Author Topic: Sign the Petition to Stop Abuse in Residential Treatment  (Read 1105 times)

Offline MedicalWhistleblower

• View Profile
Sign the Petition to Stop Abuse in Residential Treatment
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:26:24 AM »
Subject: Prevent Abuse in Residential Treatment

Hi,
We call on our US Senators to draft legislation that will protect teens from abuse in residential programs. Now that H.R. 911 Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009 has passed the US house during the 111th session (2009-2010), we need similar legislation to be passed by the US Senate.

So I created a petition to The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate and President Barack Obama, which says:
" Draft Senate Legislation to Stop Abuse in Teen Residential Programs I am asking you as my elected representative to help provide leadership in drafting legislation in the US Senate similar to H.R. 911Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009 so that we can make residential treatment facilities safer and better regulated. We need legislation to finally end the culture of abuse and neglect that has forever altered the lives of thousands of teens. Parents need to be assured that when they place their child in a residential facility that their child will be safe while attending a program intended to help them deal with their challenges and problems. Please make these human rights abuses stop. We should have regulatory control over these facilities so we can prevent abuse and medical fraud. We need to provide the necessary legislative framework for meaningful reforms to end the deceptive marketing practices and the patterns of abuse that have so seriously impacted many families in the U.S.A. Please join in collaborative efforts with your colleagues in the US House of Representatives and make legislation that protects children and teens a reality in the U.S.A. "

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/prevent-abuse-in ... _by=211154
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »