i had no money to obtain such a thing anyway if i wanted it. i am doing just fine now and have literally closed the door on that 11 years ago. wwasp should be the ones paying for our counseling.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:29:53 AM »
Quote from: "Done That"

Yea, jail cured me from ever going back to the seed.
?©?€~¥@

Offline 325troll

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 12:17:50 AM »
I went through 5 years of counseling  and ended up in the cesspool  known as "fornits."

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 10:57:35 AM »
Quote from: "DD Form 214"
http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37763&start=0

How long are some of you folks going to complain about these programs (that are closed now) Get over it! Maybe use this forum to expose/give info on programs out there NOW that may be harmful. What's it been 30 + years? :cry:

I might stop talking about it when morons like you stop telling me to get over it.  Then again I might not.  Fuck you.

Offline 325troll

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Quote from: "DD Form 214"
http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37763&start=0

I might stop talking about it when morons like you stop telling me to get over it.  Then again I might not.  Fuck you.

No, fuck you Shadyacres.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:17:24 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »
Get over it?  It is difficult to do when your internal hard drive was re-wired and you find it affecting your life at a very entrenched level for decades. In any event, when I first came to Fornits, it was the first time I ever discussed the situation. I wasn't looking to blame everything in life on the experience. I was looking to finally talk about something I suppressed but still dreamt about with people who understood.  I was able to then process the experience and put it on the shelf. I don't have dreams anymore and I am at peace with how I view the industry.  Now, far more important than whatever happened to me personally is that it still happens to others. I've seen various places shut down since I first started on the board, and this pleases me. However, there are still places operating using the same tactics - but more cleverly presented - as 30 years ago - thus, it is still relevant.  So I'm over crying about my own experience, I certainly care about others' present confinement and mental hijacking.  I do understand the frustration that some people use their former experience as a "get out of jail for free" card for dealing with life and responsibility. However, it does show that these programs are not the saviors of people.

Offline 325troll

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 06:47:39 PM »
Thanks Samara.  Your reply was the first honest response people have heard in years.