Author Topic: RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL IS CLOSED!  (Read 6343 times)

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL IS CLOSED!
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:14:02 AM »
Word is as of yesterday there are no children remaining at Ridge Creek and the school has closed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline jaak1001

• View Profile
Re: RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL IS CLOSED!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »
It took a long time and thanks to everyone who had a hand in getting this place shut down. Your tireless efforts and persistance has paid off. My heart really goes out to the children and parents both past and present as this may bring closure to some, but to others its just the beginning. Current parents who entrusted this place with their child now have the long road ahead with many decisions. I don't know what type of justice would be acceptable, but at least no more children will ever be hurt by this facility. I for one am happy that we removed our child from this place before too much damage was done and he is now home making significant strides. So for all that have been working behind the scenes a big word of THANKS! To Anne Edens and Bucchi - from the critically acclaimed movie directed by Keenan Ivory Williams, they're Gonna Git You Sucka!!!!!

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 03:33:16 PM »
Revocation of licenses.  Current and former licensed staff that did not report egregious incidents such as beatings,attempted suicides, and the acceptance of inapproriate children will lose their licenses, and never be allowed to work at either a bonafide licensed PRTF, RTF, or in a therapeutic setting again, hopefully.  Anne Edens and Leonard Buccellato will no longer be allowed to practice psychology, hopefully. This was not a licensed PRTF, nor was it a licensed RTF.  Teachers should have reported the truth not only to Advanc-Ed (SACS), but the ORCC regarding Special Needs children and violations of ICPC. Counselors should have reported the truth about the documents and records, along with mandatory reporting of incidents which is a State and Federal violation, along with a violation of children's rights.  According to one official who summeds it up aptly, "there are no excuses."  

To those staff that have fled to Brandon Hall, private practice, or other facilities, in-state or out-of state - checkmate.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:48:50 AM by Jill Ryan »

Offline someonesomewhere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:18 PM »
When you say Anne and Bucci can't practice anymore, what do you mean by that specifically? Does this mean he just won't be able to get licensing to open another school or have a private practice, or does it mean he won't be able to do anything in his field? Alot of options exist for someone like him. He is (was?) already a "career consultant" and "ed consultant".
How about all the other staff, the 1% that were shamelessly cruel and powerhungry, many of whom have long since left the school? (Ted McAllister?)

More importantly,
What about the hundreds of other "schools" and "treatment centers" around the country (and just across the border) that are just as bad if not worse than HLA? Why do you think thewho focused so much on hidden lake? Bucci was a star in his time, in his industry, and HLA was his masterpiece. Flagship of the industry. It was the "top" therapeutic boarding school in the country, the "harvard of schools for troubled teens" as some liked to call it. When I spent countless hours countless hours typing up counter-propaganda to thewho's BS years ago, I did it because I felt that if HLA fell, the other schools would fall too. I didnt do it out of spite and vindictiveness towards just bucci and his cronies (disgruntled? hah!). I did it because it was the start of something much much bigger, something that would have a widespread effect on the future of troubled teen-dom.  

When I try to explain to people what went down at that school, no one is able to truly comprehend the sheer scale of the "mind-fuck" we all had to go through. No one gets it, no one believes it. "it can't happen here, this is america! we have checks and balances for that stuff" is a common reaction when I try to explain things. My parents still don't understand what happened, or what they were thinking sending me there and believing all the lies....they are just happy it's in the past and over with. No one gets what we all had to go through fighting the school either. It was an epic battle on every front, but the war isnt over yet. It won't be over until all the other "schools" fall like dominos.  

What happened here should not pass quietly and be forgotten. Jill, I INSIST you document your story and make a book out of it. Include all the names, and source everything so it's not defamation.

Bucci shouldn't be allowed to have any more responsibility than flipping burgers or mowing grass can afford him for the rest of his putrid and despicable life and awareness needs to be raised nationwide about these troubled-teen money farms.

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »
Revocation of licensure is a long and drawnout process. It starts with the filing of a complaint with the Secretary of State at this web address: https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/myverification/SubmitComplaint.aspx

I just filed complaints against Bucchi and Edens and two former HLA/RCS "professionals". It took only a few minutes. I have been told by someone who sits on a similar board that the more complaints that are filed, the more attention that is drawn to that individual by the board. Please don't assume someone else will do this. Everyone who experienced or witnessed this abuse of power needs to take a few minutes and file a formal complaint. If we deluge the board with complaints, something will happen. Otherwise, it won't. Don't stop now. We aren't finished yet.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:24:14 AM »
There is a poll on http://http://jilliestake.blogspot.com/  if you would take a second, it would be appreciated.  We also need to hear from families.  There is a contact area on the blog.  Families also may contact the GAO in Georgia, Thanks much for your help and support.  We need it.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »
This is wonderful, overdue news.  I feel like I can finally rest and my responsibilities to the children I knew so many years ago are fulfilled.  

I would like to offer special thanks to my friends and "teammates" Jill, Teresa, Clarke, Deborah and RobertBruce - without your honesty, altruism and "sticktoitiveness," none of this would have been possible.

For Len and all of those complicit in his child abuse for profit scheme, yours is coming.  And you ain't gonna like it.  Not one bit.

Anyone reading this missive who desires to take further action may feel free to contact me at your convenience to be pointed in the right direction for your specific troubles in regard to HLA/RCS.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
It's about fucking time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :nods:  :birthday:  :notworthy:  :twofinger:  :fuckoff:  :twofinger:  :fuckoff:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :cheers:  :seg:  :seg2:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 09:42:06 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
There is a poll on http://http://jilliestake.blogspot.com/  if you would take a second, it would be appreciated.  We also need to hear from families.  There is a contact area on the blog.  Families also may contact the GAO in Georgia, Thanks much for your help and support.  We need it.
Lawsuit against the State of Georgia
87 % Favor
12% Not in Favor

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
First priority were the children.  Second priority is to hold all those accountable for what was allowed to transpire at this facility.  Climbing an active Mt. St. Helens would be an easier task.  The behavior of the former Hidden Lake Academy, then Ridge Creek, Inc. facility, along with the State of Georgia was and continues to be inexcusable. Last checked, not following through with "mandatory reporting" in the good State of Georgia is a crime; it is a misdemeanor with a fine, but the state cannot even follow through with this.  Each year, several times over, the entire staff, plus state agency officials ... it might have just sent a message.
It is not over yet.  The GAO report is due out in a few weeks, which undoubtedly the state agencies will attempt to bury.  Another battle on the horizon and hopefully a public outcry for transparency.