Author Topic: Hephzibah House reported on CNN tonight  (Read 15229 times)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Hephzibah House reported on CNN tonight
« on: September 01, 2011, 04:56:02 PM »
Heads up,

Watch CNN tonight, September 1st 2011

8:00pm EST

Anderson Cooper Reports on Hephzibah House (and more?). This is part one. I have no further information.

Spread the word please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline wdtony

• View Profile

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
Re: Hephzibah House reported on CNN tonight
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »
Neat, thanks.  :)

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
http://www.timesuniononline.com/main.asp?SectionID=82&SubSectionID=353&ArticleID=57766
9/1/2011 12:30:00 PM
Hephzibah House to be Featured in CNN Investigation
Aaron Organ Staff Writer

Hephzibah House, the embattled private faith-based Winona Lake boarding school for troubled teenage girls, will be featured on CNN tonight as part of an ongoing series on child discipline and religion called “Ungodly Discipline.”

The school, which is affiliated with Believer’s Baptist Church, will be discussed on reporter Anderson Cooper’s popular news talk show, “Anderson Cooper 360” at 8 p.m., according to one woman interviewed for the story. A crew from the show interviewed former students on  their concerns of unorthodox discipline inside the not-for-profit school.

Hephzibah House founder and pastor Ron Williams was also interviewed for the story, the Times-Union has learned.

A call to Hephzibah House seeking comment was not returned.

“I am very excited that CNN is taking this issue public and I believe this is another opportunity to bring awareness to the horrific abuse that we endured at Hephzibah House,” said Jennifer Singleton, a former Hephzibah House student now living in Virginia. “I am hoping this gets us one more step closer to closing down Hephzibah House once and for all.”

Hephzibah House has long faced allegations from protesters that accuse the boarding school of abusing their students, often through excessive and unusual techniques. None have been proven.

A local task force designed to look into the claims was launched in 2008 by Warsaw Police Department Victim’s Advocate Becky Anglin, but it phased out after the group “couldn’t get anyone with any power to do anything,” she said. Anglin said the task force received substantial support from the community, but none from elected officials, and the force fizzled out as a result.

Hephzibah House and schools like it were also the topic of state and federal laws drafted to more closely monitor schools like Hephzibah and have had varying results.

The Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009 was passed into legislation, requiring both public and private programs to meet minimum standards of student care. State bill HR 6358, drafted in 2008 to call for more public accountability and place schools like Hephzibah House under its jurisdiction, died in the State Senate.

Numerous former students of Hephzibah House, who call themselves “survivors,” have protested on city streets several times against the school.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
CNN: Anderson Cooper,

UnGodly Discipline Investigation

Link to the Video here. I believe there may be more footage to come but I have no further information.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/01/v ... stigation/

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:32:14 PM »
It looks like a full hour will be aired about this tonight on CNN. Watch it or DVR it if you can. This looks very promising!

from the Anderson Cooper 360 website:

360º Friday

Join us tomorrow for our special hour-long report...Ungodly Discipline: A collision of faith, family, and the law. That's Friday on AC360º at 8pm ET and 10pET

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Ungodly Discipline
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 06:38:34 PM »
I watched thank you, and I hope a lot of others will too. The segment covering inquiry about the decades of abuses of girls held at Hephzibah House and Indiana Code 31-27-2 § 7 which prevents much State oversight –along with reference to Lester Roloff Homes did continue in the Anderson Cooper 360° show called Ungodly Discipline. Also featured was Michael Pearl’s Book To train up a child (which was bagged as evidence in the brutal beating death of 7 year old Lydia Schattz)  as well as an interview with Jocelyn Zichterman who grew up with the IFB and explains that the so called "biblical discipline" meted out within that group is done with the expressed intent to break the child’s will.

It becomes a question of more than faith, but rather one of humanity considering how many of these programs (FBCI recipients and others) ultimately do harm to the kids they’re purportedly trying to save by means of rigid indoctrination of beliefs, torment and violence – in so doing damaging the child’s faith in themselves and their community.

Does anyone know if this Hephzibah House is fully privately funded or would these folks at the DOJ have any oversight?
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
Fascinating article, investigated well and produced well. Just one thing it was a bit surreal to sit and watch kids being abused physically and know just 36 years ago that was me being beaten for practically the same disciplinary infractions they were. Nothing has changed, really.
This book "To Train Up A Child". I mean really, don't spare the rod. Pearl's quote, "I am not hitting, I am spanking". Kids as early as 5yrs. should be spanked with a switch, spatula, wooden spoon, plumbers PVC pipe until there is pain inflicted. Mrs Pearl talking about a incident when she was breast feeding and her baby bit her, her reaction was to pull the babies hair until it hurt. WTF!!!
Am I missing something here or is all this violence beget violence, does this create unnecessary fear within the child??
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 02:58:55 AM »
Danny B wrote
"Am I missing something here or is all this violence beget violence"

This is almost too easy. So would somesone else please explain it to him? If I do it he will think i'm picking on him.
Little help here..................
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Danny B wrote
"Am I missing something here or is all this violence beget violence"

This is almost too easy. So would somesone else please explain it to him? If I do it he will think i'm picking on him.
Little help here..................

