Author Topic: "RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL - FINAL BOW IS LESS THAN GRACEFUL..."  (Read 10500 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
"RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL - FINAL BOW IS LESS THAN GRACEFUL..."
« on: July 21, 2011, 07:14:36 PM »
WHOOTER WHOOTER PARODIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES MAY NOT POST INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO JON HUNTSMAN ED KAHN FRED THOMPSON.  ALSO, PROGRAM AND RULES MAY NOT POST

...MORE PROPAGANDA AND NO APOLOGY"

TAKEN FROM:  http://JILLIESTAKE.BLOGSPOT.COM

Mr. Buccellato just does not know how to bow out gracefully. Now he cares about the children.To use the children like this on your final curtain call, is disgusting.   Ridge Creek School did not have food service since last Friday.  Buccellato and Edens wanted to contain this until the next Friday.   Yet, there was an apparent abundant supply of  "Little Toy Soldiers;" "Toy Animals" indeed.  One would imagine the Director of DFCS will mention tripping over "Little Toy Soldiers" last Tuesday.  This should be an interesting report. Of all the unusual events Wednesday,  the Director of the Georgia Advocacy Office must have welcomed the sight of  " Little Toy Soldiers" and "Toy Animals."... Perhaps, it was an "oversight." Stay tuned.

http://http://ridgecreekschool.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Little Toy Soldiers"

Ridge Creek School is closed and I will never look at little toy soldiers without thinking about the school, the students, familes, and colleagues I worked with while I was there.

Monday after lunch I broke the news to the students that Ridge Creek School would be closing it's doors by the end of the week.  There were tears and protests that it was not true.  Students and staff spent time at Lakefront consoling one another, then the students were dismissed to their dorms to pack and prepare for departures, whenever that would come.  

Later that day I saw some of the boys walking around and putting something on my car.  I asked what they were doing and they said they were putting out toy soldiers.  When I asked why, they said to protect the school.  The little toy soldiers are everywhere...in the Admin Building, the dorms, Academics, the Lodge, the Gym, on retaining walls.  When they ran out of toy soldiers they placed toy animals to watch over us.

It was clear the little toy soldiers were a metaphor for their feelings that day and the days that followed as the toy soldiers are still here, after everyone is gone, protecting Ridge Creek School.  These young men were feeling that they and their school had been attacked and needed protection.  

Over the next few days I heard students say that Ridge Creek was a family, they liked it here, it just started to get good for them and that they did not want to leave.  One student told me he knew he was Oppositional Defiant Disorderd because he did not want to come when he was sent here, and now that he was being forced to leave, he did not want to go.  Another student asked her father to let her spend the night one more time before leaving school.

Parents were, for the most part, incredibly understanding with the news and the scramble for getting their children home or to the next program.  I hear over and over how grateful they were that their child had the time here that they had, some claiming we had saved their child's life.  

The campus is now empty except for the staff that live here.  No more do I hear the shouts and laughter of the students as they return to their dorms in the evening.  The peace of the mountains surrounds the campus, unfortunately it will no longer bring peace and healing to the hearts and minds of troubled teenages.

Posted by Ridge Creek Therapeutic Boarding School at 5:50 PM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline someonesomewhere

• View Profile
Re: "RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL - FINAL BOW IS LESS THAN GRACEFUL...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:15 PM »
As if postpubecent teens nowadays have enough imagination to play with toy soldiers. I can totally imagine two 16 years olds going "pow pow pow" at each other. They are more likely to try to get high off burning the plastic those soldiers are made of than actually play with them. Those things were probably laying around collecting dust in bucci's peado-box and in a moment of drunken inspiration he probably pulled those out, took a few snapshots and wrote a poetic finale for himself.

Offline neednotknow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:18:06 PM »
anyone who knew Len, knows he did not write this. he would not even go to lunch if the kids were out and avoided the days parents came for workshops. He is evil, plain and simple. I saw and lived his Dr. :peace: Jeyckll and Mr. Hyde...BUt I was one of the few good ones that did speak up..and left :peace:

Offline RCSworkhorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »
Wow this makes me mad! Anyone who has worked at RCS recently knows very well that Len hid in his office and almost never interacted with Students....I would dare say he hasn't actually heard children's laughter on that campus in some time.
This man's unwillingness to admit that his lack of leadership and ethics had anything to do with the failure of the school paired with the ease with which he passes the buck off to "disturbed individuals" infuriates me. For god sake Len...while you are drying your crocodile tears hard working people who actually worked with these kids and tried to keep them safe.....despite your lack of support....are now having to look for jobs and pick up the peices of their lives, families are incurring the costs of unplanned flights home and wondering if they will ever see a penny of the money they thought they were investing in the well-being of their children!? I am disgusted!

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
The previous posters know whereof they speak. The fastest I  ever saw Bucchi move was on the first day of a parent workshop in 2005 when the parents of one of the students got there almost an hour early. Bucchi was standing in the lobby of the parent workshop room and saw them just as they were reaching the door. He froze, realizing he couldn't get back to his office before they came in, so he ran as fast as his stubby little legs would carry him into the Men's Room. All staff who witnessed this laughed under their breath. After a couple of minutes he still hadn't come out, so I went in just to see what he was doing. He was in the far stall, door closed; but as with most public restroom stalls, the privacy wall didn't begin until it was about knee high. You could see Bucchi's little feet almost touching the floor, and it was obvious that he had not pulled down his pants... just plopped his fat ass on the commode hoping the parents would go away. He is truly the most cowardly human I've ever known.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Everyone appears shocked by "Little Toy Soldiers."  I just spoke with the GAO -  confirmed they did not trip over nor see any "Little Toy Soldiers" or "Toy Animals."

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:15:23 PM »
Quote from: "RCSworkhorse"
I would dare say he hasn't actually heard children's laughter on that campus in some time.

I would dare say that laughter on that campus was as rare as rocking horse shit.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »
Director of Counseling Anne Edens took credit for writing "Little Toy Soldiers."  Serious issues here.

Anne Edens " My observations on the closing of the school."

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
What a crock. He never lowered himself enough to be around any kids. Whatsmore had he seen kids anywhere near his car he would have flipped out and had them arrested.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
What a crock. He never lowered himself enough to be around any kids. Whatsmore had he seen kids anywhere near his car he would have flipped out and had them arrested.

True. He never let anyone near his "Faguar".