Author Topic: Vision Quest is a Sad Place  (Read 14022 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Vision Quest is a Sad Place
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
I actually work for this place in Franklin PA, and there is only a small number of staff there for all the right reasons, I am currently looking for another job, I love working with kids and took this chance with VQ, and have been dissapointed from day one, this is nothing more than a warehouse for kids with zero help and treatment being offered, They do not have a clue, I am at the RTF part of the facility so there is no Boot Camp mentality, it is just a few long houses (warehouses) full of kids, Sadly I would say 80% of the kids there really want to get some help and VQ ignores them, I have spent some time on individual basis working with some of them, to try and do my part, but it is a loosing battle with this place, I wish DPW or another agency would really take a strong look at this place and just shut it the hell down.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »
Have you been in touch with ISAC?  Maybe they call help you in some way?

http://www.isaccorp.org

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
You can play a real assit role in getting VQ investigated and possible shutdown. I would consider using a hidden camera and documenting as much as possible and hopefully catch them on tape doing illegal things, abuse, ect. Franklin is the camp site that had one building and right in back of it had a rec feild and behind the rec feild had all those tipis tents the students slept in?

I urge and beg you, please get a hidden camera and document that place, they have no business caring for teens whatsoever!

You can make a real difference.

Look at the freak
 "http://www.plentyoffish.com/member942655.htm"[ This Message was edited by: The Elan Reporter on 2006-04-12 07:46 ]
fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!

Offline Sentinel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »
i suggest calling the officials in charge of the recent investigation and telling them your concerns.

or heres some websites that sell hidden cameras if you feel like going James Bond style

http://www.spytechs.com/

http://www.spytekva.com/
its fun to obey the machine\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »
On 2006-04-12 07:45:00, The Elan Reporter wrote:

"You can play a real assit role in getting VQ investigated and possible shutdown. I would consider using a hidden camera and documenting as much as possible and hopefully catch them on tape doing illegal things, abuse, ect. Franklin is the camp site that had one building and right in back of it had a rec feild and behind the rec feild had all those tipis tents the students slept in?

I urge and beg you, please get a hidden camera and document that place, they have no business caring for teens whatsoever!

You can make a real difference.

Brought to you by The Elan Reporter, the only reliable source for all your up to date Elan happenings.

Look at the freak

"http://www.plentyoffish.com/member942655.htm"[ This Message was edited by: The Elan Reporter on 2006-04-12 07:46 ]"
:nworthy:

Offline youthadvocate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
I worked there several years ago myself at the boot camp.  And I know what you mean about the full circle "program."  There's no program at all.  And I definitely noticed the blase outlook of their staff.  As far as doing something to get it shut down, I would suggest taking the advice of contacting agencies.  You could contact DPW directly and tell them your concerns.  I would not suggest secret video taping as it would breaking the confidentiality of the youth and would have serious legal implications for you as well as get you banned from working with kids in the future.

Offline hawaiib34

• View Profile
Re: Vision Quest is a Sad Place
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:30 AM »
Wow! I was a youth in the west coast program for a year and 6 months around 1986. I had been on my own since 14 because life on the street was safer than home, I was arrested 7 times before I hit 16, placed in a group home and made a ward of the court. Went to VQ shortly after. And I loved it! It changed my life! I did see a couple of staff get a little rough but nothing major, I heard a kid died a couple years ahead of me from a heart problem. I know I had to go thru an extensive physical before they would release me to the program. I am not saying all the kids that died were from Physiological unforeseeable's, but I would guess that would be the bulk of them. VQ was tough! Physically and mentally. All the staff I knew were good people with good intentions. They had a great program that was consistent and was pro talk about your problems, never did I have a problem asking a staff to talk and have them say "no" It was a great environment.

Since leaving VQ I have gone to college, started my own business and am raising two beautiful, smart, well rounded children. Not tosay all the grass has been green, but without VQ I would not have achieved any of this.

Mike

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 06:41:16 AM »
Miller Newton? Is that you? :roflmao:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline mlg81

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
Leave visionquest as soon as possible.  I worked for Abraxas for three weeks and quit because of the staff abuse.  Dont risk your career, leave before you are blamed.