It was rhetorical, wizard.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 04:02:39 PM »
I am with None-Ya , for it being re tor  hical ,seriously coming from him ya gotta wonder ....after all the internet violence that has espoused  from this old boy danny bennison's finger tips ...I walk on water.

And Danny Bennison don't flatter yurself ,you aren't worth trolling.

It is worth to make sure that the unarmed ,be forwarned about you. think of it Danny Bennison as a public service that good people do to protect other good people from really sick people like yourself .....I hope this is crystal clear danny , it aint trolling it is a public service ,that protects people  from being hurt by people like you ......And if you need any proof , or anyone needs proof for that matter.(I know you, Danny Bennison , have a hard time with reading what you have written , as to your strange interpetations of the words that you write  and ,what you  say you wrote and ,well  the REALITY of what you have  written and what those words mean ) one has to look no further than any and all of Danny Bennison's posts on this fornit web forum .

A threat versus...... an invitation to an unsolicted AA meeting.....laughing out freaking loud (Danny Bennison I don't  believe in your cult of AA, not that it hasn't helped some people , I just don't believe in it . I enjoy drinking on occassion, I know its something you wouldn't understand ,or couldn't understand.)

I still think its a threat Danny Bennison though how you get it to be an invitation to an aa meeting ,I mean I really can't follow that stretch of your version of yur  truth ...nor can anyone else who knows and understands the English language . Ah but Danny Bennison we all know you can't handle the TOOTH....lol...you are such a freaking joke ,and sorry it is just to easy . Yeah Danny Bennison this is the truth you are just  reaping what you have sown, punk.

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 05:22:23 PM »
Hey, have you guys ever worked on your anger?  Because it is really obnoxious and only perpetuates the harm that has been done at these facilities.  So I kindly ask you all to knock it off.  Yes, Danny has done wrong.  Danny has admitted he has done wrong and has gone out of his way to not continue doing that wrong.  Constantly harping on him is going to have you end up being in the wrong.  So I have to ask you, when is it going to end?

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »
good point exlebes .....When is it going to end .....You confuse the truth about Danny Bennison as being our anger. We know what he is..... and what he has done .....We know how sick this Danny Bennison is.
I don't hate him I just feel sorry for him.

Maybe you should really ask Danny Bennison when he is he going to apologize and make ammends to the people that he has unmercifully and viciously attacked .....you obviously don'y know(unless of course you are a troll ,who knows damn well what he has been doing and are in cahoots with him ,sorry Exlebes it just really would not surprise me )

Instead of attacking people like he does ,just like a former employee of elan ,Who was an Adult that worked as an adult at elan for 22 months before he was either fired or quit , yeah I know thats all irrelavent and coing from him we would never be told the truth .

Danny Bennison made amends and apologized ,and accepted responsibility for the sick way he went after survivors . If Danny Bennison told the truth ,and if Danny Bennison kept his word then over time ...ahh I am laighing so hard right now ,cause its a simply fact that Danny Bennison apologizes in a blanket form and then in 23 minutes he breaks his apology .

I personaly don't believe that Danny Bennison can do this , accept responsibility for his actions , make individual heart felt apologies to the people that he has harmed , and then as the AA step says (don't know which one ) make amends to those that he can.

Exelebes I have seen to much sickness from this Danny Bennison to really believe that he could do this. Some people like him I feel are incapable of "getting honest " with themselves or others. Danny Bennison I believe is a true danger to survivors of all programs.

I would really like to believe that he could do this ,but he aqttacks and in ways that are now getting to be seriously funny . It like he says he sits on a board that is against bullying ,that is so funny it is a complete laugh riot . cause he is the biggest bully know in the industry . It is classic abuser mentality . when Danny Bennison says that he has to defend himself , that is just a laugh riot b,Danny Bennison is indefensible , he has made himself to be a caracture of a really sick and twisted abuser of survivbors .

And my God Exelebes we did not trick him into becoming this he did it all on his little own.

go ask Quagmire, Cuggles, Heritek Reb and all the other akas that are Danny Bennison and ask him if he can stop being an abuser, and make heart felt apologies ,and make amends and stick with it....it kinda like  if Danny Bennison "acted as if " he was a kind and compassionate person to former survivors that just maybe ,( in his case it has to be for quite a period of time due to the pain he has caused many  survivors) that just maybe it could become real .

The paradox though is that Danny Bennison is caught up in a really sick "ground hog day " type life that I don't think he can change . It would be cool if he could but I don't think he can , I don't trust people I knopw that are pathological liars , that are devoid of any conscience what so ever , that seem to really enjoy causing people pain and I meqn really getting off on it in the most vile and crass and classless way possible.

Exelebes I would love to be wrong , and see this Danny Bennison become a human being , make public apologies to each individual person he has harmed , see him stick with it and also see him make amends also to those , though I am not holding my breath.  

If somebody hurts you once shame on them if they hurt you twice shame on you.  Danny Bennison doesn't hurt me anymore ,cause I know what he is, and I will straighting him out when he attacks me or my friends and I am speaking from the heart . if he can change so be it ......

Offline Judge Joe Brown

• View Profile
deleted September 8, 2011
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 06:20:22 PM »
deleted September 8, 2011
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:26:05 AM by Judge Joe Brown »

Offline wdtony

• View Profile